Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old May 13th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

How to find an email address in Montreal...

It is usually pretty easy to find someones email addy here in the states as long as you have basic info to go along with the name, however, I tried to find one last year for a girl from Quebec but met with many snags.
Chloe and her friend Erica, also from Montreal, worked at a local horse farm nearby my home here in Florida. January of 2002 they were involved in a near fatal head-on car accident in front of my place, I was one of the first ones there...another neighbor said Chloe, the driver, was already gone so I worked with Erica in the passenger seat, her trachea was obviously crushed and among other massive injuries I did not expect her to live either. This happened at 5am and the fog was very dense..I stayed with the girls until the emt's arrived, holding Erica's head back and helping her breath every so often, (she stopped breathing a few times, still maintaining a pulse)
Sorry for the long middle part.
I stayed in contact with her employers. Turned out Chloe was alive and faired better than Erica. Chloe was air ambulanced back to Canada. Erica was put on the donor list at Shands Hospital in Gainesville..and by the grace of God she showed positive signs the day before organ harvesting was to take place..she was being kept alive long enough for her parents to arrive.
As for Erica now I have no idea, I know she would never walk again and her other injuries were quite massive, but I know she is alive and back in Canada.
Last year Chloe sent me a thank-you card and an up date on her progress, she is still in therapy but trying to finish her Mastersdegree at a local university, ( my guess in Montreal)
Her return address on the envelope is unreadable.
All I have is Chloe Mast., Chateau------?, Montreal, Canada, H2P2A4
I do want to talk with her so much!
My only contact was through her employers and they have since sold the farm and moved also.
I gave depositions to an investigator after the fact and I cannot find his info, the depositions were held the day after I had surgery and I was in a fog myself.
Sorry again this was so long, and I know it is a stab in the dark but any help is appreciated tons!
Thanks again & smooches!
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Senior Contributor

That postal code belongs to a street called de Chateaubriand Avenue, in Montreal.

The address is between 8409 and 8499, but I see no one with a name with "Mast" in it. She could be living with someone and the place is listed in his/her name?

If you could decipher just a few more letters of the last name, it would help a lot!

The university is either McGill University, or the Universite de Montreal.

Hope this helps a bit!
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Well I wish you most luck. That certainly is quite the story there!

You can always post a ad in local newspaper's or the university paper!!
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
That postal code belongs to a street called de Chateaubriand Avenue, in Montreal.

The address is between 8409 and 8499, but I see no one with a name with "Mast" in it. She could be living with someone and the place is listed in his/her name?

If you could decipher just a few more letters of the last name, it would help a lot!

Hope this helps a bit!

That helps alot! I do have some numbers..84..then a 1 or 7? Then a 3 or an 8? I had changed addreses and the forwarding postal stamps are blocking the address.
This gives me a partial address now, I'll take another stab and write to both possible street addresses.
On a search I came up with many phone numbers under the name of "Mast". By her letter I take it she is living with her parents. Now I have more to go on.
Thanks LR!

I did ask a few friends of mine that live in Ontreal last year and they told me finding info on Canadian residents is much more difficult because they protect the privacy rights more so than we do...and they were of little help.
Not one wanted to do a little research for me.
Thank you again!
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Hey I got an idear

why dont u scan the envelope in and have us take a look maybe we can try to help read it out!
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luba
Well I wish you most luck. That certainly is quite the story there!

You can always post a ad in local newspaper's or the university paper!!
Until tonight I did not even know the names of the local universitys.

Even the street name was incomplete. Now I have the complete street name, numbers are still iffy but workable..do you have an email addy for the university's? Websites also can offer a contact addy so a website addy will work also.
So much time has gone by and this is the closest I have come to contacting Chloe & Erica.

I am going to do another search on my end in a few minutes and see if I can match up street addresses, some had phone numbers with them if I remember correctly.
I have never talked with these girls, the way we met was not a pretty sight,
all I can remember is what happened & the same is in the transcript.
I was told both were in their early 20's also.
I am on a mission!

Thanks again, smooches!
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Senior Contributor

8417 de Chateaubriand does not exist, but 8438 does, and lists a J-F Trudeau living there. I can pm you the telephone number if you like.
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:48 PM

Send me the number LR, the last digit is an 8, or a 3. So it must be close.

The forth is either 1, or the best I can tell a 7..maybe. Postal ink everywhere! 84 for the first two digits is clear.

Luba, if I had a scanner I would really keep this board busy.
In all honesty, I would not know how to use one but I would give it a shot.
All I have is a picture on file of the uber goober and myself for emailing.

Thank you so much, again for all of your help.
I tried another search and had the same brick wall. Less even...time to dial the phone and break out the old fashion writing skills!
Old May 13th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Sent you the tel#. I can only suggest you make a lot of copies of your letter and send them to every address from 8409 to 8499 de Chateaubriand
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

You mean the internet just can't solve our every waking problem ?? LOL
Old May 14th, 2004, 10:26 AM

It is 8473 Chateaubriand! Now I have the complete address.

Thanks guy's.....
Old May 14th, 2004, 11:18 AM

Karin,

I'm glad you have solved your address mystery.

I just thought I would provide a little bit of an explanation re the privacy issues. Our federal government thought it important to protect the privacy of individuals to stop organizations that compile this information from passing it on without the individual's consent. Personally, I love this privacy but, it does have its problems such as what you were encountering. This legislation makes it illegal for employers and schools, including universities, cannot provide this information without the individual's consent. The party holding the information is allowed to contact the individual for you and give your contact information to him/her.

Anyhow, I know this is a long, unnecessary, boring legal diatribe, so I will stop now.....

Michelle
Old May 14th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Some search sites will send an email to a person for you, but won't give you the email address.

Do you have the name and tel# for that address?
Old May 14th, 2004, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Some search sites will send an email to a person for you, but won't give you the email address.

Do you have the name and tel# for that address?
No telephone number. Just Chloe's name with the now known address.

My friend Julie at our local post office was able to read it without any trouble. *smacking forehead with palm of hand* Why did I not think of this before? Who would know better than a postal worker? I told her of my endeavors and the help from all of you.

Michelle, the privacy your country offers is why I had so many snags in the beginning. I appreciate that, being as how mine still has some "issues" at hand...*hates the media* I do not have a need to contact any of the university's now since I have the address.
This has been like a puzzle! I told my boss about this today and she is eager to hear an update also, so are the neighbors who were here then..
Thank you all for all of your help....my very own detectives!
Old May 14th, 2004, 05:54 PM

Karin,

If you go to http://www.411.ca you can do a reverse lookup that will allow you to find a phone number by address. I did it by the address you gave and a name and phone number did show up but I am not sure if it is current (the problem with the website is that it does not always stay current). You may want to give this phone number a call after searching your address.

You can PM me for the number and name I found, I just don't want to post it on this message board (somehow, if people have to take extra steps they don't therefore, they don't harass people as much... )

Michelle
Old May 14th, 2004, 06:07 PM

Got it!! I think...Thanks tons Michelle!

I will keep everyone updated!
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:04 PM

Mission almost complete..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin
Got it!! I think...Thanks tons Michelle!

I will keep everyone updated!
I am trying to get over a case of the snibbles so please excuse any snibble related grammar errors....

I just got off of the phone with Mrs. Lasalle, Chloe's mother. I now have Chloe's email addy and home phone number. She has already moved out.
I cannot thank you guy's enough...I have tried for almost a year and a half and you accomplished this in less than 24 hours..I am beside myself!
Chloe is still in therapy, 24 years old now, she wants to specialize in Equine Therapy for the disabled. She is still going to school for her Bachelors degree..Erica will be in therapy forever. She will never walk or breathe on her own again. She is only partially paralyzed but one whole side of her lungs (lobes) had to be removed. I will find out more I hope when I talk to Chloe. Her Mom was speaking in broken english to accomodate me, and at the same time trying to calm this snibbling brat that I was...(southernese can be hard to understand too!)

I am so ..so.. looking for the right word..astounded? Beside myself?(already said that) ..agog..maybe that word will work for now, I've got something to do....

Thanks, Thanks , and Thanks again!
Old May 15th, 2004, 10:27 PM

OH KARIN!! Now you have me tearing up!!! Hugs to you!! I am so glad we could help!!

Michelle
Old May 16th, 2004, 03:27 AM

Just a last thought before I head off to beddy by. In terms of privacy, my undertanding is that Telus still sells your information, including full name, phone number and mailing address to a company called Canada Direct. These lovely folks, in turn sell your name, etc. on a list to market research firms and telemarketers all across the country. At least thats the way it was a few years ago, and I doubt much has changed.
Try and get the CRTC to do anything about this crap. I called them once about junk faxes coming to the halfway house I worked at. They told me the rules about it, the consequences for breaking the rules, and then told me that they 'really don't bother enforcing the rules because it's so harsh'.

My boss thought we were going to lose our phone line at the halfway house because of my foul language that ensued after I heard that they just feel their own rules are too harsh.

Nighty night.
Old May 16th, 2004, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Isn't Concordia U. in Montreal as well?

On edit: I should have read farther before I posted. That's wonderful that you located Chloe, Karin !

Old May 16th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!! Thats great stuff!!
Old May 16th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Wow,a happy ending story You guys are great and Karin,you are one determined lady,must be the Swede in you Just kidding folks,don't anyone get excited
You are ALL wonderful for helping Karin out!!!!
Old May 16th, 2004, 01:59 PM

Thanks again for all of your help folks! I emailed Chloe but I do not expect a reply until early in the week, her Mom said she may be going away for the weekend.
Old May 16th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Senior Contributor

So glad we could help!
Old May 18th, 2004, 11:09 PM

Chloe found!

I wish I knew how to "cut & paste", I never had time to mess with it..

I would post the letter I received from Chloe tonight. I am so tickled! And so very happy to hear from her! ( Her computer is adr!)

I of course, sent a lengthy response, you all know that is NOT my style! lmao!

I am so proud of her!

I could forward the letter to someone who could post it if that is a possibilty?

I am sure Chloe would not mind.
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:03 PM

Update...tickled slap happy!

Chloe just sent me a picture of her and of her JR. Now, I have never learned how to post pictures, mainly because I have no room for a scanner and I have really never had the need to. How do I post a picture from my email addy?
Or, can I send it to someone who can? Just thought I would ask...
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:09 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

All you have to do is when you reply to this thread or start a new one,
where it says additional options (look down) hit the 'manage attachments'
then 'browse' where you saved it in your computer, upload and voila! close the window and submit.
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:13 PM

I'll give it whirl. Thanks Luba. Right now it's still sitting in my email inbox.
My brother built this computer for me. It is lacking....as am I.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 11:38 AM
Senior Contributor

I just read this thread. Karin, you sound like a really special person. I was tearing up just reading. It's like a soap opera. When I got to the last post, I was like "What happened?!? Don't leave me hanging!"
Old June 22nd, 2004, 06:32 PM

Darn! I'll have to find another way of posting the picture. It has been a long day.