Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior > Cat behavior forum - cat training

Old March 27th, 2009, 12:59 AM

My cat seen a ghost or something

ok I'll Start from the beginning.... Me and my wife we're sitting in the living room watching t.v. Suddenly we heard our cat yelp and scream as if something just stepped on her tail. Now keep in mind me and my wife are in the living room, my oldest son is in his room right beside me, and my youngest son is one the couch just learning to roll over... Me and my wife went to the kitchen to see what had happened and nothign was there... our cat was huddled in a corner meowing at us. We looked around and looked outside but nothing was there. Kitty just kept meowing at us as if she was tellign us something. After we went back int he living room she wouldn't leave my wifes side and if she did she didn't go farther then 2 feet away from her.. Anyone else have any similar stories??? My cat's seeing ghosts or something lol.

And What really weirds us out is... My mother passed away last june of 2008 and my wifes father just passed away the end of Jan 2009 and they were both cremated and we both have an urn with their ashes in them.

Someone please tell us our cat isn't Supernatural or something lol
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Senior Contributor

Well, I'll first start with the part of my brain that is rational. There could be a more natural explanation. I know my cats will sometimes just get these episodes when they are calm one minute, then go buzzing off the next. Jump, start to chase their tail, run around etc... Last night Maks was upstairs meowing up towards the wall, scratching at it. It could have been he saw a bug, or a shadow playing off the wall. Also, your wife just lost her father, and animals have a very extraordinary sense of their owners emotional state. Your cat may sense that your wife is grieving the loss of her father and wants to comfort her by staying close to her.

Now, the part of my brain that believes there are more things out there that can't be explained by science will give you an opinion. I have always had an interest in the supernatural. My entire life from as far back as I can remember, I've always been interested in these things. I have always read that animals can sense spirits. As we grow, we are taught to question things, and that all things have a scientific explanation. We begin to build this wall of skepticism about anything we can't see or touch. A cold wind blows, it's the air conditioner, or someone left the door open. A cup falls from the counter, it was left too close to the edge. Things like that.

I've felt things and have seen things. Little glimpses here and there in my current apartment that leads me to believe I have a phantom cat(s). So, maybe it wasn't a bug Maks saw on the wall, or shadows. Maybe when he's upstairs cooing and chirping he's talking to spirit.

I like to believe that most spirits we do have in our home are not malicious. You have lost very close family members, and it could be that they are with you, checking up on you and making sure you're okay. Your cat, not having been conditioned to rationalize away the appearance of someone who should not be there, possibly sees this family member and senses something not quite "real" about them and alerts you in his/her own way.

I hope this all made sense.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old March 27th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Kitty pimp

also dont discount the I will drive my keepers mad gene tdat all cats posess

also i know my cat has nightmares and svreams wakes up and runs to a safe place then will stay by me fpr a day

possible she saw a mouse or other varmint?