Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old April 9th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Unhappy Feels like I just gave them all away

Just packed up Bailey, Kita and Meiko and brought them to the dog sitters for a few days. Im heart broken. My house is SO empty now.:sad: Its just me and Puppy and he's going to my dads tomorrow morning.
I really dont understand how some people can just rehome a dog for no reason sometimes.
I cant imagine them never coming back:sad:
I cant wait until hopefully wednesday when I come home. ( I may have to stay untill thrusday though )
sigh... I think im a nut case. Should this bother me so much? I mean , I have seperation anxiety from my dogs.:sad:
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM
-

have you try Rescue Remedy ? I totally understand. Once I left the dogs at the groomer and came back home. I had to leave and go somewhere else, I couldn't stay in my house without them being there. Bring pictures with you, and don't worry , your dogs will have fun , you will be the one feeling bad. I'm sorry. :sad:
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Senior Contributor

I left Cassie at the vets awhile ago, she had to have an x-ray. I was only leaving her for an hour or so, but I almost cried as I was walking away from her. So I guess I am a nut-case too
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

I know how you feel. I hate leaving my cats or dogs anywhere. We never go away, fortunately, we're real homebodies.
I remember when I took Yogi in to be neutered. I dropped him off in the morning, and called at 2:00 to see when I could pick him up. Oh no they said, he's got to stay here overnight. I wasn't having any part of it, I wanted to pick my dog up at 4:00 and that was it. The vet got on the phone and explained to me that if he'd known I wanted to pick up the dog the same day he would have given him a different kind of anestetic to knock him out for the operation. He finally caved and gave me his home phone number in case I had a problem with the dog after I got him home. Yogi was still pretty out of it when I picked him up, but I wasn't going to not have him home with me that night.

Cindy
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:37 PM

Awwwwww . I can't imagine how lonely you must be... the one night I left Tommy at the e-vet was the worst night of my life, I just couldn't sleep without the little furry butt in my face. But at least they're in good hands, and it won't be too long - just think about the looks on their faces when you pick them up!
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:16 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I took Mocha to his 'brother's' place for a week while I moved (I was afraid he's get underneath someone's boot). It just didn't feel like home without him there.

On the flip side, I went on course last summer for six weeks and my heart ached I missed my furkid so much. I think I missed him more than hubby!! Kris was really good about it, we bought new cell phones before I left with unlimited text and video/pic messaging, so he'd send my pics and videos daily.
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Live well, laugh often

Yep, count me in with the pathetic ones .

When we go away and the furkids go to my mom's it is awful here :sad: . Also, if we are on holidays without the dogs I drive hubby nuts cause I have to stop and pet all the dogs we ever see .

I'm even bad when I'm in the car and don't have them. They go with me about 75% of the time so sometimes when they aren't there I'm chatting away to them and then feel like such and idiot when I remember I'm alone .
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Learning fast

No! don't say that :sad: . I think I have just found somewhere local that I would trust my 2 at (http://www.littlecritters.info/) and they seems so chilled, they basically adopt your pets for the weekend. I work Fri/Sat, Sun nights and my wife is off around europe for the summer so I needed somewhere to leave them with for the 3 nights.
I was going to drive to Uberdog or Dogs at camp, but I was recomended this place by someone I met who's dog had just come back from being there within 2 hours, and she was fine, full of spirit and not at all depressed like I would have of imagined. The other place I found basically kept them caged all day and then took them for a run on her ATV to wear them out .
This place also will feed what ever I want as long as they have instructions. But after all the questions I still don't feel like leaving them, I adopted them to have them with us but 14 hours in an appartment downtown Toronto is no way to spend the weekend. They seem to good to be true at the moment so I'm waiting for finaly judgement untill after we all go and visit.
I wish there was a list for boarders like the dog parks, that way it would take some of the guess work out.

Last edited by x.l.r.8; April 10th, 2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old April 9th, 2007, 10:06 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

That's exactly why we don't travel without the Pack...which means we only rarely go anywhere cuz traveling with 6 is a bit of a chore... If we have to leave them alone at home for even an hour we have anxiety attacks.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 9th, 2007, 11:47 PM

Aww... That's a good reaction! It means they have a great home with a very caring mommy.

As for me, I feel so guilty going somewhere fun without my blackpack.
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Furball Farmer

We just recently went away for 5 days and left my sister here kid sitting and I called all the time asking how the dogs and cats were lol.
I even questioned if my fish were okay....and I typed up a HUGE list of instructions before we left .
I was a bit relieved to know they missed me as much, especially my cat Harley, my sister said she sat on the windowsill and stared out at the driveway practically the entire 5 days and whenever my sister tried to coax her away from the window she just glared at her lol.

It definitley makes you appreciate being HOME and having a couple of furballs to welcome you.
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippincherri View Post
We just recently went away for 5 days and left my sister here kid sitting and I called all the time asking how the dogs and cats were lol.
I even questioned if my fish were okay....and I typed up a HUGE list of instructions before we left .
I was a bit relieved to know they missed me as much, especially my cat Harley, my sister said she sat on the windowsill and stared out at the driveway practically the entire 5 days and whenever my sister tried to coax her away from the window she just glared at her lol.

It definitley makes you appreciate being HOME and having a couple of furballs to welcome you.

Yeah you are right, call me selfish, but I love being missed by the doggies