Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Talking Buck wild anyone?

The horses have been in quite a mood lately but today was just too adorable to pass up. Sorry the pics are so blurry, they were moving around pretty fast and my shutter on my camera seems to be slowing down.

Here's Miss Fe just standing around all innocent like

Lets trot around a little bit (no apparently I am not sure how to close my gate ropes lol)

Up comes Harliegh (aka Obese Bernice)

Harleigh and Viggo

Miss Fe letting loose

This one is my absolute FAVORITE

Here she was moving very pretty, I didn't quite capture it as I was seeing it though.

Some wild head tossing

Last edited by erykah1310; May 3rd, 2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Miss Fe getting ready to give Viggo a good bite

The mares kicking at each other

And just because I can't put a thread of the horses up and leave poor ol Calvin out. He is seperated from the others for a bit because he is lame yet again.
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Blue is certainly Miss Fe's colour. She is a glorious colour, and her conformation is lovely. What were your plans for her again? A terrific series of photo's, they must be loving the Spring weather, or you've given them too many oats? LOL. There's a couple worth enlarging and framing I think. I feel sorry for Calvin, do you know why he's lame?
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Senior Contributor

oh I love when they get the spring friskies! great shots.
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Rottie owner and lover

I love the pics, really shows miss Fe at her best
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG,they are beautiful
They look like some really powerful horses,I would not want to be the one at the end of their kicking
I hope Calvin will be ok,that nothing is seriously wrong with his leg
Old May 4th, 2011, 09:38 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I never realized horses got the Spring Zoomies, too! Great series of pics, erykah!! I love your horses

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 4th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

Miss Fe's eyes are beautiful. You do have wonderful looking horses.
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

Calvin has horrible hooves, he is severely contracted on the left hoof, as well as that hoof having had VERY bad thrush which led to deterioration of his frog followed by an abcess on the same hoof. With the mud that just can not be prevented with all this rain, he got thrush again on his bad hoof and his frog came off yesterday.
It has been a long year now dealing with all these things and not to mention a lot of pain killers for the poor old guy.
Today he is moving around better, he stayed out in his own little pasture ish thing I made yesterday on dry land.

Everyone has spring fever here right now which led to the horse zoomies yesterday. The 3 that were going crazy don't get grained at all unless they get worked.

My plans for Miss Fe are hopefully getting her moving off leg and neck reining this summer then we are going to learn how to sort cattle. She has great movement for ranch work and is aggressive enough towards other animals to be a good cow sorting horse.
Eventually doing actual Team Penning or breakaway roping would be really fun. She has a good deal of get up and go out the gate as well (she doesn't like to go fast for long but when she lets loose as you can see in the pics, she is flying so added to her 'aggressive' nature she could have some potential for a breakaway horse)

Here's a vid for breakaway roping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENBvU...1&feature=fvwp

Team Penning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRBFiPzNAg4

For Viggo, I'm going completely to the end of the horse world spectrum with him. I will be taking Dressage lessons and he will be leaving this fall for his initial undersaddle training, after he is done there he is leaving for 3 months to a dressage trainer, for the basics of what is a pretty intense dicipline.
He has natural flow and movement for it so I'm hoping all goes as planned.
Here's an example of dressage, it is totally out of my realm as far as riding goes but will be fun to learn such a refined discipline.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ManhL...eature=related

Calvin is level 2 dressage trained but hasn't done much of it in many years as I have been told. He side passes nicely when you ask and with some time and work he will do a piaffe (basically the standing trot) but i have a hard time asking for it. One of the girls at the barn I boarded at knows some basic dressage and had him doing it
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

Oh yeah and both Miss Fe and Viggo are going to be trained to drive, we have a cute little red cutter and hopefully this winter or next spring we can be out on that. Plus I think nothing would be better than doing the maple syrup run here with the horses as apposed to the 4wheelers that tear up the trails way too much. My mans parents have a sugar shack behind their farm, his dad is pushing us to get the two horses broke to drive because he really wants to use them for maple syrup
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:45 AM

Great photos!!! I love seeing the horses in the springtime. My old gelding that my friends have now and their other guy (who really is old-29 and and still peppy and fun!) are having a grand time in the spring Thanks for sharing!