Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old February 23rd, 2011, 11:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
After reading it again,I am not sure what she is trying to say and what the gifted versus less gifted kids in Halton(Oakville)has to do with cats/coyotes

L4,good try...LOL
Thank goodness chico!! I thought it was just me trying to figure out what her point was; besides the one on the top of her head! Looks like she is just trying to upset people to get more people reading her article.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
After reading it again,I am not sure what she is trying to say and what the gifted versus less gifted kids in Halton(Oakville)has to do with cats/coyotes

L4,good try...LOL
She is saying that feral cats are no better than coyotes and shouldn't be put on a higher pedestal. I think she is saying that they are not worth rescuing because they don't mix well with humans. I really think she hates cats and I really don't like this woman!!!!!

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Senior Contributor

We could all write her an e-mail or send a Letter to the Editor,te word"feral cat"to some people is akin to a wild Tiger

I just looked through 41 pictures,beautiful,amazing pics of stunning cats and scenery.
It makes me sad and furious,that anyone could even think of harming the cats
I cannot get on to FB for some reason...so I really appreciate when a link is posted.
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Senior Contributor

This is one of the saddest situations I think I have ever heard. I look at those pictures and life as they knew it changed so drastically because of one human. This 'human' has not only affected these cats, but it has dragged in so many people to help save them. It has turned so many lives upside down and that of the cats and even the coyotes. It is a domino affect and very selfish and sick on one person's part..taking lives in their own hands.
I know that I always say this, but I am truly committed in my belief. Karma is powerful. It reaches it's tentacles to those that cause pain and misery. It may not happen instantly but it will at some point in this person(s) life. It is so unfortunate that these cats are affected in the worst way - but it also has a purpose. We are not sure exactly how they fit in at this point, but something will blossom and flourish based on their innocence.
I find this thread so tragic and it really brings tears to me. I am not a baby but I am very touched by this on so many levels. The evilness of people, the compassion of others, the community coming together, the cats that are victimized...those that may find a better life, and those that may not.
I hope that things are balanced in this life. Many should be given a free pass to all that is good, and others I hope will face their demons at some point.
God Bless these cats and the humans that have so much love and compassion.
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

BenMax, what a powerful post! Love ya

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
BenMax, what a powerful post! Love ya
I have contributed absolutely nothing to this thread. I feel helpless as I am sure we all have reading what has evolved. One of our own was victimized because of this...and it is very disturbing.

This is an example of one small piece of our world that shows how cruel people are and can be. One small dot on the map but carries much impact.

I know everything happens for a reason. Easy to say, hard to process. But in the end it does carry somesort of message, or will change one person.

Someone said to me this morning (because I am feeling a little down), animals have a purpose and that is to teach us. We are no grander than they infact it is through them that our admiration grows as they are true survivors of circumstance. We are faciliators in their lives and their deaths. They are pure...something that reminds us every day on how we should treat others, whether that human or animal.
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

i'm with you BM,,i haven't posted in here but have been reading it daily along with the fb page..this bimbo that wrote the article and the other twatwaffle that posted on fb need a smack. The one idiot says the cats are no higher up than the coyote's,,,well stupid neither are humans. I grew up very near bluffer park,,it was a lovely PARK, boat launch and that was it...it was us humans that went in,,took over brought in high end house boats and turned it into a community thus bringing in wildlife to live off our waste. It was us humans that took a cat/kitten and when we got bored of it just dumped it like garbage instead of being responsible for it's wee life and now it's us humans that have lured a predator right into our own midst and then scream foul when it suddenly dawns on people that hmmmm once the cats are gone what are the coyote's going to feed on. Along with BM i do believe in karma and i seriously hope it comes back and bites these people on the .....
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Senior Contributor

BenMax,wonderfully said,you sum up this whole very sad situation in a way I wish I could,thank you
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:44 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

BenMax - I love you!
Aslan - I love you too.
Now - who is going to send this deeply profound and marvelous writing to the Star to be published?

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 24th, 2011, 10:48 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

14+ i vote you.....
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
14+ i vote you.....
Gee thanks! It's sent in.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Senior Contributor

I agree,BM'spost says it all and with compassion.
Here is the addy:lettertoed@thestar.ca or via Web at:www.thestar.ca/letters

You have to include name address and phon-number,but only name and city will be printed.
I think more than one name should be used,mine included.
Permission from BenMax of course.

OOOPS,already done,great
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I agree,BM'spost says it all and with compassion.
Here is the addy:lettertoed@thestar.ca or via Web at:www.thestar.ca/letters

You have to include name address and phon-number,but only name and city will be printed.
I think more than one name should be used,mine included.
Permission from BenMax of course.

OOOPS,already done,great
Go for it. If it does any good for even one person..then please do pass on.
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Go for it. If it does any good for even one person..then please do pass on.
Sorry BM. Should have cleared it with you before sending. I didn't use any identifying names with it though.

I am borrowing this from the SB's FB page. It contains some marvelous information about feral cats and how to handle/trap/look after them. Wonderful information to save to your computer for further use.
http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/...R_Handbook.PDF

Old February 24th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Sorry BM. Should have cleared it with you before sending. I didn't use any identifying names with it though.

I am borrowing this from the SB's FB page. It contains some marvelous information about feral cats and how to handle/trap/look after them. Wonderful information to save to your computer for further use.
Oh heck no 14+K..whatever I say here can totally be used. Permission never required.
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Another great source of info, thanks 14+

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old February 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I have contributed absolutely nothing to this thread. I feel helpless as I am sure we all have reading what has evolved. One of our own was victimized because of this...and it is very disturbing.

This is an example of one small piece of our world that shows how cruel people are and can be. One small dot on the map but carries much impact.

I know everything happens for a reason. Easy to say, hard to process. But in the end it does carry somesort of message, or will change one person.

Someone said to me this morning (because I am feeling a little down), animals have a purpose and that is to teach us. We are no grander than they infact it is through them that our admiration grows as they are true survivors of circumstance. We are faciliators in their lives and their deaths. They are pure...something that reminds us every day on how we should treat others, whether that human or animal.
You couldnt have put it any better BM.....we should all remember this advice.
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old February 24th, 2011, 07:10 PM
-

Posted on the FB site by one of their volunteers

*****Raptor Hawkeye I just came back from the colony ...

Cold and barren rock
Empty homes with open doors
No food nor water
...Not even the Canada Geese
No tracks of cats on the fresh snow
Only tracks of humans wandering about
This is not what I came to see

This is the first time in almost 6 years I did not see a Feral
Sad ... *****

Old February 25th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Posted on the FB site by one of their volunteers

*****Raptor Hawkeye I just came back from the colony ...

Cold and barren rock
Empty homes with open doors
No food nor water
...Not even the Canada Geese
No tracks of cats on the fresh snow
Only tracks of humans wandering about
This is not what I came to see

This is the first time in almost 6 years I did not see a Feral
Sad ... *****

All because of a friggin' jacka$$, that just couldn't leave them alone

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old February 25th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Chris,what can I say,I just feel so very sad,sad for the beautiful cats and for the volunteers who loved and cared for them

Now,if I could get only 10min with the human creature who caused this tragedy....
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Chris,what can I say,I just feel so very sad,sad for the beautiful cats and for the volunteers who loved and cared for them

Now,if I could get only 10min with the human creature who caused this tragedy....
Chico, I'll get DH to hold him down for you! and when you are done, I'd like to take a crack at him

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old February 25th, 2011, 02:50 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I'd like to take a crack at him
Except it's a her, not a him. Or, more correctly, a couple. But she seems to be the instigator.

Old February 25th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Except it's a her, not a him. Or, more correctly, a couple. But she seems to be the instigator.
Really . What a Bioatch

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old February 26th, 2011, 07:02 PM
-

These are the last two cats at the Bluffs.....the B&W one is Half Mask and the tabby is Buddy....Their caretakers hope by tomorrow they will have them trapped.

"Cat City" will be a ghost town

Name:  SB last 2.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  79.6 KB
Old February 26th, 2011, 07:50 PM
-

This is so sad for all those poor kitties.

If only that flippin' woman had just let them be.
Old February 26th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

I agree Rainbow, this thread makes me cry. Thank goodness there are a lot of good people out there that are willing to help the poor kitties.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old February 26th, 2011, 09:09 PM
150% PRO S/N

The wonderful folks at the Bluffs have promised they will not give up until they catch HalfMask and Sundance (Buddy). They are a very bonded pair so they hope they can be adopted/fostered together. I gather they are the most feral of the "feral" cats. I would imagine right now they are confused as to where the rest of their family has gone.
It is beyond belief what one evil person can accomplish. They can take down something that has been built for over 15 years. They can rip a family apart because essentially that is what I feel a colony of cats is. They can lure wild animals to a section of a park they had never been to before with a simple thing like dog food. There's no telling the potential fallout by luring these coyote to a public area.
They can also bring together an amazing group of people who have shown they have no quit in them. They won't quit until they have all of the cats captured and either adopted or in a situation where they know they are safe. I bow to them for they are all .

Old February 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Wow,look at them look at those faces,you'd have to be an absolute monster to do them harm

I don't know a word that describes how I feel about the people who have cared for them over the years,just simply the best...and if I sit here crying over those wronged cats,I can just imagine how they feel.

Ithe kitties will all adjust to a life some of them might have never known...

I just wonder how long before some other a$$es,dumps their unfortunate cats at the Bluffs to become Coyote-food..

I suppose the next step is to shoot the Coyotes
Old February 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Is there any reprocussions to this person for interrupting wildlife? If these coyotes start coming down to this area...is that can be done legality wise?
Sometimes you have to find other avenues to get to someone. If the animal interest of these cats have been overlooked, then maybe the next avenue is to look into a monitary fine in another way...
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:52 PM
-

Keep you fingers crossed....an attempt to trap the two remaining cats is underway.... Ironically Half Mask they have already trapped twice and Buddy once before.....hopefully they can get both, I don't think they want to leave one on it's own