Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old March 14th, 2008, 10:03 PM

Buy canned food online?

Hi everyone! I'd like to know if there are any online stores that'll deliver canned cat food in Canada. I know of Petacular. Are there any others? I'm trying to find a good premium cat food for my 6 year old domestic shorthair, Caramelle. Depending on what I can find online, I might try to get a can or two locally, see if my cat likes it and then set up a delivery schedule. I know, I know I could just buy the food locally. It's just a lot more convenient having it delivered to my door. Thanks for the help, and let me just say what a wonderful forum this is (I've been a long time lurker, just registered today).
Old March 15th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Swift Tribe

i havent the foggiest about shipping canned food but....

HI!! and welcome finally!! kick us some pics please!!!

-ashley

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Just wanted to welcome you as well, and also commend you for feeding your kitty wet food . As for ordering canned online, I really have no idea. I know people in the U.S. who do it all the time, but as for Canada, not a clue, sorry. If I come across anything, I'll forward you the info.

One warning about buying cases: there seems to be this weird phenomenon with some cats (like mine) that as soon as you stock up on any one particular flavour, it's a guarantee that the cat will decide he doesn't like it anymore. They're experts at messin' with ya.

And ditto what Ashley said about pics - we wanna see your sweetie!

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old March 15th, 2008, 10:59 AM

hahah...request granted. This was the best pic I could find of her. I had just given her ear medication and she was a bit crabby after. Regarding the canned food, I'm sure it's been beaten to death already but there's a lot of misinformation being spread about the benefits of dry food. And not only by the internet. In my case, the animal shelter recommended I feed her wet food only "as an occasional treat"

Anyhow, I'll bump this thread up if I manage to find someplace to order from!
Old March 15th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Senior Contributor

I've ordered from Petacular and they were GREAT I bought mixed cases which was really nice cause my cats like their variety.

http://www.thecleverk9.ca is another company, though i've not ordered from them. Petacular has better pricing.

http://stores.homestead.com/wholisti...StoreFront.bok is another store I had bookmarked but for the life of me I can't figure out where they are located - somewhere in Canada i'm told.

I found the stores by going to the web page of the food I wanted to buy and then looked up where it was sold.
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:32 PM

I've been ordering online from Petacular for the last couple of months. I searched the web and found Petacular and decided it was a pretty good place. The service is excellent, I buy Wellness cans by the case for my 2 cats and I also ordered Canidea can dog food. Shipping charges are a drag ( there's nothing we can do about them!) but in my case I find that ordering online is very convenient.