Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old June 19th, 2006, 08:03 AM

Talking My Black Lab Has Been Found!!! Alive!!!

Thank you to all who responded to my plea. My 12 year old black lab (named Cashew) was found on Saturday (after missing 3 days). A lovely lady saw him wandering the streets and thought it was her neighbour's dog. So she approached him and then realized this was an elderly dog (her neighbour's dog is only 2 years old). He didn't have his collar on anymore. She put a leash around his neck and let him lead her. He led her to an apartment building. She rang the doorbell and a lady answered. She said: "Oh yeah, I took him in for 3 days, but I let him back out today". She couldn't believe her ears (and neither can I!)... She went to the SPCA (but wouldn't bring Cashew in because she was afraid they would keep him and then euthanize him) and asked for the owner's name and phone number. She then called and returned him to our house! This lady is an angel sent from heaven (she has 3 dogs of her own, so she knows...). Cashew just walked in, as if nothing had happened, had a few doggie cookies and went to sleep. Needless to say we were all shocked. I just wish people would realize that when they find a pet, they shouldn't keep it! They need to contact the local SPCA, put up posters, ask around. He was only 1-1/2 blocks away from home!!! He was actually on his way back home when the second lady found him. Needless to say that now the fence has been secured (there was about a 4 inch gap on the side of the fence and he managed to squeeze himself through there...). I'm glad we had a HAPPY ending.
Old June 19th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Senior Contributor

I am so happy for you...glad all ended on a good note. I can't figure people out either. Why bring in a dog for 3 days just to let him out again??? Why not ask around???
Old June 19th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Honest Contributor

wow THAT was cashew's guardian angel working overtime! i mean WTF, when you find a dog that obviously is not a stray and belongs to a loving family, you don't just bring it in and keep it!!

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old June 19th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

What a happy ending! Im so happy for you and Cashew that you both were reunited!

I also dont understand why you would keep a dog for 3 days then just turn him back out to wander the streets! Some people!

I "found" a dog tied to the gate across the road from my house last year ( obvious someone 'found her a home') none the less I drove around to all the tourist camps and farms within a 10 mile radius of me, called the spca and local shelters. Even though the dog was clearly 'droped off' i just had to be sure!
Old June 19th, 2006, 01:39 PM

Yey! I'm so glad he's home safe.
Old June 19th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Senior Contributor

What a nice lady. Hopefully the other lady doesn't ever find another lost pet.

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??