Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 11th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Horrible boarding pet care in Beaumont!

Hi Everybody,
I just joined this forum looking for some advice from you guys who probably know better than me how to proceed in this case.

Couple of weeks ago I travelled with my husband out of the country to visit my family (I'm not american) I left my 5 months old puppy at this place in Beaumont, CA. I thought this was a good place and also was affordable for us, we were leaving for more than 2 weeks. Days ago we came back from LAX and went to pick him up but she first didn't want to give us back our dog when we arrived because she said they needed to wash him and he was already "wet". We told her we didn't care he was dirty or wet and after discussing for 10 minutes she brought our puppy and I couldn't recognize him anymore, he looked depressed and sick! his bed and favorite toys that we brought for him were damaged and smelling terrible! We still paid more than 200 dollars and went back home to wash him. There I found ticks, fleas and he has a big hurt in the chest. He is not the same anymore, he doesn't play with us, with his toys, and he is just sleeping all the day. He also cannot tolerate light, he closes his eyes in the garden, probably she had him inside a cage or a dark room all the time. When we first arrived to leave our dog, this woman told us to not worry and everything was fine, and that our dog will tell us later for himself how he was treated. She was right, he is not the same anymore and we can only imagine how he lived there.

I would like to warn another people about this place, and also I want to know if there is any kind of animal association that can go to her place and check the sanitary conditions. She has many many dogs inside, you can hear them barking and most of them are in cages in very bad conditions.

Do you guys know what can I do in this case? Any institution that protects animals and living conditions? We pay her to take care of our dogs and she does the opposite, still there is people that don't realize because she gives them a good wash before giving them back, taking away the ticks and fleas so the owners never know what really happened to their dogs.

Thanks a lot for any input!
Patricia.