Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 10th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Senior Contributor

and here's a pic of him from a week ago or so

this is him with their other cat, sugar. Sugar is 13 I believe ....sugar's expression is too funny lol

Name:  aladdin&sugar.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  28.1 KB

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:02 PM
-

Onster....wait times at Spay Central are long....tell your friend it might be a good idea to book an appt now as she will probably have to wait a spell.....needles and m/chip costs are on the link that Rainbow provided.

Ethel had the b/f's cat done there and with needles and chip, I think it was around $85-$100.
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Senior Contributor

ok I will do that for sure, thanks again!

I know that if he starts spraying the house it would not be tolerated but i reall wanna try figuring out how old he is when i see him...she said 8 weeks but i *know* thats impossible. I think I got bunduk done when he was around 5 months..but i also know some vets will do way earlier than that, ill probably call spay central and ask what age they like to do the neuter at

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:12 PM
-

Your first post about this little guy Onster was May 28th, assuming he was around 5 weeks, that makes him in and around 4 months, take into consideration the wait time for an appt and he will be 5/6 months...some people like to wait longer I think, but 5/6 months is ok.
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onster View Post
I just wanted to update on this lil guy, he is doing well. I saw him briefly yesterday but from outside the house (he was waiting for his mom at the window). What a cutie patootie is all I can say!

The friend and her sis are away on holiday now so its just the mom (who knows my mom). We went to a community event yesterday and she was telling me she was having difficulty clipping his nails and him scratching furniture. She also asked bout the cost of neutering etc, i told her about spay central, she was very excited (thanks again chris!).

I'm gonna go visit sometime this week hopefully (prolly thursday) and will update again then

I have a Q, since he hasnt had any kitten vaccines at all, if he goes to spay central can he just get the annual vaccines? Also whats the normal cost of neutering at a normal clinic, does anyone know? Also wait times to get an apptment at spay central? I just wanna pass on all the possible info i can to her
I had my newest kitty neutered at Beechmount this year, I just checked my bill and it was $173.25, not including taxes and the $70 exam fee.
Old August 10th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Onster,here is a pic of Vinnie at approx,10-12 weeks old,he was really tiny,also found in an industrial area.
He was 6 months before he was neutered,my vet at the time did not do it earlier.
Attached Images

Old August 10th, 2009, 04:53 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

TCR neuters at 6 months. My vet does it at 3 pounds. The first vet I went to when I started my journey did 6 months. This new vet does it when you can trap the cat. Doesn't seem to matter to her. But then she will abort right up to the last minute too. It seems every place is different.

Shop around for the best cost. The highest I have paid is $173 but that was only for the spaying. No shots, no nothing.
He's a cutie. Looks a little smaller than the new one I have that is supposed to be 10 weeks.
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM

Having a new kitten can confused you or ask some question on how to raise them. But having that is a blessing kittens for me are the most lovable creatures and magical creatures.
Old August 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Senior Contributor

I dunno if it was mentioned (I didn't see anything) but tuna is actually not a great protein source for cats in general. I don't really feel like posting specifics (info is easily found on google) but it's actually recommended not even to feed fish based cat foods (a little fish is fine, just not foods that are mainly fish).