Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old February 28th, 2008, 12:26 AM

The picky Cat

I have an egyptian mau that's absolutely a snob when it comes to any kind of food =(. I want to give him a nice natural treat. The guy even gets bored of tuna! . I've tried fresh salmon, fresh tuna, and fresh poultry. The only thing he really goes for is shark fin, but that's very expensive =(. Is there anything that anyone can recommend? I really want to find something my cat will really dig into =(
Edit: when I sat fresh I mean raw =P
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:33 AM

Have you tried Feelgood Treats? They are slightly seared & come in various flavours, my cat is also raw fed & loves the lamb hearts for a treat.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
Have you tried Feelgood Treats? They are slightly seared & come in various flavours, my cat is also raw fed & loves the lamb hearts for a treat.
My user name is shoredog & I just joined this forum & can't for the life of me find out how to post a comment rather than a reply.
So, I just barged in on your message here & hope that you will "tell me where to go"! (to post a comment or question on this topic, pet food). I've been clicking my heart out all over the place but can't find how to start my own comment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoredog View Post
My user name is shoredog & I just joined this forum & can't for the life of me find out how to post a comment rather than a reply.
So, I just barged in on your message here & hope that you will "tell me where to go"! (to post a comment or question on this topic, pet food). I've been clicking my heart out all over the place but can't find how to start my own comment. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Shoredog - no worries! go to http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php , select the forum you want to post to, and there should be a "Start New Thread" button on the left side of the page.
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:43 PM

I found this here - http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profile...ptian-mau.html
Maus love to eat and many owners make the common mistake of believing “food is love,” and the result is an obese cat who will troll the house looking for food of any kind. They can be very stubborn when their owner tries to diet them, resulting in a “stand-off” hunger strike. In this case, the cat almost always wins!

And this here http://www.meskhenet.co.uk/faq.htm
No. I would recommend a good dry food such as Science Plan or Royal Cannin to maintain healthy fur, bones, teeth and a good digestive system. Wet food such as Whiskers is the cat equivalent of McDonalds, and should be given on a treat basis. Cooked chicken and fish are also a good source of essential vitamins and minerals. Keeping a tub of cat grass growing on a windowsill can also beneficial. Variety is the key to a healthy cat.

Don't know if this will help you, but I thought the first one was kinda funny considering your sitch.
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Kitty pimp

gee and i thought i had a piky cat hse only likes salmon fancy feast
you might try mixing something else in a little bit at a time or making sure she is really really hungry
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Im sorry i dont have any suggestions, but could u post some pics of ure mau?? I realllly love that breed (im egyptian, hehe)
Old February 28th, 2008, 05:19 PM

>_< sorry I only have kitten pictures of him uploaded but here's what he looked like a few years back =P

I don't give whiska's =/ cause he doesn't touch that stuff. Science diet is a no go he doesn't eat it either, royal cannin is the cat food he's nibbling on, although I find most of the time he just licks the gravy off then leaves the rest to dry . He does the same with fancy feast, only licks off the gravy!

He's actually quite a lean cat. He loves my dogs chicken strip treats, though I'm not sure if that stuff is good or bad for him. (so I hid it away for now)
Old February 29th, 2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaekitty View Post
I would recommend a good dry food such as Science Plan or Royal Cannin to maintain healthy fur, bones, teeth and a good digestive system.

Please do NOT feed your cat Royal Canin of any variety wet or dry! My cat developed Kidney Failure as a direct result of eating tainted RC food & their own vets agree it was the food that caused this.

Please look at switching to Wellness, Evo, Innova, Nature's Variety, Orijen, Eagle Pack Holistic, Merricks these are all healthy holistic grain free foods with no added chemicals.

Your baby was a gorgeous baby , we would all love to see the "now" pics

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Last edited by growler~GateKeeper; February 29th, 2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old February 29th, 2008, 02:01 AM
-

I agree with Growler 150% about the cat food.

I'd also like to see more pics of your handsome boy.
Old February 29th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I second Growler's recommendations on food. Grain filled food only makes cats fat and leads to diabetes. Cats need real protein, not grain.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 29th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Senior Contributor

thanks for the pics....ure baby is beautiful!!!