Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:06 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Crazy Dog!!

So Bayley has decided that after supper is play fetch in the house time! We've been doing it for a little while but nothing consistent so I kinda forgot today. So today she comes over, puts her head in my lap and gives me the sad dog eyes. I pet her, that's not it, so then I notice that she's dropped her little foam ball on the couch. Yes, she has a little foam ball, the cat kind. I know some will say it's dangerous but she is soooo careful with it and it's her fave in the house toy. OMG she's so funny, if I don't throw it right away, she growls at me, then if I pretend to throw it, she gets her front paws up on the arm of the couch and barks at me. I suppose she would scare some people cause when she drops it in my hands, she's growling the whole time but she's always been very vocal when she's playing. Of course, I'm a lousy thrower and right now there are two little foam balls under the back of the pantry. You should see the look I get when they go under there! I told her she'd have to convince Noella to go fish them out for her
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
Senior Contributor

It is not a good idea to let a dog growl at you , that mean the dog is the leader of the pack.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Umm sorry BD, I don't go with that. I know her growls and this is a play growl, same with her barking. She's got different barks for different situations. I never stop her from growling, she growls at her cats, especially when they're stealing her space. I'd rather have her growl at them than bite them and ask questions later.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:07 PM

Patty my dog does the same. If it's fetch time, nothing I'm doing is important. He'll bark teh way dogs bark at each other when it's time to play. I don't worry about it. It just means he has a lot of energy and we better get outside and wear it off.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Bayley's weird she loves being outside, but won't play fetch outside!! So she has some soft toys that are ok in the house...of course, the cats have to stay out of the way!!
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to let Bayley bark, this would give her encouragement to do it all the time. Even growling and teasing isn't good either, it could lead to bad hahaviour. Just be careful and enforce the dog not to bark.