Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old January 6th, 2010, 09:55 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

My Name Is Cat

My Name Is Cat

For years I was honoured, loved and cherished. People who hurt me or killed me were put to death themselves. I was treated with dignity and respect. I was in heaven.

Then I was thrown out to fend for myself. I have been allowed to procreate and multiply to the point where I am no longer a pet, honoured, loved and cherished. Now I am a pest. To be cast aside and mistreated. I am an object to be kept for catching mice. I don’t get fed unless I do. If I am in the way I am moved aside, sometimes painfully by a foot.

I don’t play ball. I don’t catch Frisbees. I don’t run by your side. I don’t come to greet you when you come home. I don’t pant with excitement or jump all over you because I am glad to see you. I am glad to see you. Truly I am.

Now I am a pest. I am cast aside. Oh, not by all. Some still do treat me as I should be. Some try very hard to give me the life I deserve. Some will bring in as many of ones like me as they can to try to help. Some work till they are exhausted to help find me find a home. A home where I will be treated with the love and respect I deserve.

If you see me sitting on a stoop don’t think that is necessarily my home. I may be just resting there from a hard night of trying to find enough food to fill my belly. I have endless litters to feed. I don’t want to feed them any more. I am tired and worn out. If you see my lifeless body on the road a week later please give me some dignity by digging a small hole and burying me. That is all I ask. That my body not be eaten by predators.

I will keep hoping for someone to come along. I will keep hoping for a home to call my own. I will give you all the love you want – on my terms. I will cuddle with you, purring all the while. I will keep you warm on a cold night. I will relieve your stress. I will do this because my name is Cat.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; January 6th, 2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: grammar
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

So well written.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Senior Contributor

Ah Geezzzzzz:sad:

Thank you so much for the reminder 14+K! BTW - just to let you know, I have been putting more effort personally on saving more cats from shelters. 2 weeks ago, I was able to get 5 kittens and 5 older cats to be PTS and found them another no kill shelter to help, and even my vet pitched in and kept some for adoption. It was very difficult to pick only 10 out of 31 to be euthanized. I left depleated, but also felt pretty good that 10 were saved.

I have always been more of a cat person really. My problem is finding rescues or adoptive families sadly. I have made it my personal mission this year to make more of an effort to help them.

Thank you 14+K for being their savour. You are one in a million and my personal hero. I mean that.
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:05 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Very poignant, 14+

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:03 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Ah Geezzzzzz:sad:

Thank you so much for the reminder 14+K! BTW - just to let you know, I have been putting more effort personally on saving more cats from shelters. 2 weeks ago, I was able to get 5 kittens and 5 older cats to be PTS and found them another no kill shelter to help, and even my vet pitched in and kept some for adoption. It was very difficult to pick only 10 out of 31 to be euthanized. I left depleated, but also felt pretty good that 10 were saved.

I have always been more of a cat person really. My problem is finding rescues or adoptive families sadly. I have made it my personal mission this year to make more of an effort to help them.

Thank you 14+K for being their savour. You are one in a million and my personal hero. I mean that.
Thank you BenMax. I think you are pretty special yourself. Thank you for moving the cats from the kill to no kill shelter and to your vet.
We can do it one cat at a time if we all work together.
I know your problem with finding spaces for them. That's why I have so many.
I love your mission. It's been mine for a while.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 6th, 2010, 08:17 PM

Lovely 14+ what a nice tribute and something that should be posted in all HS and rescues.
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:38 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks dgb10. I appreciate that.

Old January 8th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Location: small, decrepit-but improving!-farm in Southern Ontario
Thumbs up

'ATTA goil', 14+++, you and your Catuary rock...and you walk the walk (talk the talk, and WRITE the write-thx for the above words), and so much more. With my tiny tribe of 7, I'm such an ama-teur; the South Peninsula kitties are lucky you're around (although I do hope you can at least 'break even' for a bit!!??). You is my local hero , so y'all take care a' you.