Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 18th, 2008, 06:32 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I need a good air purifier or...........

..... I have 2 stepsons to give away....cheap.

I am getting really tired of listening to the complaining about the cat hair on clothes. I vaccuum twice a day, sweep/swiffer as often, wet mop when I can, do whatever I can to get rid of hair. All I hear is how upset the oldest one is over the hair on his clothes. The youngest isn't as bad but he has allergies and complains to his dad about that. I asked the 18 year old if he noticed there were 2 less cats in the house tonight and his reply was "No, I don't see cats. I just see the hair from them." Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
HELP!!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

lol, sooo move the cats into the house and put the boys out in the cat shelter....
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:47 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Mmmmm yesss, but hubby wouldn't agree to that.
I want to keep one of the cats in the house. She has become a real housecat. Doesn't try to get out or anything.
The shed is actually about the size of the youngest one's bedroom but I don't think it's big enough for both of them. They can't get along in the house let alone in there!
I need to get some opinions on different purifiers. I am not even sure if they would work.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

now i'm interested too, if it works it would be wonderful for my asthma and allergies to the pets.
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I have a Honeywell HEPA air purifier similar to this one that works awesome (I have asthma). I wouldn't say that it does much for the cat hair though. Still gotta vacuum, darn it! But it's great at getting dust and odors and allergens out of the air.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Why not get them one of those rollers that has sticky stuff on it that gets the hair off

I vacuum too, but I can't vacuum my clothes, since I don't have one of those attachment vacuums, so that roller helps get some of the hair off.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Senior Contributor

My mother sends me those lint rollers, a dozen at a time (costco), I use them every day. Also, if your steps kept their clothes in the closet (although I have never heard of the male species being so inclined), the problem would be greatly reduced. To their chagrin, my cats are not allowed in the closets, ever since I discovered that cat hair can travel vertically as well as horizontally.
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:12 PM
150% PRO S/N

You mean the floor is not the place for clothes?
You can't walk on their floors without walking on clothes. Their doors are kept closed, period. The problem is I do the laundry and fold it and put it on the dryer. The dryer is in the kitchen and when the kitties start playing the fur goes flying. Of course it lands on the clothes. I have started to open their doors and inserting clothes gingerly but quickly inside so the clothes people don't get me. Or, the other senario..... my stepson's mother gave him one of those stupid sweaters that attract everything to it, not just cat hair. He put it on the back of the chair and left it. The next morning he complained cause there was hair on it. DUH!
And the masking tape rollers (lint rollers)..... did you want me to send you some? Cause the only one who knows how to use them in this house is me. It is much easier to complain about something than to do something about it, don't you know.
I love the little buggers. Just need to not be so sensitive to the complaints I guess.
I am going to look into getting one of those Honeywells. Thank you Sugarcatmom. At least it may help one of them.

Old April 19th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Getting defensive

Put the complainers on the case - get them to research the different purifiers out there, effectiveness, cost, etc.

Pugsley Bo
Butterscotch
Burbel Grey
Old April 19th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Senior Contributor

I find sweat-shirts just pulls hair off the floor magically,like a magnet,especially dark ones.and Vinnies hair more than anyones..
I use the sticky rollers too and dry-swiffer every day.
I had 3 boys(human) in my house,they all learned to put their clothes away,but they really did not care that much about a few hairs,jus part of life in the Chico household
I have an airpurifier too,but most of the time it just annoys me..got it for X-Mas from a friend with 5 cats and airpurifiers in every room