Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old December 5th, 2004, 12:08 AM

Thanks Foster. I also just joined the site you recommended.
On your list you forgot to add Smithville, Waifleet, Lincoln.... We have a HUGE problem in this area with Mills..... but I'm not exactly sure what to do. Maybe when chat is up and running you and I could talk?
Thanks for the post
Old December 5th, 2004, 01:28 AM

Just a comment

I won`t comment on the "pet store puppies" issue any further than to say that while in Edmonton AB this fall we went into a large pet shop in the West Edmonton Mall. The price for "purebred" crosses was insane and when I asked the employee if there were registration papers for these "purebred" mixed breed puppies he simply said "I`m sure there are just not here in the store".
I do agree with you Dee, about the adoption issue and not buying from breeders............. to a point. I researched the breed I wanted and read all I could( still learning about my dogue every day I will add) and I waited for almost 25 years to get my Dogue De Bordeaux. I had a long wait and had a very tough screening to pass before I could purchase my dog from the breeder.
I don`t have any regrets with purchasing my dog from the breeder instead of rescuing a shelter dog............ but I know that is just my opinion.

I am not saying that anyone on here is wrong........... I just knew exactly what I wanted and did my homework and paid a substantial amount of money to have the particular breed I had waited so long for.

I am still in contact with the breeder and send pictures and updates on a very regular basis regarding Angel.

I think it is all a matter of choice. ( I did work with a Rottweiller Rescue group in Southern Alberta when I lived there, and I have rescued dogs in the past............. Angel was just "special" )
Closed Thread