Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old August 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Almo Nature

I have a free sample of canned cat food (supplemental feeding only!!) with pumpkin in it:

Almo Nature - Chicken with Pumpkin

I am going to try it with my kitties to see if they like it. I may be a good treat for those cats who have digestive issues.

http://www.almonatureuk.com/

Ingredients: chicken 70%, pumpkin 5%, cooking broth 24%, rice 1%.

Pumpkin is loaded with Vitamin A and antioxidant carotenoids, particularly alpha and betacarotenes. It’s a good source of Vitamins C, K, and E. Mashed pumpkin is a good natural remedy for constipation. Since it’s very rich of fibre, it often helps with upset stomach or indigestion.

Rich in fibre and anti-oxidants, it helps to eliminate ingested hair (hairballs). Also adapted for overweight cats.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey

Last edited by Love4himies; August 1st, 2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM

Yesterday I visited a new pet supplies store just a five minute drive from home. It's cramped but the staff seem quite knowledgeable and they have loads of interesting things in stock. I bought a couple of cans of Evo for my three Himmies - I've been looking for Evo for ages and I'm happy that I found it so close to home.

The store also stocks Almo - which I had never heard of until now (I'm glad I found your post here). I bought a small can of Salmon, which I'll give to my cats as a treat this afternoon. I didn't really pay any attention to the other flavours that the store might have in stock.

How did your cats like the Almo? Are you still feeding it to them? What are your thoughts on this variety in general?
Old November 23rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Hi DougG, I opted to feed my cats Nature's Variety Instinct, Wellness grain free and Ogranics by Nature. My co worker does feed her kitties Almo and they love it. Not sure on the different varieties.

I do like that they have some with pumpkin in it for kitties that need the extra fibre:

http://www.almonature.co.uk/cat_index.php?lng=3

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
chronically insane.

At my store we just started stocking this new brand called Fruitables

http://www.fruitablespetfood.com/fru..._cinnamon.html

Pumpkin is very good for animals apparently. But people on here have been saying that for ages. Seems some companies are catching on though!

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009
Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
~Cat Servent~

I've been giving Palomine AlmoNature chicken and almo tuna and cheese for quite a while now, but those are the only two flavours I've been able to find.... I'll have to see what others my global pet foods can order, the chicken and pumpkin sounds good! When I told the lady at global that there was a tuna and cheese flavour she didnt believe me.... so i got some more while up here at the inlaws to prove it to her! I think it depends on what supplier they use as to what varieties they have access to. At least global will do special orders for you, i like that.

http://www.almonature.co.uk/cat_prod...php?tp=2&lng=3

I'll have to give them this web site..... I cant believe all the choices!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M

Last edited by krdahmer; November 23rd, 2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:46 AM

Just a little update, over the past couple of weeks I've bought a few small cans of the Chicken Drumstick, Salmon, Salmon & Chicken, and Tuna varieties of Almo Nature.

Boy, do my three Himalayans LOVE this stuff - they just gobble it up, every bowl licked clean. Lip-smackin' good.

The meat consists of small chunks and flakes in broth - it looks and smells very good just like you'd cooked it yourself, and seems to be very high quality. I'm impressed.

The cans say "occasional feeding only", which is fine by me, as I only intend to feed it to them as a treat every other day or so.

One thing I'm not sure of, is the Almo website lists rice as an ingredient, for example, the Chicken Drumstick ingredients are listed as "Chicken drumstick 75%, cooking water 24%, rice 1%" however on the cans I have, the only ingredients listed are "chicken and water sufficient for cooking", no mention of rice.

In any case this is a terrific treat food, rice or no rice (such a tiny amount anyway), and I love watching my three enjoy little piggies eating it with gusto.
Old December 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM

DougG glad to see your babies like the Almo
Old March 6th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Slave to Tonks

I know this is an old thread but I hate starting a new one if there's a similar topic.

I picked up my kitty food today and they gave me 3 small samples. My boys devoured the chicken and pumpkin as well as the tuna and shrimp. They LOVED it. The bowls were licked completely clean.
Old March 7th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Jasper loves the chicken and pumpkin too.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old March 7th, 2009, 10:16 PM

Katie loves Almo so much that she chases me