Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old February 20th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Senior Contributor

How about a story instead....

So how about a story of a police dog. It would sound better if I said I read it but I didn't. As I mentioned I ocassionaly watch RealTV. Still it is an example of how far a dog will go to protect it's partner. A drug dog (without body armour) and an officer went out to serach a location and they arrived ahead of the other units - that's a screw up. The suspect was there and disarmed the officer who ended up on the ground in front of the car video. The sniffer dog although not trained to attack did and he was pistol whipped. He got back up and went for the guy again as the guy tried to fire some shots- the gun jammed or otherwise didn't go off. He pushed the dog off again. While this was happening the tape which didn't catch the out of sight video did catch the cries and yelps of the dog trying to do what it didn't hadn't been trained to do - he was really taking a beating.

As the guy worked on clearing the gun and beating off the dog the cop managed to pull a back up weapon (American police often do this I don't know if Canadians do or are even allowed) and shot the guy.

All in all it was hard to watch (or hear) as this poor dog was doing something he had no idea how to do but he may of bought enough time to save that cop. I think everyone survived.
Old February 21st, 2005, 09:22 AM
Senior Contributor

It's not a matter of disagreeing.Facts are facts.Mona also said police forces do not use rescues as K9s,she's also wrong there.Some do.Most established Ontario forces use imports from NY.Those with less money will consider an Ontario breeder or shelter.I don't know how more clear I can make that.Forces in the US also use rescues sometimes as I have posted.It's a fact.Clearly she was misinformed and should just move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twodogsandacat
IIsn’t there room on this subject to disagree? How many forces are there and how many different jobs for dogs are there?
Old February 21st, 2005, 10:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL1
Clearly she was misinformed and should just move on.
I was misinformed?And how do you figure that out?????..So your telling me that the info that I get from my brother,who has been on the K9 for 24 years,has worked on 3 different forces,deals with the dogs is misinforming me????..And the past force and the one I am on is also misinforming me?????Ummmm I think not... ...If any one should move on it should be you.

Once again,they have their dogs imported straight from Europe.NOT NY.

This goes for all GSD breeders.

http://www.narniakennels.com/#Import...ce%20Available

http://www.bullingershepherds.com/mystart.htm

Oh,and also Dobes.

Sorry but had to throw this one in.

http://www.monaco.on.ca/
Old February 21st, 2005, 11:09 PM

Hey Mona, got a chip on your shoulder or something????

Reading these posts, and others here, it seems you do, against LL1..too bad really, since LL1 is one of the most knowledgeable, compassionate person in rescue i know..this person never lies, runs an ethical rescue, and has their heart in the right place. LL1 has always helped this board and people on it with advice and links to other rescues to people who need them..too bad you have the need to always feel the need to be "right" rather than actually listen and learn, it might do you some good.
Old February 21st, 2005, 11:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurby
Hey Mona, got a chip on your shoulder or something????

Reading these posts, and others here, it seems you do, against LL1..too bad really, since LL1 is one of the most knowledgeable, compassionate person in rescue i know..this person never lies, runs an ethical rescue, and has their heart in the right place. LL1 has always helped this board and people on it with advice and links to other rescues to people who need them..too bad you have the need to always feel the need to be "right" rather than actually listen and learn, it might do you some good.
WTF?????

I have no chip on my shoulder.

I have listened and learned on here.Ask the regulars on here.

Don't come on here flapping your gums at me.

So what,she had to get her back up on here or what?????

She has had it out with me from the start.And many others also.So please crawl back under your rock.
Old February 21st, 2005, 11:35 PM

Nice response.

I am no "back up" just stating what i see, and what i know, thats all. LL1 certainly doesn't need any back up from me!

I can see from your response that you are quite defensive about this. I wonder why? They have it out for you?? rather paranoid are we??

And why are you telling me to go crawl back under my rock..LOL?? Is there something wrong with me posting on this board? I may not be a regular here, but that doesn't mean i cannot comment on these forums.

Ya know, it's OK to be wrong, we all are at times
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:05 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Who started all this fighting and left really quickly ????
Bigdoglover has created quite a stir in alot of threads, then just disappeared!!
so please . because this is exactly the response Bigdoglover was looking for.

Please lets just agree to disagree

Just remember we all have one very important thing in common, "the love of animals"!! and thats all that really matters here

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:21 AM
Senior Contributor

Yes you're misinfomed - RE-READ WHAT I SAID.You're being deliberately obtuse.I never said they do not use Ontario dogs on any occasion.They do on occasion,like I said they do.You said they never use rescues.YOU'RE WRONG.Accept it and get over it.You have a real probleml with accepting when you are wrong.I also don't know why nasty insults and bad language are ok for you but are not ok for this board.I hope a mod or admin can explain that to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL1

Mona also said police forces do not use rescues as K9s,she's also wrong there.Some do. Both in the US and Canada.

Most established Ontario forces use imports from NY.Those with less money will consider an Ontario breeder or shelter.I don't know how more clear I can make that.Forces in the US also use rescues sometimes as I have posted.It's a fact.Clearly she was misinformed and should just move on.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Just remember we all have one very important thing in common, "the love of animals"!! and thats all that really matters here
Thanks for the reminder Happycats. I agree and think this should end before it deteriorates further.
Closed Thread