Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 23rd, 2010, 01:41 PM

House training regression

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and I have read some posts, and see some wonderful advice. I am hoping you can all give me some advice. I just bought a 12 wk old German Shorthaired Pointer (Max) almost 2 weeks ago from a breeder, so he was crate trained, however, I want him housetrained. So, I took the advice of a trainer (he is signed up for obediance training in the new year), and placed a bell on my back door, so that he will know to ring the bell when he needs to go out. Anyhow, the training was going so well, that within a week of having him, he was already ringing the bell with his nose on his own to go outside to do his business, and was only having one or two accidents at the most in the house, and never poops in the house. However, my problem is, the last few days, he has regressed and has been peeing like crazy in the house! I am at my wits end. I have been cleaning with special carpet shampoo to rid of the scent. I've been firmly telling him NO when he does it then leading him outside. I have been taking him out after meals, when he wakes up, etc. Its almost like he is doing it out of spite, lol. I mean he will pee 5 min after he has just peed. Then again 5 min after that. I just don't know what to do anymore. He was at the vets 3 days ago and had a clean bill of health. Help!!! Any tips for me??? I swear, my hair is going grey faster than humanly possible, lol!!