Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old January 26th, 2005, 10:56 PM

Question Harness Issues....

Hey all, Thai has a harness that I think is causing some issues. He has been wearing it only for walks, 4 times a day, between 15 - 45 minutes at a time. And it has a metal ring where the straps attach in the chest area. In that spot, the fur seems to be wearing off. I can see his skin. It doesnt seem sore or tender.... I can touch it, rub it, exam it, etc with no discomfort to Thai. But I am worried about it. It looks bad, and I dont like my baby to have any problems. Am I over reacting?? Should I make a little cover for the metal ring?? Or just go buy another type of harness?? I have loosened the harness.. Its not very tight at all.. In fact, its almost too big now... I can fit my arm in there... So I dont think its too tight or rubbing.. Maybe its just with the exteme cold weather the ring is so cold its causing the problem?? I dunno. Pls help.
Thanks
Jenn and Thai
Old January 26th, 2005, 11:16 PM

You can check these harnesses out. They are more expensive but worth it. There is also another company that is almost impossible to find on-line and all that I can remember is that it starts with a "C" and the company is based somewhere in Asia. When I see my friends at the dog park this weekend I can post another reply with the name. They are great harnesses that they use for their Jack Russells, all padded.

http://www.morrco.com/steppaddogha.html
http://www.furlongspetsupply.com/pad..._harnesses.htm
Old January 30th, 2005, 11:32 AM

OK, sorry it took so long to find this out for you but I was way off. The harness I was thinking of is actually made by Puppia. They are fantastic and no rubbing on the underarms and no metal buckles in contact with your pup. The only thing is that this company specializes in small dog items but hopefully it will work out for you.
http://www.bowsawowsa.com/product_in...6c6fdd0fb9681b