Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Free Stuff is Good Stuff - Pets.ca's freecycling forum

Old November 5th, 2010, 08:43 AM
~Cat Servent~

good idea TT! 14+, you're a great writer! You should get a letter written up about what you do (include that you are beginning the process of becoming a charity) and email it to all the companies you can think of! I bet lots of food/litter companies would love to help you out, stuff like that is great word of mouth advertising for them!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old November 5th, 2010, 10:39 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
good idea TT! 14+, you're a great writer! You should get a letter written up about what you do (include that you are beginning the process of becoming a charity) and email it to all the companies you can think of! I bet lots of food/litter companies would love to help you out, stuff like that is great word of mouth advertising for them!
Funny, Mary from the vets' just said basically the same thing when she phoned to ask me to take a couple semi ferals in. As in I should be writing all the pet food companies with my story and seeing what they will do. That will take a while. Guess I better start looking for pet food addresses.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 5th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Animals Are My Life <3

I went to their websites and emailed them directly. Some did not offer anything, but most sent FPCs
Old November 5th, 2010, 03:01 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Funny, Mary from the vets' just said basically the same thing when she phoned to ask me to take a couple semi ferals in. As in I should be writing all the pet food companies with my story and seeing what they will do. That will take a while. Guess I better start looking for pet food addresses.
If you type one out then you can just copy and paste and then save it. All you would have to do is maybe change a bit of the wording here and there.
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:10 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
If you type one out then you can just copy and paste and then save it. All you would have to do is maybe change a bit of the wording here and there.
LOL Exactly what I would do. What Mary said was that I should take pictures of the Catuary and send them along with my story. I know there's lots of pics of everything on here so I need to spend some time looking. That's what will take a while. LP took a good pic when she was here. I will find and use it.

I'd rather send letters to the companies than email them. I feel it gives a better feel when they have something cohesive to hold on to.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM

Hi,
I have two Science Diet coupons I'd be happy to mail to someone. It's for $7 off any Science Diet cat or dog food 3lb or larger. Expiry: December 31, 2011.
Old February 5th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
LOL Exactly what I would do. What Mary said was that I should take pictures of the Catuary and send them along with my story. I know there's lots of pics of everything on here so I need to spend some time looking. That's what will take a while. LP took a good pic when she was here. I will find and use it.

I'd rather send letters to the companies than email them. I feel it gives a better feel when they have something cohesive to hold on to.
14+ The Cat Fancy Mag runs a story about people who take care of Ferals almost every month now. Maybe u would write to them. They even run stories about feeding raw.

I wish I could find coupons to send u, but I haven't seen any. I'll keep looking though.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old February 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM

There are usually free sample bags in petstores, some are just sitting on the shelves labelled free sample, some you have to ask the store sales people/cashier about free samples.

I got 3 bags of grainless kibbles this way (smallest bag is 0.25lb and largest a bit over half a pound) already in 2 months. I don't feed a lot of kibble so those bags will last me at least a few months.
Old February 15th, 2011, 05:38 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
14+ The Cat Fancy Mag runs a story about people who take care of Ferals almost every month now. Maybe u would write to them. They even run stories about feeding raw.

I wish I could find coupons to send u, but I haven't seen any. I'll keep looking though.
Thanks TQ. I'll look into it.
It's ok if you can't send any. You've got a gang of your own to feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
I got 3 bags of grainless kibbles this way (smallest bag is 0.25lb and largest a bit over half a pound) already in 2 months. I don't feed a lot of kibble so those bags will last me at least a few months.
I get those samples when I go to the pet store. Around here that lasts maybe a minute.

Old February 15th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ Walmart has Fancey Feast on sale this week for 50 cents a can. I think u were using Fancy Feast on some of your cats? I don't know if it's the better selections of Fancy Feast or the regular kinds though.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:15 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
14+ Walmart has Fancey Feast on sale this week for 50 cents a can. I think u were using Fancy Feast on some of your cats? I don't know if it's the better selections of Fancy Feast or the regular kinds though.
Thanks TQ! Will check it out. Pate ones aren't that bad.

Old February 16th, 2011, 08:18 PM

hey 14+ here is another link I found http://www.trinatural.com/cat-food-coupons.php

if you pm me your mailing address, I can send you whatever coupons I get (I get grocery coupons mailed to me, and sometimes there is cat food or litter coupons).
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:52 PM

I received an email where you can get a free purina kitten or puppy kit with a free sample. You just have to register...

http://www.purina.ca/about/breederve...=breederkitten

Hope it helps someone.
Old March 9th, 2011, 06:30 PM

not sure if anyone uses this, and it may be just for dogs, but its for NVI frozen raw diets..

http://www.acreaturecomfort.com/COUPONS.htm
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:52 PM

great idea!

Thanks for the great idea concerning going to the pet food store and asking to buy damaged/thorn up or returned bags of cat/dog food.
The bumped cans are also a good idea...
i had not taught of that!

In the event that they don't want to sell them to me, i will suggest donating them to our local animal shelter, or local food bank, for those needy who may have pets...

I will be visiting my local pet feed store right tomorrow!

sandyrivers
Elphin April 21st 2008 m -cat
Stibule(Gino,Airell,Katla,Rasta)June 6th 2009 f- cat
Gino Ferrero April 8th 2010 m -cat
Airell Awenn Awnfenn Ep Berrth April 8th 2010 f- cat
Katla Chilam Balam April 8th 2010 f- cat
Rasta Farian Marley April 9th 2010 m- cat
Chipcat-Filou found June 12th 2011 (Ocicat 6months old) f-cat
Jane the Snow Cat rescued Dec27th 2012 f- cat