Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old November 13th, 2009, 04:16 PM

Smile Hi All! *Waves*

Hi, I'm new here. I've been lurking for a little while now, and decided to join up.

My name is Danielle, and I'm from the southern US. I'm very involved in animal rescue, I'm a volunteer foster home and transporter for several rescues, and the volunteer photographer for a local animal control.

As a result, I am the proud slave to several (and I mean several!) happy rescue dogs. From my lurking time here, I quickly realized that photo's are a must (good thing, because I have a camera addiction with my furkids), so I've attached a few photos of my kiddo's below, and a quick exerpt about them.

This is Katie and Bo. Katie, on the left is a 4 year old beagle/bassett shelter rescue, and Bo is a 10 year old rescued (dumped) ex-hunting beagle.

I have 6 dachshunds, 5 of which are puppymill rescues, and Gage who is a backyard breeder dump. Rosie was in extremely bad condition when I got her, you can see a before and after photo HERE. This is a portrait taken during bathtime a few weeks ago. They've been happier... LOL. Left to right is Callie (6y/o), Gage (1y/o), Rosie (3y/o), Mattie (12y/o), Caeli (5y/o) and Gracie (9y/o).

Audubon, who I've had for almost 9 years. She was adopted from a local rescue at 9 weeks old. She's a english pointer/dalmation mix.

Sam, a 1.5-2 year old beagle/terrier mix. He was found as a stray last year, and through the sheriff in our small town, we found out that he was part of a stray litter that had been running loose for many months. We've since tracked down 3 of his siblings, 2 of which were adopted out through a local rescue.

Lily, a 3-4 year old Shih Tzu, who was abandoned at a local shelter. The shelter handed her over to me for 'fostering' a couple months ago, and pffffttt, I was hooked and quickly told them Lily was spoken for. Lily's undergone several vet visits, because she was so matted at the time, the mats had grown into her eyelids, and had created huge gaping ulcers in both of her eyes. She was also anorexic, and suffering from a UTI so severe that it had began to go to her kidney's. She's been fixed up nicely, and her eyes are starting to scar over and look much better.

And this is Annie, who is my *heart* dog. She's a 9 year old whippet mix, that was rescued last year during a hoarding bust. She spent her whole life in a rusted wire cage outdoors, and as a result, is very fearful of people with the exception of me. She also has a lot of heart problems, due to damage from severe heartworms.

This is Triumph, a 2 year old Shih Tzu mix. He was found by a good samaritan last year, shot with a bow and arrow and left in a ditch to die. He was nearly dead when they brought him into my vet, weighing barely a few pounds. He couldn't stand, or even hold his head up, and it took weeks before he could walk again. You can see a photo of Triumph just days after his rescue HERE. After a month at my vet's office (where I was a tech at the time), he was well enough to be adopted. After waiting hand and foot on the little booger for a month, I was too attached not to adopt him.

And then there's Emmy, a 2 year old chihuahua mix. She was found last year as a stray off a busy highway.

And lastly (but not least!), this is Jake, an 11 year old Shih Tzu. He was surrendered by his owner last year, when I was working at a (different) vet clinic. His owner had dropped him and his sister off earlier that morning to be euthanized, because she was now retired, and was looking to vacation more, and having dogs was too inconvenient. By the time I realized they were back there, his sister had already been put to sleep, but they hadn't gotten to Jake yet. Yeah, I walked out of there with him.

Okay, so that's all!
Old November 13th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG,I think you are breaking the record of Hazel's 8 dogs,you have an awful lot of pups,absolutely wonderful
You obviously have your heart in the right place and you are very WELCOME TO OUR FORUM
Old November 13th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Senior Contributor

WOW!!! What awesome pics of your lovely furries, and what an awesome person you are! Thanks for sharing, and welcome to Pets.ca.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old November 13th, 2009, 05:34 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

See, guys? Told ya hazel was sane! That comes to what? 15, UTANRO? You are one busy lady!!

But I must say, you have the most lovely crew! Leastwise, what I can see of it. Before my modem shut down, I could download the Katie and Bo pic and the dachshunds! OMD, that look on Callie's face!

Please, please, please when you get a chance could you put your lovely furbabies in an album under your profile? The thumbnails are easier for us dial-uppers to see

And then I almost forget to say "Welcome!" Welcome to the board, UTANRO!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 13th, 2009, 06:43 PM

Thanks guys!!

Hazel, I just went and uploaded a ton of photo's into the album under my profile.
Old November 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
One dog at a time...

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Your family is wonderful, beautiful and lucky! Thank you so much for what you do for rescues. And OMG, six doxies! I have one mini dachshund and she is the most stubborn of the bunch.

RIP My Precious Kitty - Misty Margaret (long-hair calico) - 08/24/94-03/12/10
RIP Sweet Baby Girl - Lodi Sue (dachshund mix) -01/20/98-11/04/09
RIP My Itty Bitty - Trinket Joy (chihuahua mix) Puppy Mill Survivor rescued 10/00 died 01/22/02

Rescues will touch your heart & soul like no other!
Old November 13th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh wow! Your furry's are all precious! Welcome! You're going to fit in very well.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old November 13th, 2009, 09:21 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTANRO View Post
Thanks guys!!

Hazel, I just went and uploaded a ton of photo's into the album under my profile.
!!

All I can say is ! You have an absolutely gorgeous pack!!! They are very lucky dogs to have found such an !

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 13th, 2009, 10:55 PM
-

OMG !

welcome to pets.ca , all your fuzzbutts are just too cute !! saw the before pictures :sad: you did a real good job with them !

can't wait to hear more about them
Old November 13th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Doggie Wench

<----- That's me next to Frenchy .

Way To Go UTANRO .

Dog, grant me the strength to keep from screaming at dh, "but she has 15 dogs " the next time he talks me out of keeping a foster .

Welcome to pets.ca UTANRO. What a pleasure.
Old November 13th, 2009, 11:28 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
<----- That's me next to Frenchy .

LP , I think you should leave hubby and the kids , I sell my house , and we move in with UTANRO with all our pets
Old November 14th, 2009, 04:10 AM
-

Welcome UTANRO ....finally someone that has more dogs than Hazel. And, bless you for all the rescuing you have done.

All your fuzzbutts are soooo cute and I especially love the pic of all the dachies together.

LP .....I think you should print out this page and hang it where hubby can see.
Old November 14th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Senior Contributor

I also bid you a hearty welcome to pets. what a great pack you have. Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful pictures.
Old November 14th, 2009, 11:24 AM

Thanks for the wonderful warm welcome guys!

LMAO LP, I think that's why I'm not married yet... I'd have one angry husband each time he told me not to bring home another, and I did.
Old November 14th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Vroom Vroom

Hey, I know you!

Old November 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPed_Mistress View Post
Hey, I know you!

Hai Mistress!
Old November 14th, 2009, 05:19 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Welcome UTANRO. Maybe now I won't look quite so bad. At least all of my gang are small. 'Course they don't bark either.
Love the pics. The puppers are all gorgeous! Thank you for being you.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 14th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Vroom Vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTANRO View Post
Hai Mistress!
Loser?! Why, I outta....
*shakes fist*
Old November 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh my you are an angel to these dogs. Beautifuls pets you have. WELCOME.
Old November 15th, 2009, 09:06 PM

I'm a little late but welcome to Pets .ca!

Great pictures! It will be awesome to hear your experiences . Your dogs look amazing and really happy, So great they got you .

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi Welcome to the forum!! Your furbabies are beautiful!!

Triumph's before pic was just awful, poor little guy. He is such a different dog now thanks to your care. Bless you for adopting and helping all those precious babies.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh fluff it REALLY is YOU!!!!!!!

OMG im so happy that you are here!
How is Annie doing?!
Do you realize how much ive been thinking about you and Annie

Verry happy to see your crews faces again..
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM

Hahaha thats so weird, we were both JUST talking about joining being non-canucks and all lol. Good to see you here too! I feel like I'm stalking you lol. First the doxie forum, now here.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Senior Contributor

wtf.. your here tooooo !!! Everybody moving over here now er whaaat?
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymomma View Post
Oh fluff it REALLY is YOU!!!!!!!

OMG im so happy that you are here!
How is Annie doing?!
Do you realize how much ive been thinking about you and Annie

Verry happy to see your crews faces again..
It IS meeee. Hi!!

You should've like... e-mailed me or something!

I have several people on my Facebook, you could've had your fill of crew pics on there, LOL. I only have like... 51 albums I think, hehe.

Glad you're here, yay a familiar face!

Annie is doing really well, actually! We haven't really had anymore problems and she is doing super!

Mom to the rescue crew:

Sam - 2y/o terrier mix | Annie - 9y/o whippet mix | Callie - 6y/o dachshund | Caeli - 5y/o dachshund | Gracie - 9y/o dachshund
Mattie - 12y/o dachshund | Rosie - 3y/o dachshund | Gage - 1y/o dachshund | Bo - 10y/o beagle | Katie - 4y/o beagle mix
Jake - 11 y/o shih tzu | Triumph - 2y/o shih tzu mix | Lily - 3y/o shih tzu | Emmy - 2y/o chihuahua mix | Audubon - 8y/o pointer mix
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy317 View Post
Hahaha thats so weird, we were both JUST talking about joining being non-canucks and all lol. Good to see you here too! I feel like I'm stalking you lol. First the doxie forum, now here.
I know!! But I'm so happy you're stalking me, yay for familiar buddies to talk to!

Mom to the rescue crew:

Sam - 2y/o terrier mix | Annie - 9y/o whippet mix | Callie - 6y/o dachshund | Caeli - 5y/o dachshund | Gracie - 9y/o dachshund
Mattie - 12y/o dachshund | Rosie - 3y/o dachshund | Gage - 1y/o dachshund | Bo - 10y/o beagle | Katie - 4y/o beagle mix
Jake - 11 y/o shih tzu | Triumph - 2y/o shih tzu mix | Lily - 3y/o shih tzu | Emmy - 2y/o chihuahua mix | Audubon - 8y/o pointer mix
Old December 18th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Senior Contributor

NOTE to our US animal-lover friends and others in the world,EVERYBODY is welcome,the only requirement you have to cherish our furry friends