Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old March 14th, 2010, 01:30 AM

Question can anyone help me

hi i have a 3yr pit mix weight at about 75lbs today he had an accident in the house and when i went to clean it up it had little white things in it then he vomited and now hes drulling and acting like he got to vomit and it wont come up. he still wants to eat and drink. within the last hour his nose has dryed out i was told it might be a tape worm and it was really bad im not sure if it is how bad does it sound to you and well he be ok till monday no vet around me will see him cause his breed and his vet on a trip till monday... sserously need help i dont want to loose my baby thank you so much
Old March 14th, 2010, 02:00 AM

zuesmom if you open your own thread with this question you will get better response than posting it in a thread about Feline Anaemia.

Have you spoken by phone with a local vet to get some advise as to whether or not this can wait until Monday? I'm suprised by the negative response you got from the vets regarding treatment because of breed.

If your dog is continually trying to vomit, and it is preventing him from drinking or eating I would say he should be seen by a vet

If the white bits in the poop look like rice in size & shape but are moving it sounds like it may be tapeworm, if there are long linked segments or a lot of segments you should see a vet for assistance as your dog may have a large quantity of worms which can put his health at risk.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Hopelessly devoted 2 dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuesmom View Post
hi i have a 3yr pit mix weight at about 75lbs today he had an accident in the house and when i went to clean it up it had little white things in it then he vomited and now hes drulling and acting like he got to vomit and it wont come up. he still wants to eat and drink. within the last hour his nose has dryed out i was told it might be a tape worm and it was really bad im not sure if it is how bad does it sound to you and well he be ok till monday no vet around me will see him cause his breed and his vet on a trip till monday... sserously need help i dont want to loose my baby thank you so much
I am not a vet but it sounds like worms, don't panic worms are common and all dogs (and cats) should be treated for them several times a year.
If your dog is drinking, eating and then urinating and defecating normally you should be able to wait a few days to see your vet. If NOT then you should IMMEDIATELY locate a vet with Emergency service and get your baby there.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Senior Contributor

The white things are probably tapeworm, but they generally don't cause the other symptoms you're describing. I would take your dog the vet immediately, even if you have to drive somewhere else. Vomiting, dry heaving, and drooling aren't normal and could be something serious.