Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 4th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Most Persistent Kitten!!

Noella has to be the most persistent, determined little poop of a kitten I've ever had!! Darn good thing she's really cute!

She HAS to be on the counter while I'm doing anything with food, not that she doesn't have enough to eat all the time! I can usually prepare stuff while she's asleep but I swear her ears are tuned into the water running or me getting the milk jug out of the fridge!!

I've lost count on how many times I've dumped her back on the floor in a single episode! I have a squirt bottle of water that sort of works, but you know I leave the bottle on the counter and walk away, the little poop tries to steal the bottle!! She knocked it off the counter a few times yesterday!! I show her the bottle and she just squints her eyes and I swear dares me to give her a squirt!! I think she sees it as a challenge! I was telling my Mom that you can get scat mats that give a bit of a zing, with my luck she'd like it. Or drag it into the bathroom and zap us in the middle of the night!

On the other hand, she's really good. She comes more like a dog when she's called. She's extremely adorable and even when she gets a bit bitey she doesn't bite hard or scratch. She loves lying in front of the heater on her back with her feet all stretched out. She loves riding on my Mom's walker around the house. She's very respectful of Nino and loves harassing Bobee.
Old March 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

, Whoops mean, I am sorry, how frustrating

Puddles always had to watch me work at the counter, so what I did was put a cat stand beside the end of the counter so she could watch from there. Worked like a charm. I think they just like the stimulation of watching you

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

I wonder if that would work?!?! I must admit I get annoyed a bit but then she does something silly...she's hysterical when she's playing in the water. She is fine if she stays at the one end of the counter but it's when she has to actually get in there with you!! I'm thinking she may outgrow it...ya right!!

Bobee and my first cat were soooo much more laid back and quiet kittens, especially Bobee. I can't stay po'd at a kitten that answers when you call her though!!
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Kitty pimp

lol i eventually got that i dint even notice when i put my cat off the counter
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Not to make light of your conundrum but ........ only one kitty? Wanna try it with four - five - six? Normally when I start getting food together Timmy is the first one there. Then Dayle joins him. Mylee likes to come see what I'm cooking. Then Mittens decides he needs a drink at that moment (their mug of water is in the sink). Meowzer is sometimes among them too. He doesn't get too close but he likes to sit and watch. Dart will jump up if he smells something he thinks he may want but his favourite thing is to come see me when I am actually eating and bat at my hand until I give him food. Doesn't matter what. If I have it he wants it. Mylee and Timmy sit at my feet waiting for their food to "accidentally" fall on the floor. Naddy and family are in their room during these times or I would imagine those numbers would be doubled.
Ain't life with cats grand?

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Vinnie can hear when I start getting stuff ready for dinner,he sits at the table on a chair just mesmerized with what I am doing.
He's too big to jump up on the counter,but Chico does,since he drinks out of the faucet ...not a big deal.

I think Noella is just so happy she has a home,she does not want to leave your side
As for coming when you call,all my cats always did,they are pretty smart little guys,you just have to give them time..
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM

My cat Titus got busted once on the counter when he was 6 weeks old, he pulled an entire beef tenderloin off the counter (which we did not even know he could get on!) I made a compromise with him, when I was cooking I would let him lay on my shoulders to see what I was doing/chopping/cooking, and he stays there until he has seen enough and then crawls down my back and finds something more entertaining. I have not lost anything on the counter to the cat since!

I think it is like when you close a door of a room and then the cat wants to get in there so badly even if it is a place they never go in. They just do not want to miss any excitement. I think the idea of a stand might work really well.
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:46 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

She sounds like a lovely little character, pattymac! But I think we need some current pics...whaddya say?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Not to make light of your conundrum but ........ only one kitty? Wanna try it with four - five - six? Normally when I start getting food together Timmy is the first one there. Then Dayle joins him. Mylee likes to come see what I'm cooking. Then Mittens decides he needs a drink at that moment (their mug of water is in the sink). Meowzer is sometimes among them too. He doesn't get too close but he likes to sit and watch. Dart will jump up if he smells something he thinks he may want but his favourite thing is to come see me when I am actually eating and bat at my hand until I give him food. Doesn't matter what. If I have it he wants it. Mylee and Timmy sit at my feet waiting for their food to "accidentally" fall on the floor. Naddy and family are in their room during these times or I would imagine those numbers would be doubled.
Ain't life with cats grand?
OH my I think I would be in kitty heaven

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Coco will jump up when I'm getting their dinners ready. I don't think Nino has ever been on the counter. Bobee will once in awhile to go look out the kitchen window. Right now I'm trying to teach her to just stay at the one end. I'm just concerned that she may walk on a hot stove or get too close to a boiling kettle, cause she's sooo darned noisy!
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Senior Contributor

My Vinnie was a stray and I guess would eat anything,the first day here,we caught him dragging a whole English cucumber down to the basement and started chewing on it..I'll never forget it,sooo cute

No,he does not eat cucumber now
Old March 5th, 2011, 01:05 PM
~Cat Servent~

adorable!!! all of them! I just gave up here and started feeding them on the counter and table! One time we had a bunch of people over and we had ordered pizza, they were on the table closed....Palomine (we called him garbage disposal when we first took him in as he'd eat ANYTHING) managed to open one of the boxes and dragged the entire pizza (minus 1-2 pieces) onto the kitchen floor and proceeded to eat a pepperoni before we could get to him! (the neighbour watched the whole thing....said he wished he had a camera!)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old March 5th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymac View Post
I don't think Nino has ever been on the counter.
That's my boy.

I had to laugh Patty because my Winnie is like your Noella. Very persistant, into everything that you are doing. So noisy it isn't funny at times. I have the same worry as you also in regards to jumping up on a hot stove, or jumping into the oven when checking on dinner and a boiling kettle.

But I wouldn't trade her for the world, just like I'm sure you wouldn't trade Noella. I think she could melt the coldest of hearts with that adorable face of hers.

Yes, pictures would be nice.