Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old November 4th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Question Performatrin

Any thoughts on the dog food named Performatrin? It's sold in Pet Value. I haven't seen any on the Wellness products in the pet stores here. I live in Sudbury. My dogs really like it but I would like to hear if anyone else has used it. The little "s I have won't eat dry food alone. Missie refuses all kibbles except what she can steal from the cat. Sophie will eat kibble only if it is mixed with canned food. Fussy little dogs that they are. Thanks all..
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:45 PM

Hi!

I'm in Toronto, moving to Sudbury in 3 weeks! I've heard of Performatrin, I've heard it's okay, not nearly as good as Wellness, which is what I feed my 1 year old GSD. What kind of dog do you have? I checked the old mother hubbard website (makers of wellness) it says that the Pet Food Warehouse on Lasalle and on Regent Street carry their products. Let me know if you find it. This is the only food my little monster will eat!! Also do you know of any good off leash areas to run my dog in Sudbury, preferably ones that are enclosed? Thanks a million!
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:54 PM

I'm feeding my dog a couple of different types of food. Fromm (any that doesn't contain chicken), and Perforatrin. It's a great food!! They use human grade ingredients and my dog just goes Ape over it!

I highly recommend Performatrin as the poops have been cut down dramatically since she started eating it. Seeing as she's currently eating a chicken free diet, when you're dealing with a dog such as mine, you're kind of limited with options.

I wish I knew about Wellness before. Now I'll have to do some research on their ingredients list. Thanks for mentioning it! It'll be nice to give her a bit of variety.
Old November 5th, 2004, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsdDiamond
I highly recommend Performatrin as the poops have been cut down dramatically since she started eating it. Seeing as she's currently eating a chicken free diet, when you're dealing with a dog such as mine, you're kind of limited with options.
Yup me too - I've been feeding Performatrin ULTRA though. It's great - less poop... much less hair and my Rosie has way more energy - which is saying something for an 8 yr old Rottie

I would recommend the Ultra over the regular - but both are good foods.
Old November 5th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Senior Contributor

I found the wellness

Hey Crazy. I found the wellness. It is at Pet Food Warehouse on Lasalle blvd.
Old November 6th, 2004, 04:47 PM

Great! Thanks for letting me know!
Old November 7th, 2004, 08:25 PM

My sister just started her female springer on Performatrin Lamb and Rice, due to allergies she wants to see if this will help. She has already noticed less poos, and is eating less, just started last wk. I think when Scottie is finished his bag and closer to being done puppy will also be feeding the same. We'll see.
Old November 4th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey Crazy I donot know of any off leash parks here in Sudbury. Most people just take their dogs to abandoned school yards and let their dogs go there. In Sudbury, I find that the locals don't poop n scoop and leashes are some times a rarity. The only really nice park we have here is Ramsey Lake and your fur kid has (or supposed to be) on a leash. I sure hope you have only one or two dogs, because here in hooter ville the bylaw states only 2 dogs and cats per residence. What a crock of pigeon poop.Any way welcome to Sudbury, the land of really strange by laws and an invisible Mayor.
Old November 4th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Talking

Sorry Crazy I have a Shih Tzu ( Sophie ) and Missie a terri-poo and Piper the cat who's one dude.
Old November 4th, 2004, 03:16 PM

Thanks for the info. Did you find wellness there? I went to Ramsey Lake when we visited Sudbury. It was absolutely beautiful, and Maxx LOVED it. He was running in the lake having on heck of a time! I saw the by-law about only 2 dogs....kinda silly if you ask me. I only have one fur kid though, and we're thinking about getting another. Are people in Sudbury pretty dog friendly? I found alot of people in Toronto afraid of larger breed dogs, and ignorance really gets to me!!!

Karen
Old November 24th, 2004, 10:55 AM

performatrin Ultra

Hi everyone I am new to this list as of today. I was looking around and saw the thread on Performatrin. Well that makes me feel welcome reading all the nice things you had to say. I own a Pet Valu Store in Scarborough :-) I also breed Leonbergers. I love to meet and talk to other pet owners.

There is a big difference in regualr Performatrin and Perfom Ultra. The Perform Ultra can go up against any of the holistic foods on the market right now. It is made with only fresh natural ingredients. I am not a lover of many grains in a diet. the way the grains are utilized in the Perform is great. They are only whole grains and not grain fractions eg. corn gluten meal ,rice flowr etc. Fresh and lamb meal give it one of the highest meat ratios in dog food.

Wellness is also a good choice although a lot of dogs done like it because it is baked and that seems ot throw them off. If they like it great!!

The New Nutro Ultra looks good also. We also carry that. So I hope you guys dont mind me jumping in here.
Old November 24th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Wellness is excellent food,but extremely over-priced....I was kind of happy my cats did not like it I always check the ingredients and you can get "humane grade"very good food for half the price of Wellness.
I pay premium price for my cat-food,canned or dry,but paying $20+for a bag of wellness,when I get CSFPLS for $13 all the same ingredients,except Wellness uses sweet-potato instead of reg potato,does not make sense.We all want what is best for our animals and a little research will really open your eyes.
Old November 24th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Leolvr,forgive my dog-ignorance,but what is a Leonberger??? sounds like something to eat
Old November 24th, 2004, 12:11 PM

performatrin Ultra (leonberger)

Hi Chico

A leonberger is a giant breed dog. they originated form Germany. they were bred to look like the lion on the coat of arms in Leonberg.

What is the name of the food you used letters for :-) Heck I can't figure out which one you were talking aobut LOL

Lori

Last edited by Ford; December 13th, 2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old November 24th, 2004, 12:18 PM

Hi and welcome!
I love your dogs! They look so soft and cuddly, yet something I would not want to piss off.
Old November 25th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Senior Contributor

[QUOTE=leolvr]Hi Chico

A leonberger is a giant breed dog. they originated form Germany. they were bred to look like the lion on the coat of arms in Leonberg.

Here is my webpage What is the name of the food you used letters for :-) Heck I can't figure out which one you were talking aobut LOL

Lori
Those are absolutely the most beautiful dogs!!!!

Last edited by Ford; December 13th, 2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Wellness is excellent food,but extremely over-priced....I was kind of happy my cats did not like it I always check the ingredients and you can get "humane grade"very good food for half the price of Wellness.
I pay premium price for my cat-food,canned or dry,but paying $20+for a bag of wellness,when I get CSFPLS for $13 all the same ingredients,except Wellness uses sweet-potato instead of reg potato,does not make sense.We all want what is best for our animals and a little research will really open your eyes.
read this at the perforatrin site. my cats love that food and has completely stopped alergic reaction using the New Zeland Lamb formula. hope this helps.
Cold or flu-like symptoms may be seen, like sneezing and runny nose. Sweet potatoes offer valuable beta carotene to help fight respiratory infections.
Old December 16th, 2004, 02:45 PM

Info at Performatrinultra.com

Interested in others feedback as well. I found this site:

www.performatrinultra.com.

Its got the ingredients and stuff listed as well as some stories about pets on it. Sounds good but I would like to hear from others who have been using it.
Old December 16th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Senior Contributor

I tried Performatrin Ultra and my cats would not eat it it's going to HS,so I'll stick with their "Chicken-soup-for-cat-lovers-soul",they love it!!
Old December 16th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar13
Interested in others feedback as well. I found this site:

www.performatrinultra.com.

Its got the ingredients and stuff listed as well as some stories about pets on it. Sounds good but I would like to hear from others who have been using it.
I dont see a list of ingredients.........

it's like the 10% of 100 various herbs they put into the Nutrience Supreme, eh?
Old August 4th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Senior Contributor

wAggie, the ingredient lists are there but you have to dig around a bit to find them. Note that this thread is nearly 10 years old. Unless you want to feed the food yourself I think it's a pretty safe bet the OP made a decision long ago. Plus, the ingredient list has likely changed in 10 years.
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Just wanted to drop in and say hello as I am new to this forum. I have a 14 week old Yellow Labrador Retriever and her name is Sofie. In September of this year we lost our Black Lab Max of 16 years and adding Sofie to our family certainly help to ease the pain of our loss. We love the breed. Sofie had a rough start and was diagnosed with colitis at 7 weeks of age....she was on medication and special food for a few weeks then the hunt for a decent food was on. I tried many with no luck ( too many bowl movements, extemely loose stool, vomiting and simply not liking the taste)....last week I discovered Performatrin and it is a miracle....within 48 hours her stools are nice, no vomiting and she loves the taste. I had her on the Wellness which is an excellent food but it was too rich for her sensitive stomach but the Performatrin seems to be doing the trick. I catch my cat sneaking some kibbles from Sofie's dish now and then ( My cat Riley is on Wellness and doing very well). Have a great day all!!!
Old August 3rd, 2014, 01:20 PM

Performatrin lovers

We have a 3 year old Maine Coon cat who developed dingleberries earlier this year lol. At the time, we were feeding him Costco cat food. After doing a lot of research, we switched him to Performatrin Grain Free Duck formula and it has done absolute wonders for him. No more dingleberries as his stool is firm and there's less of it, he takes a lot longer to eat and is just healthier all around. We just got our shepard/lab, Charlie, who's 10 weeks and was being fed Puppy Chow. We're already working to switch her to Performatrin grain free Puppy. It's the only brand we'll feed our fur babies.