Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old October 17th, 2010, 11:06 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Demi (aka Sleeves)

It is with a heart that is shattered and tears streaming I have to announce the passing of sweet little Demi this morning around 10:20. I took all six of Naddy's babies to TO to be s/n this morning. I will only be bringing back five. Demi's little heart did not survive the anesthetic. She was only six months old.
I am so so sorry I failed you Demi. Find Bandit and run free my sweet baby. Find Brownie and Li'l Momma for snuggles. Find your wings.
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; October 17th, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:24 AM

sorry

what a pretty kittyDemi (aka Sleeves)
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:42 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Oh G i am so terribly sorry to hear this..You didn't fail her, you gave her a loving home for her short little life..Something she wouldn't have known without you. God just had a different plan for her...
Demi/Sleeves..
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Oh no!!!

I'm so sorry - I'm crying as I type this. I know exactly how you feel as I had this happen once before to a kitten I had years ago.

Poor sweet baby - what a beautiful kitty. Run free
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

14+ I am so sorry that this had to happen to you!

We are here for you!

Fly free sweet one! Run free to the bridge!

Demi
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Senior Contributor

So sorry 14+!!!! How tragic. Demi

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Ohhhh 14+, I am soooooo very sorry for your loss.

You did NOT fail her. You cared for her and she knew it.

Little Demi
Old October 17th, 2010, 01:03 PM
-

Oh no .....I am so very sorry.

I agree with aslan .....you did not fail her, you gave her the best home for the time she was here. You were her angel here on earth and now she is playing with the other angels over the bridge.

Sweet Demi
Old October 17th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Senior Contributor

14+, I am so sorry for this great loss. You cared for her and loved her do not feel any guilt for that. patti
Old October 17th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Live well, laugh often

I'm so sorry 14+ .

She was so lucky so have had your love in her short life. Never feel you have failed her .

Demi .
Old October 17th, 2010, 02:04 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm so sorry, 14+

Demi

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 17th, 2010, 02:04 PM
~Cat Servent~

Oh Gerri I am so truly sorry... she was a darling! I feel very blessed to have got to meet her while she was here. Run free little angel, we'll see you at the bridge!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 17th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Ohhh... 14+, I'm so sorry
I agree completely with everyone above. You were her here on earth. You have NO reason to feel guilty. You took her in, loved her and gave her a wonderful life for the time she was here
Stay strong

sweet little Demi

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old October 17th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OMG, I am so sorry 14+, there is no way to predict how an animal, including humans will take anesthetic. YOU DID NOT FAIL THIS KITTY! You were there for this cat as you are for so many .

Demi

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Half Way To Crazy

I'm so sorry 14+
you did not fail her, get that thought right out of your mind.

Demi
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Senior Contributor

oh no mf,i am so sorry,i am writing through the tears
i too got to meet little demi,both while transporting her and in your kittyparadize.
demi was a happy little girl,staying with her mom and siblings while being lovingly cared for by you,nobody could have known this was going to happen.
i know no matter what people say,we blame ourselves,when things go wrong,but i know you never failed little demi,never in a million years
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:34 PM
You can call me DOG!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss 14+.

May your little angel fly free to the bridge and meet up with Bandit, Brownie and Li'l Momma.

Sweet Demi (aka Sleeves)

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh no 14+ I'm so sorry to hear this! You did not fail her. You are the best things these kitties have. sometimes there are just other plans for the little ones in our care. many to you.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Senior Contributor

Gerri, you know in your heart that you did not fail Demi. Beyond our control God had other plans for this sweet girl. You gave her love, nurture and a home that any kitty would be blessed to have. She had her mom and her siblings with her her whole life. You gave her the best of medical care and food and shelter and boundless love. She will wait for you at the bridge with the others knowing that you, above all others (and there were many others here who loved her and her mommy to get to your sweet haven), loved her like nobody else. She may not have had a long life on this planet, but she had the very best life while in your care. You can be proud of what you gave her Gerri. Please don't ever feel you let her down, you did your best for her and she knows it. I wish I was there to give you a big hug and comfort you at this terrible time. sweet Demi, both of your mommies loved you.
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Senior Contributor

You certainly did not fail her dear friend, infact you saved her. I am not sure why those with the warmest of hearts is burdeoned with the despair and anguish. You are the best thing that ever happened to her, and you my friend gave her life meaning.

We grieve with you, and we support you.

Love you lots 14+K. Strength to you.

Little Demi, you were loved by the biggest of hearts, and forever will be. Run free little one.
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:30 PM

I am so sorry little Demi, you are a most wonderful soul who does so much and above and beyond for all these kitties, you most certainly did not fail her... as someone stated earlier... God just had a different plan for Demi she is an angel now
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:07 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Oh No Was not expecting this...so so sad. It goes without saying that the day Demi make the "hike" to your place was Heavensent. If not for so many kind loving souls she was saved from certain death...if she had been born at all. She knew love caring affection from her feline family and from you. That is already so much more than most.

The only human who failed her was the one who tossed Naddy out in the first place Those fools are of course never around to feel the guilt and the anguish that you are being put through now.

She was just beautiful and she is now being greeted with the far too many souls we have lost on this board recently.

I am so so sorry for you and send you and 14+

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!

Last edited by diandpat; October 18th, 2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Senior Contributor

MF, you gave her the best 6 months she could have asked for. Without you, she would have not made it. She would have been on the streets of Montreal trying to fend for herself.

YOU DID NOT FAIL her!!!!!!! No One could have known how she would react to the anesthetic. You could not have known!!!

You have done more for this family than anyone combined.

Demi. You were an angel
Old October 19th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Senior Contributor

14 I am so sorry, you did nothing wrong you did what we all do, care for and love our pets but you do it like no other

Demi
Old October 19th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

14+ I am so sorry for your loss

I also agree with everyone, you did not fail her. You MF gave her the best chance at life, like you do all your precious kitties.

beautiful Demi

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old October 19th, 2010, 08:24 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thank you everyone for your wonderful support. Both members still posting on Pets and the ones who no longer post but emailed me. I truly appreciate your thoughts. I have a hole in my heart where my lost babies live. With time it heals over and fills with many wonderful memories. Then it gets ripped open again. This one is going to take some time. Demi was so young and this was so totally unexpected.
I will answer the PMs I have later on if I may. Again, thank you all.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM

My dearest Earth Angel, YOU DID NOT FAIL DEAR DEMI! Without your wonderful, huge heart, Demi would not have known love, comfort, happiness and true heartfelt love, she would most likely have passed a horrible, lonely, homeless live. But you saved her from that. YOU treated her as your own child, and I know, as do you, deep in your heart, you made her life loving for her short time.

I'm so very, very sorry to hear of your loss of your wonderful furbaby. Please, try to take comfort in the fact, you gave her the best life and love possible while she was with us. Unfortunately, those who love these wonderful gifts from God, who bring the most joy to our animals, are also those who hurt the most when it's time for them to run freely with others that have passed.

As I've told you, I have a candle next to my computer, which is kept only for such losses, I used it when Shannon passed. I am lighting it now for Demi, and will also say a prayer for you to find the happy memories of Demi soon. You are an angel on Earth my dear friend, and now you share your angel wings with Demi. Demi, will forever be with you in your heart, and please, believe, not only did you not fail Demi, but gave that wonderful kittly a life she'd never known without you. I believe, the plan was in place, and through His wisdom, he made it possible for Demi to enjoy being truly loved and cared for by His Earth Angel. Blessings 14+, I'm lighting my candle now, and thinking of my 2 Angels.

Last edited by shannon1233A; October 21st, 2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old October 21st, 2010, 09:48 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thank you Shannon for your thoughtfulness. It is very much appreciated. I miss Demi. Every time I see the other kittens I count little ones. I forget there isn't six anymore.

Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:05 AM

sweet Demi She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge with those who've gone before

She was needed elsewhere

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 31st, 2010, 01:46 PM
Senior Contributor

14+, I'm so sorry to read Demi did not make it though her operation. What a beautiful little angel she was. I don't for one second believe you failed her, and neither should you.

You gave her love, and for a short time she knew what it was to be loved.

Demi
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/