Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 30th, 2007, 12:40 PM

Neoplasene

Has anyone used Neoplasene on their pet as a treatment for cancer? Please let me know asap.
THanks,
Jackie
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:19 PM

neoplasene

I just started using it this week. My vet uses it frequently with wonderful results. I'd like to know how others have done.
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:53 PM
Senior Contributor

There is another post a;ready discussing this. You may want to check that one out as well.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=39807
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:39 PM

Neoplasene

Hello:

I am currently using the Buck Root Suave for my 14 yr old dog with a hemangiopericytoma on her left rear leg. We had to put some needle points in to the tumor to facilitate the suave. I have been on this for over 6 weeks, applying the suave once a week. There have been many changes, lots of swelling, bleeding, oozing and such. Very messy, very uncomfortable and smelly. The tumor has huge scabs on it and every time a small piece falls off there is bleeding. I am getting a little discouraged because I do not notice the tumor becoming any smaller. I am under a vet's supervision who says that each treatment they do if different. She says to continue with it, but I may hold off for an extra week to let some healing begin. My vet does not cover the area with the suave like it says in Dr. Fox's clinical studies. Does anyone have any good news for me about this? It's so red and swollen and ugly most of the time. Does everyone cover the suave with a bandage when it's applied? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Carolyn
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter's_owner View Post
There is another post a;ready discussing this. You may want to check that one out as well.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=39807
You might want to try this thread instead.
Old March 29th, 2008, 08:40 PM

Neoplasene Treatment

I notice that your question was asked several weeks ago so I don't know how you decided to proceed with treatment. I can tell you our experience with neoplasene and I would recommend that you continue with the treatment. Our greyhound was diagnosed with an agressive form of this same cancer on her shoulder in October. Our vet put her on both an oral dose as well as the salve. We administered the salve once a week and each time it was obvious that it caused discomfort. We also saw the scabs, which she would pull off in a day or so, bleeding, oozing, etc...

The area became an open wound and we had no idea how big it would get or how long it would take before we could stop the treatments. Early in January the vet thought the tissue he was seeing looked healthy so he kept her on the oral dose but we stopped the topical. The area has since completely healed over and we think she is cancer free - the vet took a look a couple of days ago and thought so too. We keep an eye on it and take her back in 3 months. She has been off everything for about 2 months now.

One thing you might ask your vet about is injecting the site. We did not need this, but our vet told us about several cases where he injected the tumor directly and it worked great. This has truly been a miracle for our dog, since the original pathology report did not paint a very hopeful picture for her. I think we caught it early, though, and it had not spread as far as it could have.

Best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyntb View Post
Hello:

I am currently using the Buck Root Suave for my 14 yr old dog with a hemangiopericytoma on her left rear leg. We had to put some needle points in to the tumor to facilitate the suave. I have been on this for over 6 weeks, applying the suave once a week. There have been many changes, lots of swelling, bleeding, oozing and such. Very messy, very uncomfortable and smelly. The tumor has huge scabs on it and every time a small piece falls off there is bleeding. I am getting a little discouraged because I do not notice the tumor becoming any smaller. I am under a vet's supervision who says that each treatment they do if different. She says to continue with it, but I may hold off for an extra week to let some healing begin. My vet does not cover the area with the suave like it says in Dr. Fox's clinical studies. Does anyone have any good news for me about this? It's so red and swollen and ugly most of the time. Does everyone cover the suave with a bandage when it's applied? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Carolyn
Old March 31st, 2008, 02:40 PM

Neoplasene Treatment on Bichon X

Thanks for the reply. I don't see many posts on dogs with this kind of cancer (hemangiopericytoma). The area where the scabs have fallen off are very pink and healthy looking, but there are other areas where we have not even touched yet, due to the size. I am going to see my vet on Wednesday and will ask about the injections. This may be the only way to go since it only seems to be affecting the top area of the tumor and not getting into the root of the thing.

Regards,
Carolyn
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:17 AM

What to expect?

Just wondering if you persued the injectable? I am dealing with fibrosarcoma in a cat and yesterday we did the injectable neoplasene...just wondering what to expect.
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:41 PM

This thread is old, but I thought I'd post to add some more information.

Our dog Madison is a 7-8 yrs old mixed breed. Approximately 45 lbs. We didn't identify the bump on her hip as an issue for awhile because she had knee surgery last year and the bump was on the non-operated on leg. We assumed it was muscle and that the other side had atrophied because of the surgery. We finally asked a vet about physical therapy to correct the muscle imbalance and was told that it was a tumor, not muscle. A biopsy confirmed that it was a cancerous tumor: Spindle Cell Sarcoma.

We began treatment of Madison's sarcoma with Neoplasene X (injectable) 6 days ago. The tumor was about 4" x 3" in size at the time with probably about 1/2 above and half below the skin level. It had been stable 3" x 2" for awhile, but had grown quite a bit after the biopsy was done a month ago.

Our vet has used the Neoplasene numerous times, but this would be the largest tumor that he has treated with it. We decided to start with injectable and then followup with topical or injectable as appropriate depending on how things were going and then oral as aftercare to destroy any tumor cells that remained.

Our vet did 7 total injections around the perimeter of the tumor and deep into the center. Maddie was quite agitated and in some discomfort for around 18 hours after the treatment. This was despite the Buprenex injection given concurrently with the Neoplasene and the Tramadol administered at home.

The next day there was a general greying of the tumor site. A reddish ring could be seen on the edge of the greying section and as the day progressed the site started blackening. The most pronounced change was around the biopsy site which was much darker than the surrounding tissue. We kept the site bandaged, but at this time there was no discharge.

Day 2 we awoke to find 2 dime sized holes in her skin and some oozing of pussy, bloody material into the bandages. Maddie did not seem to be suffering any discomfort and we had discontinued the Tramadol the previous day. There was not too much discharge and we changed the bandage 2x over the course of the day (morning and evening) cleaning with Hydrogen Peroxide and applying Buck Mountain's Wound Balm (Yarrow, Echinacea, and other stuff I can't remember).

Day 3 there was an island of blackened skin surrounded by a ring of broken skin where the tumor seemed to be eating away forming a small "moat". Despite the greater area exposed, the rate of discharge did not seem to increase that dramatically; 2 bandage changes was still sufficient.

Day 4, the rate of change seemed to have slowed with not much additional increase in the exposed area. It did appear that the edges of exposed skin were dying at a slower rate than the tumor underneath creating a "flap" that we were careful to clean under during bandage changes. A second treatment of Neoplasene was done. This time topical using the salve.

Maddie was much more agitated this time, even using higher dosages of pain medications. I assume it was because of the exposure of the salve to the bare flesh/tumor. The vet said to leave the salve on under a bandage for 24 hours. I looked at the clinical guide from Buck Mountain Botanical's website and it recommended 12 hours before cleaning the salve off. We couldn't take the whimpering and crying so cleaned the area after 10 hours. She was crying so much that we tried to be gentle and found later that we didn't do the best job removing everything; we noticed the next morning (day 5) a little of the salve was left in a couple places under the "flaps" I mentioned earlier.

Day 5 seemed to start the process over again, or maybe just kick start things a little, with more areas turning both grey and blacker. Discharge seemed to be happening still at about the same rate. I forgot to put the e-collar on her before showering and found the bandage ripped off and part of the scab and another small bit (~1/4") of tumor that was starting to fall off had been chewed off in one area. On the plus side she managed to remove all remnants of the salve which we were afraid would have been too painful if we scrubbed it ourselves. As the day progressed the rate of discharge increased and day 5 was the first 3x bandage change (not counting the extra needed for when she ripped it off).

Today is Day 6. The rate of discharge is still high. Today probably will be 4x bandage changes. The lower part of the tumor is almost all gone (with still a flap of skin over the cavity left), areas of the flap are starting to separate and fall off. The main center part of the tumor (the island in the moat), while turning black is still there as well as the top edge of the tumor (top when she's standing and looking at the tumor from the side. maybe a 1/2-3/4" wide band). It looks like another application may be needed . . .

Tomorrow we go back to the vet for the 3rd application. I am going to ask that it be injected again rather than applied to the raw flesh. It seemed to be less painful for Maddie.

You need to be prepared for a high degree of grossness. And the larger the tumor, the larger an open wound you will have to manage, both during the stage where the necrotic tissue is being destroyed as well as after when the would site is healing. My girlfriend was not as prepared and this week has been extremely stressful for her watching the size of the wound grow as well as the pain little Maddie is in after each administration of Neoplasene. I am amazed at the progress so far and have high hopes for a successful treatment.

I hope that this is helpful in terms of what you can expect, especially with a tumor on the larger side of things. I will provide more updates as time progresses.

Last edited by Maddies-Dad; June 26th, 2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Please do, Maddies-Dad. We've heard tantalizing stories, but often the posters don't come back with updates.

I wish you success with Madison's treatment! Give her a few extra hugs for me!

and

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:51 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

it sounds like the neoplasene is doing a good job. for maddie and a speedy recovery.
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:20 PM

Update

I have uploaded some photos from the first 19 days of treatment.

Treatments occured on:
1. June 20 - "Day 0": Injection of Neoplasene X. These were in the lower 2/3 of the tumor
2. June 24 - "Day 4": Topical application of Neoplasene Salve (Called Sarcoma Salve on your packaging. Not sure if formulation has changed vs. current Neoplasene.)
3. June 27 - "Day 7": Topical application and Injection. Personally, I think the injection on this day was useless as it went into already dying/yellow tissue. Some of it just squirted out of the tumor close to the injection sites as the area was becoming spongy as it deteriorated/liquified. I felt that the upper portion of the tumor (what I call the "ridge") should have been injected to accelerate the process. Dr. Fong disagreed saying he thought that was healthy muscle tissue.
4. July 3 - "Day 13": Topical application of salve. Wound had opened further to expose the lower portion of the "ridge"
5. July 10 - "Day 20": Topical application of salve. Pictures not uploaded yet, but the link below should continue to work as I add more pictures.

If I could turn back the clock, I would have asked to have injections along the perimeter of the entire tumor, not just the lower section. I think from what we've seen thus far for the lower part of the tumor, if the entire tumor was injected, most of the tumor would have been killed and separated by now and we could be in the wound healing process, not having to go through more pain and suffering for our girl. The topical on a tumor this big is just removing the tumor layer by layer.

Please Note: These pictures are not for the faint of heart!! I think they are more graphic than what is in the Clinical Guide you can download from Buck Mountain's site. Maddie's mom can't look at the wound site without feeling nauseous.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...lasene-Maddie/
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:22 PM

Update

I have uploaded some photos from the first 19 days of treatment.

Treatments occured on:
1. June 20 - "Day 0": Injection of Neoplasene X. These were in the lower 2/3 of the tumor
2. June 24 - "Day 4": Topical application of Neoplasene Salve (Called Sarcoma Salve on your packaging. Not sure if formulation has changed vs. current Neoplasene.)
3. June 27 - "Day 7": Topical application and Injection. Personally, I think the injection on this day was useless as it went into already dying/yellow tissue. Some of it just squirted out of the tumor close to the injection sites as the area was becoming spongy as it deteriorated/liquified. I felt that the upper portion of the tumor (what I call the "ridge") should have been injected to accelerate the process. Dr. Fong disagreed saying he thought that was healthy muscle tissue.
4. July 3 - "Day 13": Topical application of salve. Wound had opened further to expose the lower portion of the "ridge"
5. July 10 - "Day 20": Topical application of salve. Pictures not uploaded yet, but the link below should continue to work as I add more pictures.

If I could turn back the clock, I would have asked to have injections along the perimeter of the entire tumor, not just the lower section. I think from what we've seen thus far for the lower part of the tumor, if the entire tumor was injected, most of the tumor would have been killed and separated by now and we could be in the wound healing process, not having to go through more pain and suffering for our girl. The topical on a tumor this big is just removing the tumor layer by layer.

Please Note: These pictures are not for the faint of heart!! I think they are more graphic than what is in the Clinical Guide you can download from Buck Mountain's site. Maddie's mom can't look at the wound site without feeling nauseous.
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:23 PM

for some reason I couldn't post the picture link. here's the URL. just change the hxxpto http

hxxp://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/drewski11/Neoplasene-Maddie/
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:37 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddies-Dad View Post
for some reason I couldn't post the picture link. here's the URL. just change the hxxpto http

hxxp://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/drewski11/Neoplasene-Maddie/
omg :sad: it looks like it's working but ... looks painful :sad:

I sure hope this works out for Maddie
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:41 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Wow...that really does look sore. Maddie girl you hang in there! You and the Mrs, too, Maddies-Dad.

I suspect that they go slow on the injections because the neoplasene will take healthy tissue, too...and the smaller the final perimeter, the better. But it must be going agonizingly slow for you I know any time we have an open wound or a surgical procedure to heal, time just drags.

Has the vet given you an estimate how many neoplasene treatments remain? Is Maddie still able to go off the pain meds in between treatments? If she's mostly just painful during the neoplasene injections/salving itself, do you give start giving her the pain meds before the treatment?

for a continued reduction of the tumor and a complete recovery for sweet Maddie. Thank you for taking the time to update us. I know it's a very difficult and stressful time for you all.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
omg :sad: it looks like it's working but ... looks painful :sad:

I sure hope this works out for Maddie

the pain and agitation seem to be for about 24 hours after the treatments. the first couple treatments were the worst. a couple of the last treatments didn't seem to bother her too much, which our vet says is a good sign that there is less malignant cells for the Neoplasene to react with.

she's in remarkably good spirits with good energy and appetite. she even bounces around on our walks!
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Has the vet given you an estimate how many neoplasene treatments remain? Is Maddie still able to go off the pain meds in between treatments? If she's mostly just painful during the neoplasene injections/salving itself, do you give start giving her the pain meds before the treatment?
thanks for your kind words!

not entirely clear on number of treatments. it's treatment to treatment and examining the reaction to the Neoplasene and the exposed tissue in the treatment site, but i think it will be one or two more topical applications and then we will move to oral Neoplasene. our vet says these types of tumors are like an octopus with "tentacles" going deeper from the main tumor mass. the oral is supposed to attack those.

we have been giving her Tramadol an hour pre-treatment and then as needed post treatment for pain management. this is usually for 18-24 hours post treatment.
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Geek Club CEO

Wow, kudos to you for being a good "nurse" and helping maddie get through what looks like a painful and trying ordeal. I can relate a bit...we dealt with a lot of grossness and oozing and draining (floods) and open wounds when Jaida had her leg amputated (lots of weird complications, two surgeries). It's hard on the people who have to see the wound every day (you guys) and deal with bandage changes etc. It's easy to let it get to you sometimes, and much harder to stay objective and rational and do what needs to be done. I found that seeing it through a camera (I tooks lots of pictures) helped me distance myself from it a bit and stay objective...maybe your documentation of the progress helps you too? It'll hopefully help others about to experience it too...thanks for sharing the pictures.
Poor you and poor puppers.
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old July 25th, 2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendyfoot View Post
Wow, kudos to you for being a good "nurse" and helping maddie get through what looks like a painful and trying ordeal. I can relate a bit...we dealt with a lot of grossness and oozing and draining (floods) and open wounds when Jaida had her leg amputated (lots of weird complications, two surgeries). It's hard on the people who have to see the wound every day (you guys) and deal with bandage changes etc. It's easy to let it get to you sometimes, and much harder to stay objective and rational and do what needs to be done. I found that seeing it through a camera (I tooks lots of pictures) helped me distance myself from it a bit and stay objective...maybe your documentation of the progress helps you too? It'll hopefully help others about to experience it too...thanks for sharing the pictures.
Poor you and poor puppers.
I've been looking at your Jaida blog. What a brave little cutie!! I've got my fingers crossed for the Hip Fairy!
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:25 PM

neoplasene

hi. the posts on this site seem to be pretty dated, but thought i'd share my experience so far with neoplasene.

my 3 y.o. pug was diagnosed with a mast cell tumor on his stomach. surgery was an option, but i decided to try the more holistic approach. they injected my dog's tumor and within 48 hours, his tumor fell off, leaving a gaping hole. it was pretty disgusting, to be honest, but fortunately, my vet had warned me. the other problem was that it was difficult to manage the wound b/c i work (and there was no one at home to care for him). that said, the wound healed very quickly with the wound balm. it was really bad the first 4-5 days, but within a week to 10 days, the wound was nearly entirely gone.

he's now on a regimen of 1 cc/day of the oral neoplasene. he hasn't had any problems with nausea or anything--i add it to his dry kibble. though, i've heard from others that some dogs

it's a commitment--once they start on the oral neoplasene, it's a lifetime commitment (i wasn't aware of this when i decided to go this route) and it's pretty expensive (about $250/bottle, which lasts about 5 months).

the founder is a bit of a jerk. i called him because i was worried about managing the wound, and he basically screamed at me that i wasn't doing things "right," even though i tried to explain to him my situation: that i live alone, i work a full time job, and that it was exceptionally difficult to bandage my dog (pugs have a very odd body shape--broad shoulders with atiny waist--so it was like putting a bandage on a big cone!) i was feeling bad enough about my poor pooch and his pain and did not appreciate being yelled at! my advice to you is have your vet call him to ask your questions!

i'm glad i did it overall. though managing the wound was difficult and it was not cheap, i still feel the recovery time was much shorter than surgery would have been and he didn't need to have radiation or chemo. and hopefully it will keep any remaining cells at bay!

good luck, and i hope this helps anyone considering this treatment.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:43 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Welcome to the board and thanks for the post, liltraveler. I'm so glad the treatment seems to be successful for your boy How long ago did your dog start treatment? Please keep us posted with his progress!

I've heard similar comments about the founder. The consensus seems to be that he's a bit lacking in people skills. But if the neoplasene treatment works, I guess I could put up with a little attitude.

Old November 25th, 2009, 10:26 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltraveler View Post
they injected my dog's tumor and within 48 hours, his tumor fell off, leaving a gaping hole.
Really ? Because I read that it takes more than one treatment.

was it expensive ? not the meds but the injection , and was your dog on any pain killer ? how was he feeling after the injection ? do you have any pictures ?

sorry for all the questions but , most people come in this thread and post about it but never come back to update or to show us how it worked out.
Old November 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Really ? Because I read that it takes more than one treatment.

was it expensive ? not the meds but the injection , and was your dog on any pain killer ? how was he feeling after the injection ? do you have any pictures ?

sorry for all the questions but , most people come in this thread and post about it but never come back to update or to show us how it worked out.
you can see pictures of my little girl's treatment at the link i posted above (repeated here) they show the open wound so are not for the easily grossed out.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...die/?start=all

the total treatment including 2 injections, topical treatments, oral neo, Tramadol prescriptions, vet visits and rechecks was somewhere between $1-1.5K. this was compared to the $13K the same veterinary hospital quoted for MRI ($2k), Surgery ($3k), and followup Radiation ($8k). you definitely could tell she was in pain after the injections with whining and whimpering.

my old computer crashed so i lost pictures after day 19, but we did several more topical applications directly in the wound area after these pictures were taken because our Vet said there was still some visible malignant tissue.

we also did oral Neoplasene for about 2 months. our Vet did not say it needed to be continued indefinitely.

Maddie is doing fine now. she has a quarter sized spot with no fur where the tumor used to be.

let me know if you have any other questions.

edit: i also got yelled at by Dr. Fox when i called with some questions

Last edited by Maddies-Dad; November 30th, 2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old November 30th, 2009, 02:34 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

So good to hear that Maddie is doing so well! Thanks for the information and the update, Maddie's-Dad! We get so few complete stories!

Old November 30th, 2009, 09:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddies-Dad View Post
you definitely could tell she was in pain after the injections with whining and whimpering.
Did the tramadol help with her pain ? How long did she seem to be in pain ?

Thank you so much for the explanations and pictures. Neoplasene is something I am very curious about , having lost 2 of my goldens to cancer , with tumors that couldn't be operated on.

the thing that makes me think twice is the pain it brings to them. And the lack of infos about the treatments. I tried to find out from the company , if they got orders from Quebec's vets , so I could talk to a vet in my area that knew about the treatment and all they said was to tell my vet to contact them. That's not the answer I was looking for.*

I'm very happy to know that Maddie is doing good !
Old December 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Did the tramadol help with her pain ? How long did she seem to be in pain ?
I'm sure the tramadol helped, but even with that she was still obviously uncomfortable. For the injections it seemed to last ~12-18hrs. For the topical it seemed to last until we cleaned it off and re-bandaged the wound (10-12 hrs). Maddie was definitely a trooper through it all
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM

My experiences with Sarcoma Salve

I thought I'd share my experiences with the Sarcoma salve since I've used them on 3 species and had different results.

My first experience was used on our ferret, Jade. She had an aggressive Sarcoma on her back the size of a golf ball. This had been surgically removed 3 times prior and we decided to try a different route. I was referred to a great oncologist in Phoenix and we started with some oral holistic treatments. With the tumor still growing and now ulcerated, we started the salve. She screamed bloody murder upon it's first application. The salve was applied and then a guaze pad with the Wound Balm on it. She was wrapped and sent home. We kept her slightly sedated with some Metacam the first night as ferrets can get out of anything when they want to. 24 hours later, she was bathed (with baby shampoo) and the the tumor had turned black at the center, gray outer and a red ring. It was the most foul thing I've ever smelled. I again reapplied the wound balm and bandaged her up. I reapplied the salve every other day and the wound balm was used upon every bandage change. After the first application, she didn't have much of a problem with the salve being applied. I had a much harder time after the first 2 days keeping a bandage on her and in turn the tumor remained drier and took a bit longer to slough off. I looked like a big black scabs where chunks would come off, the remaining open sore would ooze blood periodically. After about a month and half, the tumor that was about 1/4 her own body mass was completely gone, a healthy pink crater remained. Continuing the wound balm, the site was completely healed in about 10 days which I found astonishing. She's been cancer free for over 3 years now.

I had a cancerous tumor on my arm and opted to try the salve instead of the out patient procedure for it's removal. I applied the salve and a bandaid. Within about 10 min, the site began to burn quite a bit. I took a sleeping pill, held some ice on it and dozed til morning. The following morning, I was in a great deal of pain and upon removing the bandage, a hole was left behind straight to the bone. I went in to the doctor and was given multiple pain medication and antibiotics. The pain pills did absolutely nothing. The pain was similar to the shingles I've had in the past where it feels like more of a nerve pain than anything else and thus, not much helps with the pain. The cancer is gone, but I have a rather large scar.

My 3rd experience has been with my 13 year old dog, Kaylee. She's a terrier mix about 40 pounds and had a tumor about 5" in diameter near her 'arm pit' on her front left leg. The tumor was getting in the way and we were warned that cutting into the tumor usually caused the cancer the spread and given Kaylees age, the surgery would be risky and expensive. I requested that we try the salve despite the doctor saying this was the largest tumor she's ever tried the salve on. We applied topically and saw little graying 24 hours later. The tumor was then injected with the salve and still, we saw very little change. After 3 weeks, we cut the tumor open and a large quantity of the tumor had died inside was discharged upon the cutting. We applied topically. I noticed her appetite was decreasing more and more. She had been taking tramadol and another holistic supplement to control bleeding. They added in appetite stimulants and anti-nausea meds and nothing helped. She started throwing up and couldn't keep anything down. Bloodwork indicated she had severe pancreatitis. We stopped treatment and she had to be hospitalized. We were concerned the cancer had spread and did more bloodwork and biopsies. All clear. The cancer was only in the arm. The doctor had never seen pancreatitis caused by the salve but didn't rule it out. After 2 months of off and on hospitalization, the began encouraging me to put her to sleep. I stopped all medication and started using some holistic supplements from Azmira that were specifically for cancer, pancreatic issues and blood and lymphnode detox. I noticed a drastic difference in just a couple days. She's now fully recovered from the pancreatitis and is continuing to get the Azmira products twice daily. We restarted the salve on a much more spread out basis of every other week. She cries for about 3 hours after application. The tumor comes off a bit, it bleeds alot and after about a week, I really notice that the tumor has gone down in size. The tumor is now almost gone. This entire process has been a rather messy one with Kaylee. The tumor is rather vascular and 'juicy' as the vet put it. It bleeds and oozes quite a bit. I was concerned about the amount at first and was assured it was normal. She requires 2-3 bandage changes a day still.

A few things I've learned in my experience that may help you:
-Give a pain med about an hour before application
-Once the tumor has begun to die, change the bandage frequently, I noticed this helps with comfort and it helps keep the body from reabsorbing the dead tissue.
-Keep the area moist with wound balm. This speeds up the process
-If they really struggle with the burn and application, ask your vet about topical lidocaine to help ease the initial burn.
-Apply ice packs over the bandage after application to ease pain and swelling. This stuff really BURNS for the first bit!

Hope this helps!
Old March 12th, 2017, 02:19 PM

Neoplasene treatment--Day 1

Hello All.
Just in case it may be of use to anyone we are starting our 10 y/o blue heeler/terrier mix on Neoplasene (oral-1 ml/day+) today. I know many people are curious about this cancer treatment as we have been. Our dog Annie was diagnosed with bladder cancer at the end of January. We started her on the vet's recommended path of chemo and Deramax. Annie had 3 chemo treatments and the vet said that the tumor was growing. The tumor is inoperable; radiation is not a viable option; the vaccine and electroporation chemo may still be an option but since chemo didn't work the first 3 times we've not put this at the top of the list as options to prioritize...
We have combed through all options.
Neoplasene seems like the last option and we're just hoping that we didn't wait too long...

When we learned of Neoplasene we were intrigued but decided to give the chemo a chance. We're now wishing we would've started with Neoplasene but it is as it is at this point.

Earlier this week Annie was not eating well so we've been trying to build her appetite. The allopathic vet told us to just keep her comfortable;

Just yesterday Annie ate enough that we thought it was time to start the Neoplasene...so we started this am. We should also say that we found a holistic vet who has recommended a regimen of supportive herbs, foods, etc. This vet has also done Neoplasene and says that she's seen internal cancer cured before...she didn't give us hope but said that she's seen its effectiveness.

If it's ok we'd like to chronicle Annie's journey with Neoplasene here to help educate us and hopefully others. We are very (cautiously) hopeful that this can help!!!
We have our fingers crossed!!!
I will post only once a week with an update.
Thanks.
Kim
Old March 12th, 2017, 02:33 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Best wishes for Annie's treatment! Will say a few prayers for her. And please do keep us updated on her progress.