Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 18th, 2006, 03:51 PM

Thanks Frenchy.

Cpietra, there's a huge difference between having two adorable puppies in your home and looking at pics and hearing stories about them. It's the day to day stuff that I lost. I know that while they were here, they had fun and they came out of their shells and I'm glad we were able to let them do that. But it doesn't change the fact that they're not here anymore. Three weeks (nearly) is a long time.

A guy came to our park last year with a husky and then a dane a month later. He said he had traded the husky for the dane because he didn't like it. I don't know how cold and heartless you have to be to not fall in love with a dog after having it a month.

I just hope Kerry and Doolin are doing ok.
Old February 18th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Aww Prin:sad: I am sure they'll be fine,ZZ and Lou obviously love their dogs and they will adore these little cuties.
Kerry and Doolin will be a little confused at first,but will soon love and adjust to their new home.
You know,I am sorry for all those people who could never love an animal(I know a couple!),they miss out on soo much I LOVE my cats and it's love in the truest form,I would never,ever for as long as I am alive let any harm come to them.
The only thing I regret greatly,not being able to help others out there,like Catsnatchers outdoor cats,the way you did and many others on this Forum.
I don't remember reading about Kerry an Doolin,where they came from,something tragic,I'm sure.
Old February 18th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Kitty Consort

Prin!
aww,this is so emotional a time.
Such sweet pics, these last few... bring a lump to the throat.

ok, a blatant cliche' - when one door closes,another opens..
But how true this is in this case.

For Kerry and Doolin, a wonderful new loving home.
And for you, maybe later, other fosters to nurture and help along.

The special qualites required for this, so much caring love and kindness to share, are evident in your home
Old February 18th, 2006, 05:32 PM

Thanks, Chico and Shamrock. It's a really emotional time. Emotional enough that my man bought me roses... :love: I know it doesn't help as much, but I think I'd rather give a pet a forever home than foster again. Dogs have always been there for me, and giving one away, even if it was meant to be, is such a hard thing. I'm not good with separation as it is, but with a doggy, it makes it that much worse.

It is sad, but I can just imagine ZZ at home with them now, just discovering how wonderful they are.

Chico, they were found in a barn at around 7 weeks, alone together. That's why it was important for them to be adopted together if it was at all possible. ZebbyZeb opened up her heart for both, and that is just wonderful. Kerry and Doolin will always have each other now. It's great.

I really hope everything is going well... They are adorable, but can be a little overwhelming in the beginning for sure. The second day, I pm'd BMD and asked her if their new family was coming yet. It takes a little getting used to.
Old February 18th, 2006, 11:02 PM
cat slave

awww poor Prin....gosh I'm trying to think of appropriate things to say but I don't know what..
giving up an animal is never easy, especially for those who get attached easily.

well perhaps now bf will let you get a new dog?? heeheee maybe he changed his mind on that
Old February 19th, 2006, 01:49 AM

LOL no... not yet... I'm trying though.
Old February 19th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
Thanks, Chico and Shamrock. It's a really emotional time. Emotional enough that my man bought me roses... :love: I know it doesn't help as much, but I think I'd rather give a pet a forever home than foster again. Dogs have always been there for me, and giving one away, even if it was meant to be, is such a hard thing. I'm not good with separation as it is, but with a doggy, it makes it that much worse.
Prin,

You didn't give these pups away.You may have physically separated from them, but you won't ever really be so far away. Every once in a while, you'll remember them and wonder about their progress, their adjustment. Like a secret guardian. Not only do these pups have wonderful new forever parents but their part of the lucky few who also have a "PLAN B" for the rest of their lives: YOU.

You knew it would be this hard but did it anyway because you knew that guaranteeing these pups a very safe and loving life was well worth the pain of physical separation.

It takes someone very strong and level headed like you to be that transition for lost pups. And unfortunately, it takes the kind of heart that could be so broken to be strong enough to foster.

And it's a pretty good bet that when the tears subside, you'll do it again. :love:
Old February 19th, 2006, 09:12 AM

I don't know. I don't remember being so sad in all my life. Seriously. I've had quite a few tragic events in my life, and I never felt this sad about any of them. But I'm so happy for them at the same time. They're 11/12 weeks old, and they're in their forever home. That's really lucky for pups.

And I'm so glad ZebbyZeb started a new thread with pics. It's a relief to see them again and see them ok. The fact that in the pics, they're not together, means they're ok. When they're not ok, they usually lie together. It's all good.

Here's the other thread: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24081
Old February 19th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Awww Prin I feel for you. Fostering can sure take its toll on the emotions. We love them like our own and parting with them can be so hard but in the end it is well worth it. I still remember every little thing that my past fosters did and I miss them like crazy, espically the way Hank would follow me every where. I cry everytime I get a new update or pic of them but its a happy cry and seeing them so happy in their forever home is what its all about.

Doolin and Kerry will always remember you, hubby Boo and Jemma
Old February 19th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Aww Prin, Don't be sad,although even I get teary-eyed,you did such a wonderful job and they are happy where they are,with great people and doggy-pals:love:
Old February 19th, 2006, 07:15 PM

It sure is a roller coater ride. Things about this situation are very happy and others are pretty sad. I'm so glad I have Jemma and Boo here to make me laugh though. Doggies rock.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 06:29 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Prin, I didn't get to see the whole thread(yet) because I'm on super slow dial up and don't get to see many pics posted because it takes so darn long and my babies need time with their Mom .
Kerry and Doo are so adorable, and I'm so sorry you are missing them so much. It's amazing how attached you can get to pets in so little time. They will always have a special place in your heart. You may have to go out and get one or two pups of your own! I'm sure you are feeling absolutely lost without them there. They bring so much joy, excitement, tension(with the cough), and maybe some havoc and you wonder how you ever lived without it! I know how you feel(even though I have never fostered) - but I know it's how I feel when I am away from my own dogs on leisurely time. You'll feel better soon , it'll just take some time. And you still have your Boo bear and Jemma!!!!!
Old February 24th, 2006, 02:58 AM

Thanks Copper's Mom. Very kind words. It's getting easier. We've gotten rid of most of the evidence that they were ever here (except for my chewed coffee table and shoelaces and all the pics) and I try not to think about them. I will have to get my own puppy eventually. One thing is certain, I'm never giving up another doggy ever again. It's so hard when you know your home is a good, safe, happy, healthy home for them to give them up to the unknown. Not that I doubt their new family. I just don't have any control over it all. Ahh well, Jemma and Boo still rock.