Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old December 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Slave to the Kitties

Hoping the meds from the health food store work for Brownie also.
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:09 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thank you edwina. So do I. It has not been a bundle of fun for Brownie. He hates Mommy putting that darn pill in his mouth every day. Keeping my fingers crossed. He was playing with a ball today for a while. Even chased it across the kitchen.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 5th, 2009, 03:21 PM
~Cat Servent~

Really hope the meds help, Fagan hated getting his pills at first too, but now it's a cinch, the more often you do it the less fighty they get.
Playing has got to be a good sign....any more info from the vet? When does he go back again?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Live well, laugh often

Good luck with the milk thistle and others. Just a note that Denosyl (SamE) should be given on an empty tummy for maximum usefullness. I usually give it to Lucy at least one hour before her dinner.

I have also had great results with using nux-vomica for Lucy on the recommendation of our homeopathic vet. It helps to detoxify the liver and also helps to control nausea which is often a problem for liver conditions.

Old December 7th, 2009, 12:22 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriM View Post
Good luck with the milk thistle and others. Just a note that Denosyl (SamE) should be given on an empty tummy for maximum usefullness. I usually give it to Lucy at least one hour before her dinner.

I have also had great results with using nux-vomica for Lucy on the recommendation of our homeopathic vet. It helps to detoxify the liver and also helps to control nausea which is often a problem for liver conditions.

Thanks Teri. I had read on a site that SAM-e should be taken on an empty belly. It hasn't come in yet. Will be here later in the week. Right now Brownie is getting LiverTone from OmegaAlpha. It has Milk thistle seed, Burdock, Artemisia capillaris, Gardenia jasminoidis , Dandelion , and Bupleurum chinense in it so I am not giving him just the plain Milk Thistle. He has been taking it (relunctantly ) for 3 days now. I was hoping he would lap it up as it has a chicken stock base but nope. So I have to syringe it into him. He is on this for a month. I am hoping to see some major changes when he goes back for his blood work on the 16th. He is still on Prednisone. 1/2 pill every second day to wean him off. He does not seem to have nausea any more. I know he did at first because he was doing a lot of gulping and that funny swallowing they do. But now he doesn't do it.
I will need to do more research on which ones I can give in combination with others. I don't want to over dose Brownie when he is doing so well. He is playing with toys and me. He has even somewhat made friends with all of the house kitties but Dayle. She's a bit stand offish still.

kr - The vet doesn't have any more info for me. I will see her on the 16th. After that it's waiting with bated breath to see what numbers the blood work comes up with. I am just hoping she is still not going to tell me I should put him down. I will for sure be looking for a new vet then.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!