Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Angry I really can't wait to get myself another job!

My boss came into my office and told me he didn't want to upset or stress me but, he was going to tell me something because he cared about me. "You have to do something about your health and ...weight." Without knowing squat about my family medical history he said what happened to my brother was hereditary. That he knows about the radiation being part of it, but it's mainly hereditary.

First of all, there are absolutely no heart issues in my family. What happened to my brother has nothing to do with his heart being bad, it was an issue with his arteries that were damaged because of RADIATION treatments he had when he was in his early 20's!

Then he tells me that he was talking to his nutritionist, who said to him there was no way anyone could get all the nutrients they need to be healthy and lose weight on a vegetarian diet. Apparently he's spoken to his nutritionist about what fat cow I am. He also said I needed to "get over" this guilt I have about eating animals, and eat at least chicken or turkey because man was meant to eat animals. And that he's known me a long time and I've only started being a vegetarian after I got the cats. (Well yes because I started being more aware of animals and their abuse and neglect and have actually investigated just how that steak gets on your plate!)

So now I"m supposed to drop all of my beliefs and feelings because he says so?

Through all of this, I just sat here, nodded and agreed that yes I know I need to lose weight, he's not revealing anything new to me. I sat here and listened and reaffirmed to myself how badly I need to find another job and get out of here.

I have already made my mind up about changing my eating habits, and becoming more active. I don't need him or his nutritionist to tell me how to do it. Especially since I know for a fact there are tons of very successful athletes who ARE vegetarians!

I know I don't look great, I know it. Part of it is my weight and part of it is how I dress. I just haven't made an effort to buy clothes that look good on me. But I know I need to because when I find a new job, I'll need a professional wardrobe! Right now, I think I'm about a size 14, around there.

The only thing keeping me going right now is finding another job and finally being able to give my notice.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:58 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

And your weight is his business why? Tell him to worry about his gf's weight and leave yours alone.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
And your weight is his business why? Tell him to worry about his gf's weight and leave yours alone.
Oh, he's always talking about how great she looks and how much she works out. The man is obsessed about his and her weight.

I seriously wish I could have told him to stick his opinion up his rear. These days I just sit here and don't say anything. I want out of here and I know if I start voicing my displeasure it will be worse, so I stay quiet and pray I find something.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
Oh, he's always talking about how great she looks and how much she works out. The man is obsessed about his and her weight.

I seriously wish I could have told him to stick his opinion up his rear. These days I just sit here and don't say anything. I want out of here and I know if I start voicing my displeasure it will be worse, so I stay quiet and pray I find something.
Don't let him get to you. You will lose weight in your own time.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh poor you 14+ is right, it is none of his business!

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Don't let him get to you. You will lose weight in your own time.
And in my own way. I don't know where he suddenly became an expert on vegetarian lifestyle but to tell me I need to let go of this guilt for eating animals is insulting.

Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Oh poor you 14+ is right, it is none of his business!
I swear, it took everything I had to keep from telling him to go you know what himself.

Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Are you kidding me AncientGirl.
H*ll Girl - you take that opportunity to tell him to mind his own Ps & Qs. DO NOT BE A DOOR MAT.
It is none of his business as to what you eat, why, your weight. The only thing that someone (in my opinion) can comment on is your clothing (if in appropriate or sloppy) and your behaviour. Other than that...SEND HIM MY WAY.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Are you kidding me AncientGirl.
H*ll Girl - you take that opportunity to tell him to mind his own Ps & Qs. DO NOT BE A DOOR MAT.
It is none of his business as to what you eat, why, your weight. The only thing that someone (in my opinion) can comment on is your clothing (if in appropriate or sloppy) and your behaviour. Other than that...SEND HIM MY WAY.
I wanted to tell him all those things so badly, but I'm biding my time. I'm already miserable here, and making him angry at me will make things here even more miserable for me. Until I get another job, I've got to just sit here, smile and pretend to care about what he says.

Old February 23rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
Kitty pimp

there was no way anyone could get all the nutrients they need to be healthy and lose weight on a vegetarian diet. lol he ever hear of hindus ?
Old February 23rd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Senior Contributor

He mentioned your weight? I would be pulling out a ruler and size him up and leave papers for penile implants on his desk...What a a$$hole

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old February 23rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

I'd be telling him if he put as much thought into running his business as he does you're personal life he might actually be making more money.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
I wanted to tell him all those things so badly, but I'm biding my time. I'm already miserable here, and making him angry at me will make things here even more miserable for me. Until I get another job, I've got to just sit here, smile and pretend to care about what he says.
I hear you.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija View Post
He mentioned your weight? I would be pulling out a ruler and size him up and leave papers for penile implants on his desk...What a a$$hole

No more inappropriate than what he just did to you!

What a jerk!

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge
Old February 23rd, 2011, 07:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I've known this man for about 15 years. In that time he's changed so much. I hate the person he is now, I really really hate him. I need to move on desperately.

Old February 23rd, 2011, 08:08 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

What kind of company is this, AG? Is it a local affiliate of a larger company? If so, you may be able to file a grievance?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 23rd, 2011, 08:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
What kind of company is this, AG? Is it a local affiliate of a larger company? If so, you may be able to file a grievance?
Hazel, it's just my boss and I there and it's his company.

Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Doggie Wench

AG, I really sympathize with you. I can't help thinking that you really should let him know how you feel . If you've been there nearly 15 years, and have obviously been very bored and unhappy for a long time now, it can't possibly be healthy for you to be so angry about it. I know it helps to vent but, I think a part of the solution (while you look for something else) may be to speak directly to him to see if you can't resolve some of your issues. Have you ever spoken to him about your complaints? Are you afraid to?
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
chronically insane.

I would have punched him in the face. I get the "you need to eat meat" talk from people I work with all the time, but they are just poking fun and I really don't care because I can poke fun back at them and it's alright.

If you want, I can punch him in the face for you. I'm practically still a minor, I probably won't get charged with anything

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
AG, I really sympathize with you. I can't help thinking that you really should let him know how you feel . If you've been there nearly 15 years, and have obviously been very bored and unhappy for a long time now, it can't possibly be healthy for you to be so angry about it. I know it helps to vent but, I think a part of the solution (while you look for something else) may be to speak directly to him to see if you can't resolve some of your issues. Have you ever spoken to him about your complaints? Are you afraid to?
LP, I've tried talking to him in the past about things and it just winds up bothering him and he turns into some little kid about it. At this point, my best option is to just deal with it until I can get out of here. I've been with him too long and the concept of me not being happy is lost on him, since he already think I have the best job in the world and he's the best boss in the world. He's constantly telling me what a good boss he is, that he doesn't put a lot of pressure on me, I don't have to worry about coming in late if I had to, that I can take time off whenever I need it, that I get paid really well. So really according to him I'm the luckiest person in the world to have him as a boss and be working here. He's a selfish person and only cares about his needs, something very apparent since before he left his wife he was constantly complaining to me about her and how SHE was never giving him what HE needed. So I'd be talking to a wall.

Kathryn, if you're game, I'll pay the plane fair.

Old February 24th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Jeez! It's like the cosmos are ganging up on me!

I came back from lunch with my ex-SIL, and in the elevator some lady asked me if I was the person she met at the Weight Watchers meeting here in our building!

Okay okay I get it, I need to lose weight! Sheesh!

Old February 24th, 2011, 01:21 PM
150% PRO S/N

Hang in there AG.

Old February 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Just keep looking AG. Here's to hoping things look up for you very soon

In the meantime......there are some people who would be thrilled to be a size 14!!!!!

Yes, I believe in the Rainbow Bridge
Old February 24th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Senior Contributor

I had to just laugh at the whole thing. I mean, why can't this happen to me with lottery numbers? Like I see them and play them and win! Sheesh.

I know I've got to lose weight, but lay off universe!

Old February 24th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Senior Contributor

AG,You know yourself,that no employer has a right to say what yours did,unless you are 500lb's and cannot sit behind a desk.

There is a job out there for you I am sure and when you one day give your notice,this jerk will find out how important and loyal you have been to him,he might even offer a huge raise to get you to stay.

Employers today,unfortunately have the power,knowing full well jobs are hard to get,but seeing since it's only you and him,he'll be in trouble if you quit and it will look good on him.
Old February 24th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Chico, he's incredibly lucky right now all I want is to just not cause any problems and wait for something to come my way.

The day I am gone, he will realize how good he had it with me.