Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old September 7th, 2009, 01:53 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

How can you look yourself in the mirror after dumping these guys?

A co-worker called me the other day and told me she had four cats/kittens show up in her back yard. She has a field behind her house and they came out of there. I would think they were dumped in the field. There is a major highway (QEW) not even a quarter mile from her place; another very busy road between her place and the QEW. How easy would it have been for these kittens to get to it and be killed?
Anyway, I am fostering them. The little ones need to see a vet. Very major eye infection. So I will try to get them in tomorrow before I go to work. The conditions of me taking them is that she help me find homes for them.
The male - I think he is somewhere around a year old.
Name:  100_6215.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  60.7 KB
The female - maybe seven or eight months. I will find out when I take them in to be checked.
Name:  100_6210.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  62.4 KB
The babies - maybe 6 to 8 weeks old. The little black one has the worse goopy eyes. Very obviously sick. The little grey one isn't quite as bad.

People just make me sick. :sad:
Attached Images

Old September 7th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG, they are absolutely gorgeous!

No doubt the bas***ds don't have a problem looking at themselves in the mirror, since they have no compassion.

I hope the little black one's eyes get better. Poor babies.

That you are able to find homes for them.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:16 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

The first gray male reminds me so much of that cat that showed up here, 14+. I think he'd been dumped, too--probably along with his sibs that likely didn't make it

Poor kittens with goobie eyes. :sad: At least they're in a good place now! You're such an 14+!

for all of them, and for finding homes quickly!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 7th, 2009, 02:29 PM

You're good people 14+

for the vet check & finding furever homes soon

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old September 7th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OMG, 14+ it is just never ending

Thank goodness for these kitties that you are a kitty .

for each of them and a special for the little black one.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 7th, 2009, 04:01 PM
~Cat Servent~

When I see those little faces and know that someone just treated them like garbage.....man.... am I ashamed to be part of the human race. It's appauling.... dispicable....maddening really. But then I see that by some miracle, they found their way to one of us.... those of us that have a heart and realize we aren't the only beings of value here. Like you Gerri, and well I can smile through the tears, it's an inspiration to us all!

Hope they can find good homes and that the little black one isn't too sick!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old September 7th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG,14+ four more kitties
I hope this lady can help you with the vet-bills,are the older ones fixed??
There are,like you know more than anyone,people who think nothing of dumping their animals,all we can hope for,is that one day they'll get theirs
I think the grey ones could be adopted quiet easily,the little black baby,another problem all together,I hope his eyes get better,poor little guy:sad:
and KR is right,just looking at those little innocent faces,makes you cry,I HATE people too!!
Old September 7th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm sure they dumped the cats and went home and slept very soundly. I think some people are born without a conscience. They can do horrible things and not think twice.
Old September 7th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Senior Contributor

awww what cuties. i would take one of the gray ones if i could. just love the coloring! well to you 14+ for the you are and hope they find homes soon. for the little black one.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:04 PM
-

I hear you about morons who dump their animals on others

thank dog you're there 14+ !!!
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:18 PM
You can call me DOG!

You're an absolute 14+ again!

's and for the vet check and finding forever homes for these babies.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old September 7th, 2009, 09:21 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I hope this lady can help you with the vet-bills,are the older ones fixed??
I think the grey ones could be adopted quiet easily,the little black baby,another problem all together,I hope his eyes get better,poor little guy:sad:
Of course the oldest male isn't fixed. He will be the next Sunday I am off. So will the oldest female. I would think she is old enough. I will be taking Snoopy in too. My co-worker is going to help with the cost of s/n.
I hope I can get the kittens in to my vet tomorrow and that it doesn't cost much. But we all know that's not likely. The little black one is eating really well. He doesn't have any congestion or a runny nose. Just the goopy eyes. So I'm hoping it's not too bad.
I know the chances of the black kitten being adopted are low. In fact with so many cats around this year there isn't many being adopted. The other lady has her daughters working on talking to their friends. We shall see.
They are most definitely very socialized. As soon as you start petting them they purr. They just curl right into you. :sad: People suck! Just look at those faces.....
Old September 7th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

They are just beautiful cats. Unbelievable how people can just dump them.
Hopefully the black ones eyes just need some ointment or drops.

clm
Old September 8th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Senior Contributor

14+ bye the QEW? Oh by dog!! They are so lucky to be alive! I use to live by the QE and that was almost 30 years ago so I can imagine it's a lot busier now!

I'm so glad u are there for them and I hope the woman pays for the vetting.

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:10 AM
150% PRO S/N

The kittens have conjunctivitis. The grey one not too bad. The black one pretty bad. So meds four times a day for ten days. Mmmm, may have to take them everywhere with me!! I am glad it was no worse than that. I figured with no runny nose/sneezing/congestion that it had to be pretty fixable.

TQ - the QEW is nuts these days. With the service roads right there too.... !
I am sure my co worker will help me with costs for meds. The stuff for their eyes wasn't that bad.
I can simply not understand the mentality of people who think dogs and cats are disposable.
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

14+ thank god its not worse! i was thinking maybe upper respiratory?? god people make me sick! i dont know how you do it?? you are an amzing women! I really hope your co worker helps with the cost but i guess you wont know till you see the cash!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old September 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm glad to hear it was no more serious than just some goopies.

I think people feel that just because they are animals, they should know how to defend themselves and forge for food. But they don't realize it's like leaving a 2 or 3 year old child out there.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzz! 14+K - I can never ever figure out why people do these things. It picks me to no end, but I am very thankful that they are now with someone who will secure their future - these are the lucky ones.

I may be getting rottie pups that were to be drowned! Again - you really wonder about 'people'.

What more can be said except that you are T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C!
Old September 8th, 2009, 02:57 PM

They are very beautiful kittens and I'm relieved that the eye infection can be easily fixed. Thank God you found them and nothing bad happened. And some people wonder why I prefer my pets to people. Gee, I wonder...
Old September 8th, 2009, 03:17 PM

They are really beautiful and you are amazing for fostering them . that they get all healthy and fit soon.

I don't know how anyone could abandon them :sad: .

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu
Old September 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,I am glad the little one did not have a serious problem,but still feel really sorry for you,you just got the others out of the garage and here are 4 more
After the two grown cats are s/n,do you think your vet would help you out and keep them there to be adopted?.
They are beautiful cats.

My vet has 3 cats for adoption.

I soooo wish I could help you out:sad:
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:39 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks everyone. These babies are so sweet and lovable .. I just don't get it. Just idiotic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
14+,I am glad the little one did not have a serious problem,but still feel really sorry for you,you just got the others out of the garage and here are 4 more
After the two grown cats are s/n,do you think your vet would help you out and keep them there to be adopted?.
They are beautiful cats.

My vet has 3 cats for adoption.

I soooo wish I could help you out:sad:
Hubby is ok with it. He is holding the babies for me while I put the salve in their eyes. He talks to them so sweetly and then cuddles for a few minutes before I get them back. For a person who hates cats he's doing amazing!!

I don't take cats to my vet to get them fixed so there is no way he would help with adoptions. He isn't that type of vet anyway. The most you can do is to post pics and your number on his board. When I was there today there were so many "free to good home" kittens available it's disheartening. I won't let these ones go free.
You do help me out my friend. You and others on here are there when I need to chat and rant. That's all I ask for. We are ok.
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

14+ I think we need to start a thread for you on any of yours that are available... maybe someone will show an interest and adopt a couple ?? stranger things have happened here!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:46 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
14+ I think we need to start a thread for you on any of yours that are available... maybe someone will show an interest and adopt a couple ?? stranger things have happened here!
Thanks Winston. We will talk about that tomorrow when we meet up. Thanks for the thought!!
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:53 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

14+ glad the babies are ok. My sister is quite interested in the little black guy. Grace is pushing for the little gray baby. i'll keep you posted.
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:54 PM

It is so disheartening to know there are such nasty people in this world.

But then there are people like you 14+kitties, who make the world better.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that the sick babies have a full and speedy recovery and they all find loving, forever caring homes.
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:00 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
14+ glad the babies are ok. My sister is quite interested in the little black guy. Grace is pushing for the little gray baby. i'll keep you posted.
That's great news!! I want to get the little guy over his infection before he goes anywhere. The little gray girl may have a home. I have to talk to my coworker to find out what her friend says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_girlca View Post
It is so disheartening to know there are such nasty people in this world.

But then there are people like you 14+kitties, who make the world better.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that the sick babies have a full and speedy recovery and they all find loving, forever caring homes.
Thank you rg_girlca. With what you have gone through the last little while ....... just thank you.
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:02 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

my sister has a black kitty already and tends to like them, she knows they are usually the ones pushed aside.
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:15 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm glad it turned out to be something easily treated, 14+! Will they have to be quarantined until the meds are gone?

You and hubby are the best, 14+!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 9th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Senior Contributor

14+ are those kittens the offspring of the grey girl-kitty??
My vet has 3 cats running around in his clinic for adoption,much to Rockys horrorWe all know you are the greatest kitty-rescuerbut here is a to hubby for helping out although he does NOT like kitties much