Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old June 14th, 2007, 10:45 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Introducing lucky #7: Hazel Run Brier

Well, we finally decided on an addition to the Pack. He's about 9 months of age, a tri-color, and seems to have a very sweet personality. He got along well with the Pack last weekend. (Macie even shared a bowl of water with him and she's our shyest girl .) After due consideration and a quick rejuggling of our budget to allow for one more set of vet bills (), we've decided to bring him home. He'll be arriving, if all goes well, before the month is up

So, without further ado, let me introduce to you, hazel run brier!:

Name:  Brier looking solemn 6-10-07.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  82.0 KB

He did spend some time chatting with friends. He had some lovely conversations with the training pigeons:

Name:  Who's in there! 6-10-07.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  87.2 KB

Most of the rest of the day he spent running around carrying a big stick in his mouth. When he got tired, he'd lay down with Stick close by. You gotta closely supervise Sticks or they get away why you're napping. You can see his right front paw curled protectively around it...:

Name:  Brier napping with Stick 6-10-07.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  91.9 KB

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:51 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

After a while it got really hot so he abandoned Stick and came over to mingle with some of the other dogs. He and Parker (the chestnut dog with his head on Brier's back) hung out together in the shade for a while:

Name:  Brier and Parker hanging out under the chairs 6-10-07.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  72.3 KB

And finally, Brier was so tuckered that he pressed his belly into a cool hole in the dirt and fell fast asleep :

Name:  Brier napping in the cool dirt 6-10-07.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  80.8 KB

I can't wait to get him home.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

OMG!!! Hazelrunpack does that really mean you have 7 dogs??? They certainly are gorgeous! How do you manage 7 of them?

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Doggie Wench

He's just beautiful, Hazelrunpack . I can see why you're eager to get him home. Lucky you, lucky Brier!
Old June 14th, 2007, 11:45 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
OMG!!! Hazelrunpack does that really mean you have 7 dogs??? They certainly are gorgeous! How do you manage 7 of them?

Cindy
Don't know how I'll manage 7, yet...just the 6 here right now. Brier won't be here for a few days. I'll keep you posted on hazel's nervous breakdown

Here's a pic of the 6-Pack:

Name:  At the deck gate, hoping to get to say 'hi' to the Abby Gas man 11-1-06.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  98.5 KB

They're eagerly awaiting the new arrival.

Old June 14th, 2007, 11:53 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
He's just beautiful, Hazelrunpack . I can see why you're eager to get him home. Lucky you, lucky Brier!
Thanks, Luckypenny. He's a real sweet boy.

Old June 15th, 2007, 12:39 AM
-

Brier is just as gorgeous as the rest of your crew. I love the pic you posted of the six pack. There's even a space for Brier at the left end.
Old June 15th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

He's gorgeous. Look at it this way... Dogs are like potato chips, can't just have one!
Old June 15th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

What a beauty Brier is I'm sure he'll fit in well with the rest of the pack! And heck, what's one more? At least that's what I said when I got up to 6 cat's, then everyone started calling me the crazy cat lady! What exactly do they call you, and people with more then 3 dog's?

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old June 15th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Senior Contributor

Wow Hazel, he really is a beauty!!!
I can't wait for him to get at your place so we can see pics of the 7 of them together
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:08 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG,7 beautiful dogs then again,6 or 7 does not really matter,except Brier will have a dreamhome
The 6-pack pic is amazing,they are just soooo beautiful,look full of mischief(sp?)
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:17 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycats View Post
What a beauty Brier is I'm sure he'll fit in well with the rest of the pack! And heck, what's one more? At least that's what I said when I got up to 6 cat's, then everyone started calling me the crazy cat lady! What exactly do they call you, and people with more then 3 dog's?

When we moved here in fall of 2004, we had 3 and the people around here already called me the dog lady. That changed to crazy dog lady when we moved up to 6 (funny how "crazy" seems to go with 6 whether it's cats or dogs, isn't it? ). Now I'm not sure what they'll call me... he he They'll probably just commit me! ...

Old June 15th, 2007, 07:21 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
The 6-pack pic is amazing,they are just soooo beautiful,look full of mischief(sp?)
Thanks, Chico. They actually aren't quite as mischievous as they used to be. They're mellowing quite a bit...so we are obligated to infuse some younger blood, aren't we? Yeah....obligated...yeah...I like that! So that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

HO--I can't wait to get him home, either, but I can count on one hand the number of pics I have of the whole 6-Pack. It took me 2 years to get the first group shot. Somethin' tells me it might take me a while to get the first of the Lucky Seven shots!

Old June 15th, 2007, 07:24 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Brier is just as gorgeous as the rest of your crew. I love the pic you posted of the six pack. There's even a space for Brier at the left end.

he he I hadn't noticed that! I could actually Photoshop him in, couldn't I?

Old June 15th, 2007, 07:27 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDLuver View Post
He's gorgeous. Look at it this way... Dogs are like potato chips, can't just have one!
Or chocolate chips! Yum! Thanks, BMD!

Old June 15th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Senior Contributor

congratulations!!!!! he's a very handsome fellow! You are truly amazing to care for so many!
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:59 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi76 View Post
congratulations!!!!! he's a very handsome fellow! You are truly amazing to care for so many!
They take care of me!

Old June 15th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post

HO--I can't wait to get him home, either, but I can count on one hand the number of pics I have of the whole 6-Pack. It took me 2 years to get the first group shot. Somethin' tells me it might take me a while to get the first of the Lucky Seven shots!
Yes I was thinking it would be quite difficult. But the challenge is on
Old June 15th, 2007, 09:06 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter's_owner View Post
Yes I was thinking it would be quite difficult. But the challenge is on
I'll see what hazel can do...

Old June 15th, 2007, 11:29 AM
-

omg omg omg He is soo dreamy ! I can't believe you will have 7 of those to cudle , I'm so jealous but at least we get to see them...congratulation Hazel !
Old June 15th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Young at Heart

What a beautiful boy and it sure looks like a wonderful addition to your family! Congratulations to you and your pack He's a lucky boy...
Old June 15th, 2007, 11:59 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
omg omg omg He is soo dreamy ! I can't believe you will have 7 of those to cudle , I'm so jealous but at least we get to see them...congratulation Hazel !
I'm getting the 'new mummy nervouses'...

Old June 15th, 2007, 11:59 AM
-

Note to self ; Hazel and BHRR are NOT good influence on Frenchy.
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanM View Post
What a beautiful boy and it sure looks like a wonderful addition to your family! Congratulations to you and your pack He's a lucky boy...
Thanks, Jan. I think he's going to fit in well *knock on wood, throw salt over hazel's shoulder, and trying not to break any mirrors or step on any cracks*

Old June 15th, 2007, 12:09 PM
N/A

I am so happy for you Hazelrunpack, Brier is so gorgeaous and such a lucky number seven to make your six pack a winning number...you must be in heaven.

The picture of all six of your beautiful dogs on the veranda is breathtaking, Thank You for sharing your joy with us.
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:11 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbaby Momma View Post
Thank You for sharing your joy with us.

Thanks for the kind words, Furbaby Momma...but I expect you'll be more than sick of the Hazel Run Seven by the time I'm tired of taking pics of the new boy.... But I'll try to control myself......

Old June 15th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Beautiful pup - and so much like the little English Setter I met in Italy a few times (owned by pensione manager). I tried to find a Setter in Toronto and surrounding area but without success. So we have Elmo the Eskimo! 7 Setters will be a handful. I once had 5 mini Dachshunds and 3 cats. Fortunately only of the Dachshunds was Alpha - so he supervised the group. After he died, my other Alpha came along - peace on earth again. Sure hope your group dynamic is similar.
Old June 15th, 2007, 01:54 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

My impression of Brier is that he doesn't have an alpha bone in his body! We just have to hope he doesn't have a change of heart as he gets older

Old June 15th, 2007, 01:55 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Note to self ; Hazel and BHRR are NOT good influence on Frenchy.
Note to Frenchy: Hazel is not a good influence on hazel, either!

Old June 15th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Boss-lady!

He's so handsome, hazel!

"You can't have a good day in bad underwear"- Fruit of the Loom ad