Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Senior Contributor

online dating

I know of people that have found someone on online dating sites. I have been a bit skepital of them. Has or does anyone use a dating site?

I have heard that eharmoney and Lavalife are the good ones. However I don't want to pay a fortune a month for a page.

Anyone on any of these sites or another site? do you like it? pros/cons.

I am passed the bar/partying scene. I work alot and don't go out as much as a used too. So, it is hard to find a guy.

ACO22
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Senior Contributor

my sister met and married the man she found online, ended up just on the outskirts of our town and we just celebrated their second anniversary, I think you have to be quite honest with the op , cautious of course and don't be in a rush to meet face to face
Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Garden nut

Well I met my man 10 yrs ago online, but it wasn't through a dating site. We met on an online game actually. lol Started out as friends then it blossomed.

One of my brothers also found his wife online, but they didn't meet in a singles/dating thing either. But I don't know the whole story. They got married a few years back.

It can work, but there's a LOT of duds before finding a good one. Many out there are only interested in sex and flings and lie a lot just to get some. The good ones are found in places where you can volunteer your time, like in a Chamber of Commerce group meeting for like city planning, fundraisers, art/music, large events. I met so many interesting people when I worked in a downtown revitalization non-profit group and was a secretary to organize fundraising events and monthly meetings of all the committees. Especially the fancy dress parties when all the rich/important town people showed up.

Also the best ones are maybe perhaps not the ones you feel a sudden attraction to, and start out only as friends. In my opinion you gotta have that good friendship before ever starting a romance.
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper
Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Animal lover!

I met my hubby on plentyoffish.com and it's worked out great. It's a free site so just beware that there are some creepy people on there. Some just interested in a one night stand etc... you just have to be really selective and weed them out.

Be honest in your profile and you might just be surprised who you will find or who will find you!
Colby - 1 year old DMH
Rudy - 1 year old DSH
Domino and Daisy - 6 month old DSHs
Cooper - 3 year old Yorkie
Max - 2 year old Bernese Mountain Dog
and countless other foster kitties along the way!

R.I.P. Baby, the best kitty ever
R.I.P. Anthony 'Three Tails' Gambino aka Tony - Betta
Old June 23rd, 2009, 07:53 PM

My friend met her boyfriend online. They live together now. I'm not sure what site, though - I will ask! I thought Lavalife was free for women??

I know there are some dating sites for pet lovers out there - datemypet.com, mustlovepets.com, etc. Don't know anything about them, but my opinion (for what it's worth) is that a more targeted site might be better for finding someone with common interests.

Either way, good luck!
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybeanrocks View Post
I met my hubby on plentyoffish.com and it's worked out great. It's a free site so just beware that there are some creepy people on there. Some just interested in a one night stand etc... you just have to be really selective and weed them out.

Be honest in your profile and you might just be surprised who you will find or who will find you!
Yes, be careful. I've met some nice guys, but more often I've met some real jerks.

Plentyoffish.com
OKcupid.com
Cupid.com

Those are just some. The first two are free, the last is free but to send emails you have to join.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/