Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Closed Thread

Old April 1st, 2007, 11:20 AM

hey...

Hi... New here, of course. I wont give my name and age, cause I hate my name and saying my age makes me feel old especially since my moms controlling my life and wont let me leave the block. I have 7 dogs, used to be 8 but we just lost one this morning that was in the veternarian clinic to parvo, which is odd cause he was doing better friday and thursday, it just leads me to think that they dont care for the animals over the weekends, especially since he wasnt throwing up or having diareah on friday.

One of my dogs, my oldest who is a 3 year old pomeranian just had a litter of pups. Sadly, she went into the first stage of labour around 3pm last saturday. I stayed up till about 5am with her and passed out, woke up at 9am to find her having the first pup halfway out, brech position and stuck because she was so big. We lost the pup. The second pup came out with no trouble and was going after his mothers nipple before we even got the sack off his face. Hes a livewire even at only a week old. He is going to a little boy whose dog was killed in a hit and run.

I also have 4 cats and 3 kittens. The litter of kittens was born four or five weeks ago monday. Theyre all pure white, the littlest one has a yellow streak on her tail, the youngest has a gray dot on his head. The oldest is pure white. The mother is a pure white part siamese we rescued from the middle of the road. The kittens have eye infections but its clearing up. The father is a tortoise shell, gray white and black in color with emerald green eyes. He looks along the lines of a white tiger and even prowels around like one at times, mouth open and everything.

Were currently moving since our city is tearing down an entire street to put up an overpass to get around train tracks, which in my opinion was their fault for not planning ahead... So I'll be hanging around randomly.
Old April 1st, 2007, 01:25 PM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

wow. welcome. thats a big family. very sorry for the loss of your puppy. its never easy. Parvo is a terrible thing. please make sure your other dogs are healthy as i hear its very contagious.
I also think it would be a very good idea to get all your animals spayed and neutered so that there will be no more litters to need to find homes for.
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:23 PM

We breed my pom, the other one is infertile. Foxy is a breeder girl, and a very loving mother. When our kittens were born she tried to get in the box to nurse them. We're actually planning on breeding her again in a year and a half with a pure blood pom male of a friend. We love our big family, its not hard to care for them. Theyre the sweetest dogs in our town too.
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:50 PM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

but what about the cats?
Old April 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM

Sadly my dad hates cats and is making us get rid of most before we move. We get to keep my sisters tortoise shell and my orange tabby, both females.
Old April 1st, 2007, 03:42 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG,I did not believe your post at first,thought you were trolling
One dog dies of Parvo,highly contagious and deadly to your other dogs
You breed another and have a dead puppy,you breed your cat,although your dad hates cats...you have to get rid of most of your cats.
Honestly your post sounds like an animal-lovers nightmare.
I am sure you love your animals,but please have your other dogs checked for Parvo,including the vulnerable puppies,spay and neuter every single one of your animals,please
Old April 1st, 2007, 03:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
OMG,I did not believe your post at first,thought you were trolling
One dog dies of Parvo,highly contagious and deadly to your other dogs
You breed another and have a dead puppy,you breed your cat,although your dad hates cats...you have to get rid of most of your cats.
Honestly your post sounds like an animal-lovers nightmare.
I am sure you love your animals,but please have your other dogs checked for Parvo,including the vulnerable puppies,spay and neuter every single one of your animals,please
And here I was, just not saying a word.
Old April 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM

Yeah were gonna get the boy doggies snipped when we get moved into the new house. I dont mind having to get rid of some of our cats. The male cat just hasnt been lovable since he hit puberty, and the other cats were rescues. Someone left six kittens down at the creek, their eyes were still blue and they barely had teeth. So we caught em and brought em home. We rescued the white one from the middle of the road not to long ago and when she ended up pregnant we decided to wait till her kids were able to be on their own before giving her up, since we mostly give the cats to people who live on farms and have problems with mice and rats. The kittens will find good loving homes, and my cousins keeping the female of the litter. We got the other dogs all checked, theyre fine.

Till we get to the other house though we can only lock up the male dogs. We had to borrow money just to pay the vet bill for Blackjack. Kinda wish I could find doggy birth control for the girls though, the infertile one and the other female have heart murmurs they were born with so we really dont want the one pregnant. Foxys pretty much the only normal one in the doggy family. Baby, the infertile, has an allergy to something and no one can figure out what. The father of Tenchi and Coco is a toy rat terrier, Tenchi looks like a pygmy Great Dane, and Coco looks like a chiwawa(sp?). Princess looks like her daddy, even acts like him on occasion. Theyre good babies though, loving family, and pretty much the only ones in my entire house that dont judge me for every little thing I do or have bad habits.
Old April 1st, 2007, 05:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, just too many words running around in my head to give a coherent response. :sad:
Old April 1st, 2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott View Post
Oh, just too many words running around in my head to give a coherent response. :sad:
He he. One can only imagine now can't we LavenderRott. Is this post an april fools joke?
Old April 1st, 2007, 05:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt_danish View Post
He he. One can only imagine now can't we LavenderRott. Is this post an april fools joke?
God I hope so!
Old April 1st, 2007, 06:00 PM

I really really hope so after I read the other post from this new member
here.
Old April 1st, 2007, 06:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Where is that vomitting smilie when you need it?
Old April 1st, 2007, 06:38 PM

why the hell would i joke about my over baring mother disfunctional family? especially when my life is a living hell cause of most of them and 3/5ths the people who live in my house alone belong in rehab for drug abuse. This is all seriousness, my family needs to acknowledge my sister belongs in a loony bin her abusive boyfriend belongs in jail, specially cause hes 25 she was 16 when she started dating him, he cheated on her with a 14 year old and the two have put both my parents in the hospital. This family is ruining my life and thiers, I wasnt even allowed to date till my senior year in high school and even then I had to go behind my parents back. I dont believe in april fools. Keep it in mind, especially since the person who posted in my other thread did make me feel more like I was to blame as if my family wasnt doing it enough.
Old April 1st, 2007, 06:39 PM

This thread has run its course and will now be closed. Please do not reopen closed issues.
Closed Thread