Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Closed Thread

Old July 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

For the record I never pm'd you I asked for you to pm me the information. You weren't even eloquent enough to respond. So my fellow poster, I believe you are being sneaky and evasive.

Now you're asking for donations?

Did you obtain permission from the mods or admins to solicit for donations?
You are really unbelievable, give me give me give me and no questions asked in return.
Quote:
donate towards the fight against puppymillls. Just click on the donate button on my website above
BTW are these the same mills you took your friend on a tour of?

Last edited by Dragonfly; July 11th, 2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old July 10th, 2005, 06:35 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismutt

www.canadanopuppymills.com

p.s. if you would rather not help this assignment, because I am not divulging information, you can always donate towards the fight against puppymillls. Just click on the donate button on my website above. Fair enought?
In other words, if you are uncomfortable with this assignment, ignore it
Old July 10th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Im shocked too Luba.I suggest calling the shelter where she is a volunteer for info on the 'assignment'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luba
For the record I never pm'd you miss mutt, I asked for you to pm me the information. You weren't even eloquent enough to respond. So my fellow poster, I believe you are being sneaky and evasive.

Now you're asking for donations?

Did you obtain permission from the mods or admins to solicit for donations?
You are really unbelievable, give me give me give me and no questions asked in return.

BTW are these the same mills you took your friend on a tour of? Or are these new ones top secret ones that are in your little orphan annie decorder ring assignment.
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Performance Spaniels

This is increadibly sketchy. And not the only thread that has been turned this way. The OP gets to be condecending and rude while people who only want a little bit of info get told off.

I simply want to know what use this info goes to, and hope the 9 people who decided against better judgement to hand over their info due to this thread don't get screwed over by it.
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

It's incredible isn't it! That people would be so trusting....yes trusting. Innocent trusting people.

Sorry that's not me and nor is it many others. However some naive and trusting people are going to walk right into a pile of doo doo and then go 'but I had no idea'

I like how yu are repeating the quote of wanting DONATIONS Kismutt! Nice sneak in there..

Moderators I think you should step in anytime now and close this thread. Maybe the requests for donations should be looked into:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/announcemen...ouncementid=12

Promoting your own, or any other another business or website either directly or indirectly is not permitted. Threads not observing this stipulation will be deleted and offenders may be banned without notice
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:44 PM
banned user

In all honesty this thread has purely disgusted me... so many touble makers. I really feel the moderators should step in and close this... I thought name calling was not allowed?

This is a poor excuse for a debate! How could such a simple thread turn into something so rude???
Old July 10th, 2005, 08:25 PM

Have you guys pm'd the mods? Saying the thread should be closed won't accomplish anything without a pm.
Old July 10th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Just figure that they/someone would be monitoring and will catch it!

I'm not being the tattle tale Although that was once said to me on a report card in the 2nd grade after a kid threw masking tape at my head LOL
Old July 10th, 2005, 08:38 PM

Talk about rudeness and uncalled for statements..here and in another thread in this forum, BOTH from 2 of the very people who are upset with folks being rude on this site and wish it would stop! Talk about a double standard!
Old July 10th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Senior Contributor

I made the mistake of clicking on this just before going to bed, And I'd so wanted happy thoughts!! Oh well - I am chagrined that anyone could pick on Anita in any way. She was making a valid point and she is one of the kindest and most thoughtfil people on this Board. So now I am going to bed angry - not over the issue, which people can figure out for themselves - but the tone and tenor of the debate (and yes, it was beyond nasty) and that someone who seeks or claims to want to help animals would in the name of that cause knowingly hurt someone else. There is definitely something wrong with this picture and this thread needs to be closed NOW!!

There are many people helping to put puppy mills - and kitten mills (those get lef off the list and they are equally bad - certainly none on Kismutt's page). My vet recent;y cared (for fee) for several tiny victims of this cruel industry not too long ago and a cousin has taken in three puppy mill survivors and is trying to show them that not all of us in humankind are bad! But a study - assignemt (from who is alll anyone's asking. not a difficult question from sincere people who do care so I really fo not understand why anyone has to be vitriolic about it), whatever you want to call it - especially of an industry like that, needs to be explained. It may not require ethics for its proponents but my own ethics are the ones I have to live with. And you must remember that most people on this site do more than the general public about this problem. We need to be taking this debate to the general public but you'll never win them over with that attitude Kismutt. It's so simple - here is the problem, here is what we are doing about it/would like to do, help us by participating in (insert preferred name if study does not work/ tho if it is an assigment, you will need a professor to sign off right, unless it is police assignment and even surveys I have participated in for the RCMP required them to tell me what it was for). A more open and welcoming attitude might have saved this but I don't know. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:30 PM
banned user

Wow, now who is telling mods how to do their job LR?
To all of you posting, don't bother answering that question, it was directed at LR and only she knows the history of it.

For all of you suspicious little ppl, *I* sent information to Kismutt, and was adviced what this assignment was about.
She asked everyone not to jump on ppl with pet store pups so she could have a chance to ask some questions, as, unlike others, she is not able to be here every day. She gave what her questions would be, if any of us would like to take it own ourselves to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyes1437
In all honesty this thread has purely disgusted me... so many touble makers. I really feel the moderators should step in and close this... I thought name calling was not allowed?

This is a poor excuse for a debate! How could such a simple thread turn into something so rude???
Does it really surprise you...

Edit: Whoops, sorry prin!

Last edited by Safyre; July 10th, 2005 at 10:04 PM.
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:59 PM

Really? Oops. That's not how I meant it. People were assuming the worst, I was actually being sarcastic- sorry..
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:00 PM
banned user

LOL, I *read* it as sarcastic at first, then read all the rude responses, and re-thought yours!
Sorry, I'll edit!
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:01 PM

Me too...
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:02 PM
banned user

I was all confused... again. I get confused easily on this thread it seems
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:06 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safyre
Does it really surprise you...
On this board? LOL... not lately. Seems as if we have a group here who has a ring leader who starts fights and then calls all of her soldiers in to protect her. Some people need to grow up! It's really horrible that those of us who play nice have to associate ourselves with some of these people and their tactics. I for one have decided to not even skim over their threads... you would all be doing yourselves a favor to do the same!!!
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:08 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyes1437
On this board? LOL... not lately. Seems as if we have a group here who has a ring leader who starts fights and then calls all of her soldiers in to protect her.
OMG, you read my mind. I saw one person join this thread and just thought 'ofcourse they did'...

Tailspinning I tell ya ... right out of control
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:08 PM

Me? I don't lead anything. So it's not me.... Right? LOL
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:10 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
Me? I don't lead anything. So it's not me.... Right?
No Prin... you are great!!! :love:

LOL, Safyre... we can't both be crazy!
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:15 PM
banned user

Well, we both chose the same signature .. hmmm... lmao
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:16 PM
banned user

Quote:
Well, we both chose the same signature .. hmmm... lmao

LOL!!! Good point!!!
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:18 PM
banned user

s'alright ... "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

That quote makes my stay at this website make sense.
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:25 PM
banned user

Quote:
s'alright ... "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

That quote makes my stay at this website make sense.

HA HA HA!... that's a good one- I may just steal it from you... if thats okay with you
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:34 PM
banned user

OK with me, it was a quote I got in an email a VERY long time ago!
Closed Thread