Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 21st, 2014, 08:42 AM

Red face How do I stop my dog from being so badly behaved?!

Hi, my dog hubert means the world to me! But he is causing so much hassle! He causes arguments between my partner and I and my dad and I. He can get very aggressive for no reason, if someone walks past the sofa he will growl and show his teeth and jump up. When people come in the house he jumps up continuously and won't leave people alone. He pees all over the house whenever I am not with him. If I pick him up he growls at me and shows his teeth. He can be so gentle and loving, it's like he has doggy bipolar haha! He is a pug zhu cross breed between a pug and a shi zhu, he is 2 years old, he doesn't leave my side either. When I'm in bed, he's next to me, when I'm in the bath he sits in the bathroom and if I shut him out he scratches at the door and cries. I just don't know how to train him!!! My boyfriend absolutely hates him. He won't go near him. But I don't like shutting him away all the time. If someone could help with some advice on training him and getting him out of these habits I would be so grateful! I can't afford a trainer really. I just need to get him out of these habits!

Tags
aggressive, behaviour problems, scenting, separation anxiety