Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old June 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Harry,he is a beautiful dogtons of andfor his safe return
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:47 PM

Thank you. Put more posters up, and searched the construction site. No luck. He is still missing. Second night without him. Not sure what my next step is. We are speaking to a lot of people, it's like he just vanished. I called every vet in Markham to let them know he is missing, I call the Markham and Scarborough animal services twice a day. I know its only the second day but we baby him, I even stroke his head to sleep some nights, can't imagine him being able to live on his own out there. I really hope he is with a caring family. We miss him a lot and want him back.
Old June 25th, 2008, 11:45 PM
-

Good luck, Harry.
Old June 26th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Owned by goldens

Lost Golden Retriever

I always suggest to people that they visit the shelters themselves to make sure their dog is not there.
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry you lost your dog, there's still couple of things you can do to find him...

advertise him in your local paper with his picture mentioning reward.

Also, contact some radio stations, tell them what happened and ask them to announce it on the radio.

Put up posters at local dogparks, talk to the people in the parks to tell them what happened.

Keep pounding on doors, asking if they found or saw your dog. Contact rescue groups, spca's, vets, dog trainers, everyone and anyone who may have anything to do with the animal industry.

Walk around, call his name..jingle his leash, squeek his favorite toy, maybe he will come out of hiding if he hears these things. You will also create some attention to yourself when your doing this, but take the opportunity to tell the people that you lost your dog and hand them a poster.

If there's a mall near your place, put posters on windows of the cars, do it at the construction site as well

I hope this helps..

Last edited by poodletalk; June 26th, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am wondering if you went out at night when it is quiet and called his name if you would hear him bark again. Then you may be able to pin point where he is?

Good luck, I hope you find him soon.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:57 PM

I am going to go back out tonight and search for him again, and keep putting posters up. I am also going to knock on more doors. Anbu isn't the kind of dog that would hide, he needs to be around people all the time, I don't see him running into a forest or something unless he is hurt and stuck, or do dogs do that sometimes when they are scared and lonely, even a golden retriever? I tried screaming his name and saying his favorite words; "Anbu, come lets go". But no luck. I put him up on almost every animal lost and found website, also Kijiji, and craig's list. Anyone who is even a little bit computer savvy will be able to locate me if he has Anbu, and if he wants to give him back. Having him around is starting to feel like a dream, like it wasn't real. My hope is dieing but I wont give up.
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:03 PM
-

Don't ever give up, Harry.....and as coppperbelle said you must go to the shelters/pounds in person every few days as they are not always reliable with information over the phone.

Good luck.......I hope you find Anbu soon.
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:04 PM

I got an email today here is what it reads:

hello i found your dog on a roadside and i have been looking for the owner of the dog if you are the owner kindly mail back to me and give me details about the dog...such as the pictures and where the dog was last seen and the area ...so that i confirm it if it's yours or not...

Hope to read from you.....

I really hope this is not a scam, I was feeling extra down today and this email lifted my spirits up. I'm not going to tell my family or my GF (who has been crying her eyes out) about the email just in case it is a scam.
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:08 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

i really hope it's him Harry....
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:16 PM

Harry that it is him. I know the heartache you feel but don't give up.
Old June 26th, 2008, 09:21 PM
-

omg I hope it's him !
Old June 26th, 2008, 11:26 PM

scam

I thanks god ..that i finally found the owner of the dog because i am tired of taking care of the dog and why are you people so careless about your pets..so but for now...i am not in the country for now....but the dog is with my sister ..she is the one take of the dog ....and i have also contact her about it...she was so happy ....so she said she will be willing to ship the dog back to you so what you will have to do now is to send the money for the shipping and the money i have been using to take care of the pet ..and i also wish i get a reward for this if you get your pet back.....

Hope to read from you........

I emailed him back a piece of my mind and this is what he had to say:

am a rich guy ...
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG,people are just simply evil sometimes
Harry don't loose hope,there are also a lot of wonderful people out therefor Anbus return home
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:13 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

hmmm sounds alot like the idiot who contacted Onster about bunduk. Some people are a good example of why abortion should be retro- active.
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Senior Contributor

If you've got the stomach for it, string the along a bit. Let him think you're willing to fork over big bucks for your dog. These are criminals, well-organized and completely heartless.

I was looking for - but can't find - the web address of a woman in Ontario who posted some horses for sale a few years ago and started to seriously scam the scammers, stringing them along until they sent her the phony cheque (which costs them money), then hanging them out to dry.
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:44 AM

I know they're cruel, but I kind of figured it might be a scam and prepared myself for it. After I emailed him back I did think it would have been a better idea to string them along, maybe tell them that the reward was $25000 or something in that nature, get them excited and then burst their bubble, like what they did to me. But its pointless because in the end no one will benefit from it. I wouldn't mind doing it if it resulted in them being punished for their actions (Arrested for fraud, charged, etc). These guys are low lives who end up living horrible short lives.

My mom told me that sometimes we have to take a deep breath and let go. I always realize that things happen for a reason, and things always work out for the better. I miss Anbu so much, but he is the type of dog that would get along with anyone. He loves children and would want to run towards them when he saw them on one of our walks. Anyone with a tennis ball was his new best friend. I'm sure he is safe, and in a wonderful home.

I am going to continue knocking door to door today, and put up more posters.
Thanks for all the support
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:54 AM
-

Harry don't give up it has only been a few days so far. For your info as of July 1st the OSPCA in Newmarket in taking over the Animal Control Contract for Markham. I have already mentioned Anbu to my daughter and she will check daily once they assume the contract. Their building is on Woodbine Avenue just south of Mulock Drive. Did you check with The Kennel Inn in Aurora?
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
hmmm sounds alot like the idiot who contacted Onster about bunduk. Some people are a good example of why abortion should be retro- active.
I thought so too aslan, it gave me a horrible flash back. Same style of language.

Harry I reaaly hope u find ure dog, he is so beautiful.

I know how u feel, I had one cat go missing (my fault I guess he was indoor-outdoor before I knew better) who was never found. I recieved my share of prank calls about him though.

Also, earlier in the year my indoor kitty Bunduk ran out and was 'found' by 'someone' who communicated with me much in the same style as the creep who had ure dog. In my case though he was in the city and actually dropped my cat off in the middle of a busy intersection when the person who found him got scared
Old June 27th, 2008, 10:12 AM

Thanks chris, I called the Kennel-Inn in Aurora and both times they gave me the number to paws Animal Services when I told them Anbu went missing from Markham. I'm going to make a trip to paws animal services today, its in Whitby which is about a 45 minute drive from Markham.
Old June 27th, 2008, 10:15 AM

onster, so the guy who contacted you and wanted you to send him money actually did have your cat?
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:26 PM
-

Harrry, Onster lives in the Kitchener/Waterloo area so I doubt that it's the same guy. Unfortuneately, there are alot of 's like him everywhere.

Good luck......I hope you locate Anbu soon.
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Harry, sorry I didnt mean to give the wrong impression when I said it was similar, I meant the broken english etc but not the actual content.
Also the person who found my guy put up a poster with his picture as "found" so I knew he had him.

These people that contacted you are 100% scammers, just delete their emails- totally heartless of them. Definately if someone says there are in another country and u have to pay for shipping the animal back etc etc is it a scammer.

Dont give up hope, many people have found their pets after some time
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:09 AM

thanks onster, I thought for a second that these guys might have actually had Anbu. I got a call today from a lady in my area who said her grand daughter had seen my dog, so I obviously went to investigate. The little girl had told me that he ran into the forest (which is not a large of an area as it sounds), so I gathered a group of friends and went in. We called for anbu and searched the area but no luck. The girl then came running to me and told me that what she saw might have been a deer.

Also, I went to paws animal services today. I think they are the most unorganized, unprofessional business I have ever seen. When I drove into their 1000 square feet center I was greeted with an unfriendly worker who didn't want me coming inside for some reason. They had 3 barbecue machines operating, looked like a party. I told him that I was missing a golden and asked him if he could take down some information in case one comes in. So the worker went back into the building and came out with a brown paper napkin and a pen to write down Anbu's description???? I asked him if he wanted a poster instead and walked away knowing that they would probably never find my dog.
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:13 AM

Onster, where abouts in kitchener/waterloo do you live. I go to Wilfrid Laurier University so I'm familiar with that area.
Old June 28th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh Harry,I'm so sorry:sad:
A large beautiful dog like Anbu has to have been spotted somewhere,unless he ran into some nearby wilderness.
Seeing he's a people-friendly dog,I would think he would seek out people
Whatever you and your family do,don't give up on Anbu,he's somewhere out there,maybe even in somebodies home.
We have members with much loved pups missing,Sable,Spencer and Billie,Sable for more than a year,but there is always hope they will one day be returned.
Anbu has been lost for such a short time,I know it must seem like ages to you,but keep the hope going,that you'll find himas are we
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Senior Contributor

I live in Waterloo, beechwood area, actually go to UW

How big of a radius have u put posters up in? I would keep talking to people, going around and keeping it fresh in their minds. Someone may be holding on to Anbu as he's such a sweet dog but then pressure builds up when eveyrone around them knows theres a missing dog with the same description. Also, there was a lost pet not too long ago that was found by an elderly woman and it wasnt until her son came to visit her that he was able to look at the tags of the dog (too fine print for the woman). I mean it really hasnt been that long ( I know it feels like it)

Paws animal services sounds horrible
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Doggie Wench

Harry, did you put up a "lost" posting on the Toronto Humane Society's website? Many Rescues/shelters will allow you to do so. Any dog parks in your area?

Anbu is reunited with you soon.
Old June 28th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Doggie Wench

In case you didn't already know, there's a Golden Rescue in Markham. It would be a good idea to contact them asap as well. http://www.golden-rescue.net/
Old June 28th, 2008, 09:56 AM

Thanks luckypenny, I didn't know about the golden rescue in Markham. I called and left a message. Is Toronto Humane Services the same as Toronto Animal Services? I did physically go to them and report Anbu missing. I've been getting calls this morning about found Goldens. One was from Oshawa and one was found here locally in Markham by a nice family. Unfortunately they were both not Anbu. But the calls are lifting my spirits, its nice to know there are caring people out there. The one in Markham is a very beautiful and friendly white golden, his tag said his vet was in Barrie, I'm sure his owners are very concerned about his whereabouts.
I put posters up all around my area, maybe a 5km radius. Many of them are coming off due to the rain, so I'm going to have to print off some more.