Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 30th, 2014, 03:00 PM

Exclamation pregnant after being spayed?!

Hi, my female cat managed to escape approx 1 week before the date we had set up for her to be spayed, and this was the first time she had been outside. I managed to find her approx 2 weeks later and bring her home. I got her in to be fixed the next week and had many complications with my vet. Such as: I had to take my cat (Nala) in a total of four times due to her not being stitched up properly and her getting an infection twice from the vet. I found out after taking her in for the third time that she was pregnant when she got fixed and that they terminated her pregnancy. I'm fine with that, as we didn't want more kittens and I knew she couldn't have been more than 2 weeks along. Well, she has been showing signs of pregnancy, ballooning out around the center of her belly, gaining weight, teats are sagging and turning pink. She is still short haired from being fixed, so I cannot tell if the fur is thinning or not. Could my cat be pregnant even though she was supposedly fixed? And if so, is this potentially a dangerous situation for her? I do not trust taking her back to the same vet and live in a very small town.

Tags
pregnancy, spay complication