Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old March 21st, 2009, 11:13 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Awww chico! I was afraid yesterday when you weren't on that you were sick. I am so sorry. I hope it gets over quickly. You are right. Losing weight that way isn't good. And you don't need to lose any. Feel better real soon please.

All the stress of the stray kitties probably didn't help any either. Your defences were probably worn down worrying about them.
Old March 21st, 2009, 02:44 PM
-

I just read this entire thread now and big hugs to you, Chico for capturing the grey/white kitty and getting him the care he needs.

I hope you are feeling better today.

And good luck with capturing the black/white kitty.
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Rainbow,thank's,I feel a bit better,but feel as weak as a dishrag,any food just makes my tummy turn.
I've been sleeping a lot and living on Ginger Ale,but I'll get over this.

The HS girl also told me,the stray kitty had been very tired and slept most of the first day,I hope that's good news and does not mean he's sick
If he is,he is in a good place,better than outside these cold nights.

I have a feeling he's a she,that's why the b/w cat stuck around the trap and also why they have been fighting,but I could be wrong.
The b/w cat does not seem as scared as the g/w one,but he looks a mess.
Probably because he's been trying and succeeding to survive a very cold winter,I just don't know how they do???
Old March 21st, 2009, 04:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Aww, kitty slept cause s/he knew s/he was safe. At least we hope that's why.
The two cats fighting could mean that kitty is a girl or could also mean they are two dominant males. It's also probable that they have a past history both being on the streets. I feel so good that you managed to catch the one. The next one will get caught soon!!
Old March 21st, 2009, 08:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I hope you're feeling better soon, chico!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 21st, 2009, 09:39 PM

Feel better soon Chico

for nabbing the b/w kitty

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:01 AM
Senior Contributor

same as other long threads been reading and didn't have much time to post

so glad you caught the other one i agree he's/she's safer at the shelter and will be taken care of. i always feel guilty when i see cats outside and i think i should take care of them but then i don't usually see them again because i live on such a busy street most of them tend to stay away from it which is good.

hope you feel better soon!

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:16 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so sorry you were so sick, chico . I hope you get back to your old self soon.

I was thinking the same as 14+, Mr/s Grey/White kitty was finally feeling safe enough to get some sleep. It is not a good world outside for animals, they can never let their guard down.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank's everyone,now hubby is sick too
He's been sooo good,really looked after me,now,although I feel really weak,I have to do the same for him..

I had another e-mai from"my" HS-girl,she says the kitty is still settling down,don't know if that's good or bad

I went to see Fates owners,because a lady who loves Fate,she's seen me give Fate treats,asked if I thought they would let her try to walk her,leashtrain her.
Little did I know they'd all been sick

Hopefully I'll be able to get that trap out today,so far I feel a little better,been living on red Jello
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

It is such a huge transition for the kitty to go from outside to a HS. There are many kitty smells there, but once he/she knows that it is safe and will have a full belly he/she will be fine.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank's L4H,I don't know that much about stray cats or how long it takes for them to adjust.
I'd like to go and see him and I probably will,it's just sooo heartbreaking seeing all these beautiful kitties needing homes:sad:
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Chico I am so glad you caught the stray, lucky kitty to be hanging around your place It took Rupert a few days to adjust to indoor living but once he did there was no going back for him.

Hope you and hubby get well soon
Old March 23rd, 2009, 07:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Take care of yourself, Chico. There's been a bug going around here that keeps coming back. You can't keep helping kitties if you don't keep yourself well.
Old March 23rd, 2009, 08:10 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I hope you and hubby are feeling better, chico!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
-

Just sending some Get Well wishes to you and your hubby, Chico.
Old March 24th, 2009, 07:25 AM
150% PRO S/N

Hey chico, how are things going on your end? Any news on the g/w kitty?
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank's girls,I am feeling better,but now I have a coldI can deal with a cold though..
Hubby still sick
I heard from HS,she says they have been very busy,but the kitty is fine,relaxing.
She has not really had time to check on him/her too much,but at least I know he's safe and warm
I put the trap out yesterday,had to take it in at 9pm,saw a couple of smallish Raccoons in the backyard,OMG they are cute,but I don't want to trap them again.
I wish I could trap and take the idiot neighbors girl-kitties so they did not need to get preggers again.
How soon after birthing can cats get pregnant again????
I have not seen the older b/w kitty,but I am sure he's around:sad:
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:48 AM
-

Thanks for the update Chico, like you said kitty is being looked after and the girls will be run off their feet. When I used to volunteer in Cat Rehab, it is non stop all day, if it weren't for volunteers there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done.

As far as I know, females can become pregnant again even before they have finished weaning their babies, if the neighbours do not get their girls spayed and carry on letting them roam, expect at least one more litter this year
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Chris,it just breaks my heart,I've only seen the 2 females,one beautiful long-haired white little girl and the other a longhaired Tortie also small,the third cat is supposed to be older.
Since they are in the business of selling kittensI don't know what is going to happen,I just know there should be a law to prevent this.
I know the landlord very well,can't wait to tell him what's going on in his house,he definetly does not want 13 kittens and 3 cats in there.
It's a catch 22 situation,I don't want anything bad to happen to the kitties.
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:22 AM
-

Chico I know how sad it makes you feel, but honestly you can't beat yourself up, it is a neverending cycle, IMO it will never end, all we can try to do is reduce the problem.

I really don't understand these people, just how much money can one really make from selling kittens, in season you can drive around and "Free Kittens" signs are a dime a dozen :sad:

It's plain and simple Chico, your neighbours just do not care about the overpopulation, they are no different than the majority of the population
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:18 AM
150% PRO S/N

I am so sorry you have a cold and hubby is still sick. Feel better soon.
Cats can get pregnant a few weeks after having a litter. In warmer climates they can have three litters a year. Your neighbours are losers. They will be dead before long on that street. I can't see them staying on their property.
Doesn't your city have a pet limit? It probably does not apply to kittens but I am wondering if someone from the HS can do a check or something. But then they would probably think you turned them in. You are in a lose/lose situation with them. I hate that for you.
Old March 24th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

Get Better Chico!! its no fun being sick! chicken soup!!!
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:18 AM
-

Remember the other day Chico, how you said that in a way you felt that you had betrayed the kitty you trapped by taking away s/he's freedom?

Yesterday morning after I logged off, I was upstairs in Ethel's room and looked through the window, just a bit south of one of our driveways there lay a beautiful Tabby Cat, been hit in the head by a car :sad:....I don't know who this poor kitty belonged to, but I went and wrapped s/he in a little blankie and bagged her/him and Ethel took the body to the shelter this morning to be cremated with the other animals they have there :sad:

So Chico, rest assured you did the only right thing
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Chico2 - I know how you feel. I have been guilt ridden on one of my trappings of ferals.

Last summer I found a very skinny mommy and her baby at a garage dealership. It was so hot and I knew that they were starving. I got a cage and within 10 minutes I trapped both. I brought them to my vet and had every work-up possible done. The baby was fine and put up for adoption but the momma was FIV positive as well as leukemia. She was PTS and I felt horrible.

This winter was brutal - and I know in my heart that neither would have survived and probably would have either been hit by cars or worse - starved and froze to death. So in my head I used this to balance my guilt.

Rest assured you did do the right thing. It is far better than looking the other way in my opinion.
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Awwww Chris,that poor Tabbylittle lost soul.
I know you are right,I feel good about it now,much better than the feeling I had seeing him run away from me out in to the street,he'll be ok
After I took the trap in last night I left the food and was checking in the window to hopefully find out if the b/w kitty was eating it.
A female Raccoon was having a good meal,until a little fat Possum came along and scared her away and the Possum ate it all,wish I could have gotten it on video..I did not think a Raccoon would be afraid of a Possum
They are both really cute,we actually think the Possum lives under our front-deck,if she does,she can stay to have her babies there
I always check the street for the b/w cat,I've seen him around in the day-time,it would be great if he would go in the trap,but maybe he's too smart
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Senior Contributor

BenMax,don't worry,I never look the other way,no matter what,whether it's about animals or people,I am a busybody,sometimes looking for trouble(that's what hubby says!)..
At least your momma kitty left peacefully and her baby was saved
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Senior Contributor

[QUOTE=chico2;761304]BenMax,don't worry,I never look the other way,no matter what,whether it's about animals or people,I am a busybody,sometimes looking for trouble(that's what hubby says!)..
QUOTE]

And that is why I like you so much Chico2. You are good people!
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Well,I got some news from HS in an e-mail,apparently the g/w kitty has a home and had been missing,so now he's back home.
It's hard to believe,since he was around here the whole freezing cold winter and was matted and dirty,but maybe he'd been missing several months.
If it were my cat,I would ask who trapped him and send at least a"Thank You card"not that I need a card,but I would be soooo happy to get my cat back.
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:36 PM
150% PRO S/N

That's weird. Hopefully kitty was an escapee and not just let out to fend for himself. It's great he had a home I guess. Let's hope he doesn't show up again. If he does you know they are letting him out. Not good. for him. He was definitely a he? That's great!!! Was he fixed?
And yes, a small thank you for the person who saved him would be good. Maybe they just haven't gotten around to it yet. Or maybe they thought the HS trapped him? At any rate chico, you are an for helping him! We all know that and for it!
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Yep, you did good, chico!!!

it was just a fluke that he escaped. If he shows up again...um....maybe g/w kitty needs to disappear to a good home....