Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Closed Thread

Old January 12th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Doggie Wench

Hello Beckyboo82.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyboo82 View Post
...I don't know why I'm so worried this time around,she is eating and drinking normally as well as using the bathroom normally....I prefer not to take her to the vet if it's not necessary because she is very skittish around new people and I don't want to overly stress her out at this point...any suggestions?
I'd say trust your instincts here. Is there any way your vet can do a home visit? It's more costly but I think it'd be a good idea to have your pregnant cats looked at to rule out any foreseeable problems. If it's too expensive for you, then perhaps you should take them in even though it would make them skittish. They'd be a whole lot more uncomfortable if something goes wrong during delivery. Better safe than sorry IMO. that they and their kittens will be alright.
Old January 12th, 2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Hello Beckyboo82.

I'd say trust your instincts here. Is there any way your vet can do a home visit? It's more costly but I think it'd be a good idea to have your pregnant cats looked at to rule out any foreseeable problems. If it's too expensive for you, then perhaps you should take them in even though it would make them skittish. They'd be a whole lot more uncomfortable if something goes wrong during delivery. Better safe than sorry IMO. that they and their kittens will be alright.
I think she knew I was getting worried,shortly after logging off here she let me feel her tummy and I could feel them finally...YAY!! I had an appointment for today and first thing this morning I called them and gave them the update (her milk also came in this morning) they told me that bringing her in was not necessary and to keep an eye on her and if she didn't have her kittens by monday to bring her in then.Our vet is very flexible luckily and an appointment is usually not necessary so if any problems arise I am 15 minutes away from our vet and 5 minutes away from the emergency vet.Tomorrow should be the day We have her all ready to go,she knows where her box is and she's been sleeping in it every night since we set it up for her.I'm just trying to make her as comfortable as possible.Our other pg cat we have no worries about,her babies are as active as can be and she should be having hers in a few days We are about to have a very full house! LOL
Old January 12th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Doggie Wench

The emergency vet, are they staffed with vets 24 hours? Might be a good idea to find out in case you need some immediate help.

Here's a link to a Rescue's website that offers excellent information. Please scroll down to Pregnancy and Delivery, Problems With Delivery, and Neonatal Care. Read carefully so that if anything should go wrong, you'll pick up on it immediately in order to seek help asap.

http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/howto15.html
Old January 12th, 2008, 05:48 PM

Yes they are available 24 hours thank God! And thank you so much for the link...I'm going to check it out now
Old January 12th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyboo82 View Post
And I understand that but it will never be possible for my girls to get pregnant again...I'm not going to be naive in this matter again. It came as a total surprise to all of us.And I know..."You should have known that by bringing an unfixed male into your house something was bound to happen"...but really I didn't. I knew the boys wouldn't be in my house long enough for the girls to get attached...or really I THOUGHT. After 8 months they still hated my dad's cat.When we caught the cats getting frisky we separated them completely but didn't know the damage was already done. I am not at all against spaying and neutering pets but I am saying that it's not necessary for my girls because I am not going to put them in a situation like that again where it's possible for them to get pregnant.I learned once and that's all it takes.
Sorry, but you haven't learned a thing IMO and your girls will get out when in heat and will get pregnant again. A female cat in heat will do anything to get outside, then you'll learn another lesson at the expense of your cat.
I wonder if you'll be back to seek advice again once that happens.

Cindy
Old January 12th, 2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm View Post
Sorry, but you haven't learned a thing IMO and your girls will get out when in heat and will get pregnant again. A female cat in heat will do anything to get outside, then you'll learn another lesson at the expense of your cat.
I wonder if you'll be back to seek advice again once that happens.

Cindy
my girls do not get outside...they do not TRY to get outside...they stay away from the door when it opens.I know how they are when they are in heat and just because you have possibly had cats who have gotten out when they were in heat does NOT mean all cats are like that.Maybe you have had experiences with cats who were born or raised and spent a majority of their time outside or maybe you are one of those people who lets their cats outside to roam on their own putting them at risk of being attacked by a larger animal or hit by a car?That is NOT an opinion it's a fact...every cat is different or maybe my girls are just strange for never having been outside to play or do God knows what.Maybe they are so horribly weird because they feel more comfortable inside where their family is and where it's cozy and warm rather than outside in the big open and scary world? I don't find it the least bit strange.

Last edited by Blathach; January 12th, 2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Rudeness will not be tolerated
Old January 12th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Nice, going to make a lot of friends with name calling.
Don't worry, I'll never look at another post of yours. You're not worth the agro.

Last edited by Blathach; January 12th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old January 12th, 2008, 06:13 PM

Rudeness will not be tolerated.

This thread has run its course and will now be closed.
Closed Thread