Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Free Stuff is Good Stuff - Pets.ca's freecycling forum

Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:17 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Wanted - coupons

Don't know if this works as a "free" thing or not but was thinking if any of us knew where to get coupons for free or even cents off cat and dog food it would be great to share the info here. I for one am feeling the pinch a little with the cat food bill. I know others are too.
The coupons Shay sent me and told me about were a great help to me! I picked up a 6.6 pound bag of Evo today for free! I thought we could all share if we heard about web sites offering coupons or mail ins or whatever so everyone could benefit.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Doggie Wench

I know if you email a lot of companies (Old Mother Hubbard for one) and ask for samples, they'll either send you some via mail or send you free coupons.

The pet supply store that you buy most of your cat/dog food at, do they ever get returns? Or bags that have split, cans that have dinged? If they don't already work with a rescue, perhaps you can ask them for the stuff they can't sell. The wholesalers refund them their money in exchange for the bar code but they don't take the food back. Hopefully there's a store or two in your area that would be willing to share with you . And if you don't receive a discount on food already, you should ask for one...you buy such a large quantity, the least the store can do for you is offer a percentage off.

And if that doesn't work, have you thought to buy direct from a wholesaler? There's a place nearby here that I used to purchase dog food, treats, and dog shampoos when I was buying in bulk for a shelter and another rescue. Maybe there's a distributor near you as well who'd be willing to sell to you.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:07 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thanks LP. Unfortunately the stores in this area have already been approached by all the registered rescues and give to them. I am in the process of doing research to get registered but until then....... I can't fight with the ones that are. I am slowly going through the "free sample" one too.
I just thought we could all use coupons occasionally. I know I sometimes get ones for dog food in the mail and very seldom use them. Maybe someone else could.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 3rd, 2010, 10:34 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Blue Buffalo has a survey you can take for a $5.00 off coupon. Though I don't know if I would trust the food right now. We're taking a sample to be tested next week for possible contamination.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old September 4th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Doggie Wench

I'm going to see what I can come up with, 14+ .
Old September 4th, 2010, 06:45 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

14+,,i just googled online coupons for free pet food and came up with eleventy billion web sites,,this is one.

www.couponcat.net/ccpets.html

on another note,my neighbour is now working for a new company and apparantly they have a huuuuge dumpster just for throwing out pet foods where the bags have been damaged(may just even be a rip in the outer bag)..i've asked him to grab me cat foods whenever he can for you...
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:56 AM
150% PRO S/N

Thank you so much ladies! I had started going through the list of companies and googled stuff but because there were so many thought this may be a faster way of finding coupons. This way a bunch of great folks get together and come up with ways of cutting corners that will benefit everyone.
GentsBabe - I will PM you. Not taking this into general.

Old September 4th, 2010, 08:23 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
14+,,i just googled online coupons for free pet food and came up with eleventy billion web sites,,this is one.

www.couponcat.net/ccpets.html
So a lot of those coupons are printable ones. Lots of places around here will not take printable coupons off line. We won't touch them at work because they are too easy to change.
But I am slowly making my way through other sites.

Old September 4th, 2010, 11:30 AM
150% PRO S/N

Just to be clear. I started this thread to try to help others with coupons too. Not just me. I truly appreciate ALL the help and suggestions coming in and I hope it helps others out as well. This is what this site is all about!!

Thank you everyone!

Old September 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Got that coupon I promised you. Sending it tuesday....

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old September 4th, 2010, 11:00 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija View Post
Got that coupon I promised you. Sending it tuesday....

Thank you!! You have had enough to worry about lately. I wasn't going to bug you about it. I hope things are looking up.
I got the other one you told me about and used it the same day. Great! It's what gave me the idea for this thread.

Old September 26th, 2010, 10:30 AM

Among the other stuff 14+kitties, I'll be sending you coupons for Kitty Litter, and Cat food
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:04 AM
150% PRO S/N

Awww Shannon, thank you again! You are too much!!

Old November 1st, 2010, 03:45 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

https://www.naturaadvantage.com

There is a sample bag coupon here. Proctor and Gamble has purchased this company so not sure how long the ingrediants will stay the same. But its worth the free bag now. You can get both cat & dog food and DH even put his name in for a free bag. ...they are 28.00 for the Evo cat food so that was worth it.
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:28 PM
~Cat Servent~

just make sure when you fill it out to say you are feeding something like whiskas on the questionaire then it's a free bag if you say that you already feed natura you only get $5 off

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM
-

I've tried a few times, all I keep getting is "something went wrong"
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:13 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

chris you have to click on a retailer in your area.....sooooo when i get the coupon which of you ladies would like it since i don't have a kitty..
Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:46 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
chris you have to click on a retailer in your area

No retailers show up Aslan ....no provinces show either

.....sooooo when i get the coupon which of you ladies would like it since i don't have a kitty..
That's a no-brainer...............I wanna a coupon
Old November 2nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Chris I am requesting one for you right now...which of these locations is closest to you?

Global Pet Foods
17730 Leslie Street Unit 2...
Newmarket, ON L3Y3E3

Global Pet Foods
130 Davis Drive Box 40
Newmarket, ON L3Y2N1

Global Pet Foods -
170 Holland St West
Bradford, ON L3Z2B4

Bark & Fitz Aurora
129 Pedersen Dr. Unit B6
Aurora, ON L4G0E3

Global Pet Foods
15440 Bayview #5
Aurora, ON L4G3G8

The Dog House
2849 Innisfil Beach Rd
Innisfil, ON L9S4C2

Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old November 2nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
-

Thanks Winston..........either of the Newmarket locations is good
Old November 2nd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Done Chris...I requested I bag of each dog and cat food coupons. They were pretty quick coming in the mail. The free bag of Evo I got was a 28.00 bag....

Would you like me to request some in Pepe's name? Oh I could even do Ethels name??
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old November 2nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Done Chris...I requested I bag of each dog and cat food coupons. They were pretty quick coming in the mail. The free bag of Evo I got was a 28.00 bag....

Would you like me to request some in Pepe's name? Oh I could even do Ethels name??
If you can Winston, that would be great.....isn't it per household though?.... I'll pm you their names.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 09:58 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

No doesnt seem to matter..DH and I have different last names and they sent us each coupons. Also I asked for dog & cat and they sent both....I'll give it a shot!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
-

Thanks a bunch Winston.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
150% PRO S/N

I have one of the coupons from before. Don't know if it's the same promo or not. It probably is. Masstiflover was kind enough to send it to me but I know I can't use it at the stores near here. It's for the Global on Hanna Ave in TO. If anyone wants it PM me and I will send it.
These coupons don't specify dog or cat. Just says 5 - 6.6 bag of pet food free and shows two bags for cats, two for dogs.
If it's a different promo then I will try to order one for me too.

Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

14+ did you want me to request one for you? if so here are the stores near you...do you go to any of these?

The Clever K9
33 Lakeshore Road
St. Catharines, ON L2N7B3

Global Pet Foods
400 Scott Street Grantham ...
St. Catharines, ON L2M3W4

Global Pet Foods
3643 Portage Road Unit 5
Niagara Falls, ON L2J2K9

Ryan's Pet Food
450 Appleby Line
Burlington, ON L7L2Y2

Pet Valu
5111 New Street
Burlington, ON L7L1V2

Ryan's Quality Pet Food
50 Dundurn Street
Hamilton, ON L8P4W8
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks Winston. I go to the one on Scott St. I'm going to try to order one in hubby's name. See what happens.

Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
-

In the event 14k has logged off Winston, I think the Global in St Catherines in the easiest....14k is talking about going there this afternoon in Benni's thread.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:34 AM
-

since i put in an address of a store near me,,i'll pick up the bag of cat food and whomever needs or wants it let me know.
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Animals Are My Life <3

I emailed every top notch company and explained my situation (regarding a Service Dog and being low income). I asked for coupons and have not had to buy cat or dog food for about 6 months now. Even Orijen mailed me a coupon for a large bag free (Byron now eats Summit Lamb and Orijen Regional Red). The cats recently got 3 coupons for California Natural/Evo, so they are now on Evo Grain free. I won't have to buy more food for another 3 months, at least. Most companies are wonderful and will send you either FPC (free product coupons) or cents off. Friskies actually sent me a voucher for 15 cans free (but USA only, so I mailed it to a pal in the US).