Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits > Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans

Old September 1st, 2009, 07:43 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Bryant

For those of you who don't know Bryant, he was the attorney general in Ontario when the BSL was legislated.

If this is indeed true, this just proves what an a$$hole he is. I hope they throw the book at him if he is guilty. I bike into work and my heart goes out to all those bikers who get hit by cars because of jacka$$ drivers.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...01?hub=Toronto

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 1st, 2009, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor

I hope they put a muzzle on him and keep him on a short leash, what a man to look up to, I've lived on pins and needles all summer as my son rides to and from work in ottawa daily, scares the heart out of me when you hear all the accidents
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:27 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I bike 30kms along Hwy 2 and there are some drivers that won't move over and if I stuck my hand out, my hand would hit their mirror and they are going between 80-100km/hr. Very scary. It is 6 AM so there is very little traffic going the other way, mostly the same direction as me so there is no reason for the drivers not to move over.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:32 AM
Senior Contributor

is there not a bike path for you along highway #2? we have one along our part of it but for some reason the bikes still travel along the highways, scares me and believe me, I give them a wide berth, do you were a helmet young lady??
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:37 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
is there not a bike path for you along highway #2? we have one along our part of it but for some reason the bikes still travel along the highways, scares me and believe me, I give them a wide berth, do you were a helmet young lady??
Check the shoulders of the road, they may be in poor shape or there may be too much gravel/mud on them to use a road/racing bike on.

Yes, there is a 2-3 foot shoulder, but it is not maintained so at times I have to go on the hwy. There are farmers along there that have made such a mess that it is not possible to bike on the shoulder with a road bike.

And, yes I wear a helmet, I would never consider riding without one .

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old September 1st, 2009, 08:43 AM

I've moved this here just because traditionally, anything to do with Bryant or the provincial Liberals have been discussed here.

Your friendly neighbourhood mod,
Ford
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Thanks Ford.

Update:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1271489/

OMG if this is true, this man is evil.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old September 1st, 2009, 08:57 AM
Senior Contributor

ohmy lord!!! and he was driving a convertible???? how could you not see the bike and man!!! definately pure evilness...I hope they throw the book at him!!

side note-love4, we have a paved bike path about 10 feet from the road on highway #2
Old September 1st, 2009, 09:14 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh he saw him and he tried to get the biker off the car. Then after the biker fell to his death, Bryant sped off, leaving the biker to die. This man is truely evil.

This just makes me sick, that poor defenseless biker :sad:

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old September 1st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
side note-love4, we have a paved bike path about 10 feet from the road on highway #2
Then the pathway may be too rough for road bikes, their tires are thin and will get caught in the cracks.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old September 1st, 2009, 09:17 AM
Senior Contributor

they better throw the book at him, I can't believe a human could do this to another....I'm watching it on the news now
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:26 AM
Senior Contributor

I am a very careful driver and a I do watch out for people riding bicycles and motorcycles - I JUST WISH THEY WOULD DO THE SAME. Some do, but others prefer to think of themselves as pedestrians when it suits them. I can't tell you how many near misses I have had with bicycles - none of which would have been my fault. I know of 2 people who planned being "doored" on purpose - so that they could sue and get new bikes - and then bragged about it. They just made sure the cars were not going too fast. The fact that it is Michael Bryant who was the driver has nothing whatsoever to do with this - Pit Bulls or not. I have met Michael Bryant and I do not like him - but this is a separate issue. If I ever do run into a bicycle - I will feel awful - but not guilty. Flame away - I am far from the only person who feels this way. Just ask someone who owns and rides bicycles/motorcycles - but also drives. Getting a car put a whole new spin on things for them.
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't get on too much anymore with the girls and a pooched 'puter, but I saw this this morning and wanted to post in here, thinking the ol'd BSL-forum crowd would check in on this one.

Interestingly to me, when I heard the news, I didn't feel any joy at him being in hot water (never minding that someone is dead, because I'd never feel joy at that). For the longer members who remembered my promise to plough Bryant if I ever met him face to face (and my apology for reneging when I unexpectedly did ), I thought I would have felt some small satisfaction at him being in trouble, but I didn't. I remember thinking, "I wanted karma to eat this guy, but not like this". Listening to the coverage, however, I did feel a bit smug when I found out that the accident took place while he was driving with a blond who was not his wife. THAT was the kind of thing I wanted karma to do.

I'm actually more angry as a cyclist than a pitbull owner. The pictures of the bike is a high-end road bike, so chances are, this wasn't some guy riding like a goof getting into it with some guy in a car. I've read lots about people saying things that a cyclist had no business hanging off of someone's car and should have let go. What I can tell you is that if you push into a cyclist and knock him sideways, he's going to lean into you to prevent falling over, and chances of him being able to recover at speed and next to nil. I don't know how he wound up hanging on, but I'm confident in speculating that he was afraid to let go. Also, Bryant steered himself into objects to knock off the cyclist. That's willful disregard for human life. Looking at the bike, chances are this guy was riding in full race kit (spandex shorts or bib, spandex shirt), so I'm pretty sure that the threat he posed was minimal, especially considering Bryant is a former boxer. It'd be like me at 5'8" and over 200 lbs getting into an altercation and beating someone senseless. If it were a 6'5" 350 lb man, I'd have an arguement, but were it a 5' 100 lb woman, it wouldn't wash.

Honestly, I have a feeling that both parties acted like jerks, but Bryant took it way over the edge when he decided to play Mad Max with his car.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out, and what kind of pull he still has with McGuinty, and if there is any effect on the case. I suspect there won't be, and that weasel Ben Chin was probably whispering in McGuinty's ear "Throw him under the bus!"
Old September 1st, 2009, 12:26 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Dog Dancer:

I can't believe you would say this. A biker is defenseless against a car and sometimes there are things on the road that can cause a biker to have an accident and they have to swerve at the last minute. These objects may not be apparent to a driver, or even a bee sting. It is the law in Ontario that drivers are to give adequate right of way on the streets for a bike. And those people who want to hit by an opening door, well, they will probably loose their life over it.

Schwinn: I was thinking the same thing about karma, but this is too sad for the bikers family to wish this on even Bryant.

The biker that was killed was a bike courier.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old September 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...01?hub=Toronto

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old September 1st, 2009, 03:51 PM
Senior Contributor

I am sorry,I don't agree,I hope they throw the book at MB,put him in jail for a while,the man is an arrogant @#$$ and not only because of his Pit-Bull rant.
The only ones I feel sorry for are the family of this cyclist.
But I can bet anything our justice system will somehow put the blame solely on the biker
Old September 1st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Senior Contributor

L4H,you know,in Sweden and many other countries in Europe bicyclists ride against the traffic,in my opinion a much safer way,you can see what is coming.
Old September 1st, 2009, 04:03 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I am sorry,I don't agree,I hope they throw the book at MB,put him in jail for a while,the man is an arrogant @#$$ and not only because of his Pit-Bull rant.
The only ones I feel sorry for are the family of this cyclist.
But I can bet anything our justice system will somehow put the blame solely on the biker
I would love to see Bryant go to jail and as far as I am concerned, this is murder. He purposely murdered that poor cyclist. He had a choice to stop the car when the cyclist held onto the car, but he choose to go down the wrong side of the street so the cyclist would hit the mailboxes and street lamps. No different than somebody taking a hammer and hitting somebody on the head.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Last edited by Love4himies; September 1st, 2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old September 1st, 2009, 04:05 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
L4H,you know,in Sweden and many other countries in Europe bicyclists ride against the traffic,in my opinion a much safer way,you can see what is coming.
I lived in Germany for 4 years and they had paved bicycle paths going from village to village so they didn't have to ride on the hwy. In the city of Baden Baden, there was a wonderful bicycle path off the main road that lead right down to the marketplatz. It was very, very safe.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old September 1st, 2009, 04:09 PM
Senior Contributor

L4H,I agree 100%,this was vehicular homicide,MB had a lot of chances to stop the car,this young man did not have to die.
When I read the story this morning,they did not say who the driver was,but it did not make it any less horrific,I was stunned when I heard it was MB,what a stupid,evil man
Old September 1st, 2009, 04:28 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

I agree that sometimes people riding bicycles act stupidly and make poor decisions. So do people who are on motorcycles or driving cars! It is impossible to speculate how the initial collision happened. But every article I read described that part as "minor" - the cyclist could have survived.

Speeding away, swerving into the opposite lane and blatantly trying to knock the cyclist off his car by crushing him against mailboxes, light standards and trees is completely malicious. Absolutely disgusting, and a shame that a person this unstable was able to make it to such a prestigious position in Canadian politics. It's frightening to think that someone capable of such a vicious act was Attorney General of our province. Clearly our political system is in a very sorry state.
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old September 1st, 2009, 05:23 PM
Papa D

ahhh poor bryant,his true side finally showes up,lets just hope he's treated like common folk and no special favours.
Beathoven 7 year old mutt
Maggie 5 year jack russell
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
Tigger 10 year long hair cat
marley just a pup
sasha grand pup___________________________________________________________
Lettin the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin it back in.

Most of the stuff people worry about ain't gonna happen anyway.
Old September 1st, 2009, 05:54 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

As someone said on another forum, it's clear that Bryant and anyone who resembles him should be altered muzzled kept in full control and if found breaking these rules euth.
Clearly he is dangerous to the general public, he has killed an innocent person.

My heart goes out to the cyclists family and friends
Old September 1st, 2009, 06:50 PM
Senior Contributor

I feel bad for this man and his family.. But I feel just as bad about all the other families torn apart because they had to kill their own family member because of that man... This man has caused many deaths, And he deserves whatever is thrown at him.
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old September 1st, 2009, 07:22 PM

Who is the dangerous " ticking time bomb " killer now ?
Old September 1st, 2009, 07:37 PM
Senior Contributor

no no love4himies, it was "snowdancer" not dog dancer
Old September 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
no no love4himies, it was "snowdancer" not dog dancer
OMG, I am so sorry, dog dancer.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old September 1st, 2009, 07:54 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah1310 View Post
As someone said on another forum, it's clear that Bryant and anyone who resembles him should be altered muzzled kept in full control and if found breaking these rules euth.
Clearly he is dangerous to the general public, he has killed an innocent person.

My heart goes out to the cyclists family and friends
I love it.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old September 1st, 2009, 10:29 PM
Meaghan Edwards

Believe it or not, there's some idiots who are defending this "man." Not too many of course, but they're there.

I hope they treat him like a common criminal and not give him perks

Last edited by Mom_Of_Two_Dogs; September 1st, 2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_Of_Two_Dogs View Post
Believe it or not, there's some idiots who are defending this "man." Not too many of course, but they're there.

I hope they treat him like a common criminal and not give him perks
Perhaps these people are just as arrogant as he is and they haven't closed their eyes and pictured one of thier loved ones hanging onto a car while the driver is purposely driving into mailboxes and lamp posts trying to kill him/her.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)