Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old April 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Vote Canada!

Cuz look at what the people of other countries have done and are currently doing, just to establish democracies and make their voices count. Don't underestimate your voice and don't undervalue the rights you have.

As a Canadian, I never voted before *shame*. As an Egyptian, I now realize how important this is and will always vote from now on.

PS. I just realized title should probably be vote Canadians. Meh, I'm an immigrant lol.

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old April 15th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I have always voted since I was of age too. I wont lie at 18 I had no idea why I was voting and I really didn't care. However, now... debates are of interest to me as I do like to hear all sides. However my vote has not changed for the past 10 years.

*adding more*
It has always bothered me when trying to convince friends and relatives to go vote. The main arguement of " why bother they are all full of ****" gets to me. Yes for the most part many promises are made and not kept HOWEVER, by not voting you will not be able to change anything.
Old April 15th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Senior Contributor

hmmmm. HOnestly my reasons for not voting b4?

I wasn't aware enough of the different platforms, felt that all the candidates were kind of lame and full of BS (still sort of do), and didn't really and truly understand the importance of my voice.

I hope that the vote can be made more exciting for youth. I think that any campaigns now should really use social media. In the past while I've watched many youtube videos and links shared via FB and have learned a lot. However, everytime a campaign person calls me at home, I really just try to find an excuse to get off the phone Doesn't help that they call at the most awkward times

Old April 15th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Curios erykah, has ur vote not changed in 10 yrs because you believe the party you have voted for has done a good job or could do a good job or is it a "lesser of evils" kind of thing?

Old April 15th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I strongly believe my party of choice has always stood for most of the things I do through out my voting "lifetime" however, there was one year recently where I almost considered contiplating maybe changing my vote to a different party but did not feel that if they were in power I would be 100% happy with my choice. So... I voted for my usual.
Old April 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

On a side note though, we dont get calls here for some reason but we did have a liberal guy swing by to see if they could count on our votes. My man went in the house with out saying a word as I only gestured around my yard of dogs as if to say " Are you flipping kidding me" at that moment when the guy had got the hint that Liberals would NOT be getting my vote my man came out with various muzzles in hand and tore a strip into the guy about a few things he had on his mind.
I was very proud of him.