Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old April 29th, 2011, 03:54 PM

I don't consider myself a hero...

You folks are the absolute best. To love animals as much as you do, you, everyone of you are all heroes. You have a special heart and sensitivity to these wonderful God given critters that goes beyond words. I have rescued one pug. I have also marched/protested against farm animal abuse. I am a registered nurse by profession and the Farm Sanctuary is interested in me volunteering to rescue farm animals that fall off trucks. I think I will do this plus volunteer at the local SPCA. I have loved animals ever since I was a kid, always having them follow me home. I named them all too. My Mom was in shock.
Anyway, thanks to all of the animal lovers on this site. You folks are the best!
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Senior Contributor

WOW Jackie,we certainly have a lot of heroes on this Forum,people who will drive any distance,spend their last dime to help an animal in need.
People who foster and people who take in any stray animal to save theit lives.

I personally,only love all animals very much and will help with what I can,but I am certainly no hero.
Anyways,you sound like a wonderful caring person,so WELCOME TO OUR FORUM!

OOPS,I see you are not new to our forum..but that's ok!
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:01 PM

Hero

Whoops...yes I am new to the forum. I have not introduced myself yet. Thank you for you kind comments. Animals are the best.
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:37 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I read through what you wrote. And I wondered - what do you consider a hero? I'm not so sure many of the rescuers here consider themselves heros. I think more it's just trying to do a small part to help the over population issue as much as they can. Some adopt from a shelter or a rescue. Some transport. Some foster. Every little bit helps in a way. I think what you are doing to help is amazing. Not many people could/would volunteer at a SPCA. It's not easy work. I would be lost if I were to walk through their doors. And working with the Farm Sanctuary has its' own rewards.
So as chico said - Welcome Jackie1952. You sound like a loving, caring person. Just the type of member Pets.ca needs.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old May 1st, 2011, 07:40 AM

Hero

Thank you so much 14+ Kitties. I feel very grateful to even be considered a hero. A hero to me is someone who would sacrifice their own safety and welfare to save another. I think. I'm not sure. I know everyone may have their own definition of a hero. I feel very humbled by this and thank you and everyone on this forum for being heroes as well.
I have always, ever since I was a child, have been attracted and loved animals more than anything. As a youngster, I always took strays home. It got to a point where people knew where the kid lived that loved animals and when they wanted to drop an animal off (which is just an awful thing for anyone to do) they would pull in front of our home and let the animal out of the car. I would be on the front porch and call the dog over and had the dog named before their little paws hit the front porch steps.
My love for animals continued. I would have been a vet but have a hard hard time with death. I could not put an animal down. I know sometimes in the case of suffering it is the best thing to do...I know this...I am just driven so strongly in fighting against death. Maybe that is why I am a registered nurse.
I have 2 pugs now. Both sleep with me. I take them for walks everyday...they go to the dog park for smaller breeds...I take them swimming in the summer which to them is just getting their little feet wet. If I were rich, I would have numerous animals...dogs, cats, birds, pigs, goats, you name it...if I were rich, I would take in every unwanted and abused animal and give them the best home ever. There are three groups I would donate to...if I hit the lotto big....I would take in as many unwanted and abused animals, children and the elderly. Each of these groups are innocent and vulnerable to mistreatment, That is where my heart lies. In the meantime, because I am not rich, I just do what I can. Thank you so much for being here on this forum. I love connecting with others with similar passions as I have.
Old May 1st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

A true hero does not see themselves as a hero.

IMO, almost everyone on this site is a hero or has been a hero in some way.

Now we have another hero on the site. Welcome Jackie.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Welcome to the forum jackie1952
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:28 PM

Hero

Thank you Marko and Sylvie. Very much appreciated and grateful I have found this forum. I love sharing my experiences with other animal lovers. You folks are great!