Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old November 14th, 2014, 09:59 PM

WTF people....

I'm a truck driver. I met this little monster at a truck stop covered by her own feces, and crying. I saw several people walk by look at her and do nothing. I took a towel I had on my truck, wrapped her in it and snuck her into a truck stop shower. I bathed her, fed her got her a litter box and intend to take her to a vet. She sleeps in my lap when I drive and sleeps on my chest when I sleep. This isn't my first cat, but it's not going to be easy to get her to a vet for vaccines and a spay. She has been eating healthy amounts of food, but isn't active. Anyway, anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that may help me make her life better? I have a home to bring her to while I'm on the road and a family that will love her. Also what signs should I look for that might suggest serious health issues or parasites? She is flea free atm. Plz help. Walmart is always close by.
Attached Images

Old November 15th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Senior Contributor

What a beautiful monster . How does her eyes and nose look are they clear and not runny? You should check to see if she is pregnant or just had kittens , I hope not. Dogs was rug their butt across floor or rug if they have parasites , I am not sure if cats do too. How wonderful of you recuse the poor kitty, you'll have a friend for life.
Old November 15th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

First off, Welcome to the forum and thanks for helping this little cutie! 3 hi fives right off the bat!

The thread title is WTF, but it's helpful people like you that make good changes even when lots of other people are complete scum.

Kitty could probably use a vet visit to be sure.
Eating, drinking, pooping and grooming are all key activities for cats. This lack of playing 'should' stop soon as kitty gets more comfortable with you (and your family)....but that first vet visit is important to assure everything is okay.

Thx again for helping this cutie and please feel free to ask as many questions as you like - our pleasure to help.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old November 15th, 2014, 11:14 AM

Her eyes have some buggers. But mostly dry. I spend time a few times a day to clean them out and make sure she eats. She cleans herself frequently and eats pretty much whatever I put in her bowl. She spends most of her time cuddling up to me. I'm pretty sure she isn't pregnant. She might only be 6 weeks old.
Old November 15th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Ok , it's hard to tell how big she is from the photo , do you have a name for her yet? I bet she is very graceful to you for saving her life.
Old November 15th, 2014, 10:44 PM

What a lovely future you've ensured for that little cutie pie!! Sounds like you've got everything under control. Nice bath, fresh food and a cozy warm body for kitty to curl up on I agree a quick wellness check at the vet is a good start just to make sure there's nothing going on with kitty that could become a problem down the road.
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Did you buy her the pretty collar too? What a sweet, lucky little kitty!