Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old November 27th, 2007, 10:52 AM

Buddy Passed away Nov 26 during the night!!

Hi ,

Just wanted to say thks for all the wishes and support, Buddy had a rough time the past couple of weeks ,it was up and down.Yesterday he looked like he had enough.
We kept him comfortable as we could ,he always wanted to go outside because of the prednisone,but yesterday Nov 26 it was raining.
We decided to put him in the garage ,he loved the garage from the day we brought him home.It is not heated but warmer than outside, it is attached to the house.We left him on his blanket and gave him some water and let him sleep.

We woke up this morning at 5:30 am Nov 27 and when we opened the door of the garage ,it looked like he was sleeping near the garage door.
We went over and seen he was not breathing, he was cold ,hard and stiff.
He had his mouth open and tongue hanging out ,sorry for the description but I need to say the words.He probably died in his sleep or while he was resting.

I feel bad we left him in a cool area but that is what he liked these past few months.I feel I let him down and he could have passed away inside the house but he was so hot and uncomfortable inside these past days.
I am having a hard time , I thought i COULD DO MORE.

sorry I have to go I'm having a hard time to write this. BUDDY

What is the best cremation place near Montreal?

Should we attend (assist) the cremation?

Thks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by budboybudboy77; November 27th, 2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:54 AM

sorry for your loss

I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you the very best during this difficult time.

The Gang
Albert Muggelsworth aka- Biddy- Black Pug
Arthur Maximillion aka-Stinky- Victorian Bulldog
Samuel Elijah aka-MOO MOO- Boxer
Isabella Franchesca Isadora- aka-Izzyface- Doberman Pinscher
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:00 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Don't feel bad. You did all you could for him. It was his choice to go that way. I wish we could all choose our places and times.
My thoughts are with you.
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm so very sorry your loss, you have my deepest condolences.

Perhaps this place would be good for whatever arrangements you need to make?
www.noscopains.ca/
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

I too am so sorry for your loss - It is so difficult and I offer you my deepest condolences.

I do know of a cremation place that has a good reputation, I'm looking for it now and will post back in a few minutes.
Found it - Eternal Friends 450-975-7738
http://www.eternalfriends.ca/

RIP sweet Buddy

Marko
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Budboy! You were a remarkable family! and Buddy new how wonderful you were to him...You tried so hard to make him comfy all these months..dont beat yourself up about this! Think of it this way! he went to the bridge in the comfort of a place he liked! you said it yourself that he liked it since you brought him into your life! He wasnt hot and uncomfortable....

Remember he is at peace...I dont think many of us here really can tell the extent of the pain our animals are in so I am sure Buddy is running free without any more pain and suffering and now he waits for his forever family!

I cant help you with a crematorium but I am sure someone else with a wealth of knowledge will be along to provide you with that...

May Buddy

Cindy

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Senior Contributor

sorry for your loss...it's terrible for you. You were a great, you did all that you could do...Buddy
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Senior Contributor

My heart goes out to you.
Buddy, sweet brave boy.
Old November 27th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Young at Heart

I am so sorry for your loss He is now at peace and pain free!
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Addicted to puppy

I am so sorry for your loss, Buddy is frolicking again with all of our furbabies at the bridge. Shade will look out for him

Buddy

RIP Shade I will never forget your sweet smile
Old November 27th, 2007, 03:36 PM

Thank You all for all the wishes .
I have got in touch with a crematorium in Berthierville.
Buddy will stay in garage for 1 more day ,the place told us he should be ok in the garage until we bring him with us to the crematory on late Wednesday or whatever.
Just a small correction, it was during Tuesday Nov 27 morning between 12:00 am to 5:30 am that he passed away.I got my dates wrong by a day.
We will drive 1 and a half hours to crematorium and stay for the whole service which is 2 hours.
I am really missing him right now ,I have no more ball player to play with,nor does he.
If I look at his pics ,I just keep crying and crying.

Bye for now.
Thks all again
Old November 27th, 2007, 04:07 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm so sorry for your loss after such a long valiant battle. Don't beat yourself up. You did all you could do and more. It was Buddy's time.

I have an angel waiting, too, budboy. He was alone when he first arrived--he beat everyone to the Bridge. But I'm sure he brought his ball with him--it was his favorite toy and he loved to toss it. I'm sure he and Buddy will get along famously.

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Buddy

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 27th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Senior Contributor

So sorry,you certainly fought a valiant battle with Buddy,but in the end he gave up,no more pain,no more vets,he's ok now...Buddy-Boy
Old November 27th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Half Way To Crazy

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.. know that buddy is not alone and he will be able to play all the ball games he wants now that he is in no more pain and suffering..you did everything you could for him..
run free buddy

Old November 27th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

I am so sorry for your loss May Buddy

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Senior Contributor

I am also very sorry for your loss....

Diane
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:32 PM

Thks all again this is really hard, i still can't believe he is gone.
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:07 PM
border collie mama

i am so sorry for you loss!, you didnt do anything by putting him in the garage, it was where he was most comfortable and where he probably wanted to be. and i know t is still hard to believe he is gone, and it may still take quite some tim for it to really sink in, which is how it hasalway beem for me, but just keep the good memories of him close. may buddy and for you
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Buddy Passed

So sorry for your loss and try to focus on how loved he felt and how you'll meet up again. Take Care.
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:36 PM

Your Personal Angel Buddy is watching over you now, never doubt he loved you, knew you loved him & did all you could for him.

Sweet Buddy

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old November 28th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Senior Contributor

I also have an Angel who crossed the bridge over 12 years ago with her favorite racket ball. I still think of her and know that she is romping now with your Angel. Be well and take the time to mourn and remember.

Patti
Old November 28th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I can only imagine your grief and guilt. But you must know that you did what you felt would make him comfortable and if he was more comfortable there, then I am sure he passed while asleep and feeling cool and loved.
He felt you carry him, console him, talk to him and he knew it was his time to go. God bless you and your family and let God now take your place, let God care for him and let Buddy's spirit care for you.
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM

I love all the wishes for my Buddy here is a few pictures ,boy it is hard to look at these but I miss him sooooo much.

I love you Bud ,R.I.P.
Attached Images

Old November 28th, 2007, 02:01 PM
-

I am so sorry to hear about Buddy. :sad: You both went through so much together and he was your soulmate. The pics you posted are adorable.....especially the first one on the bed. He will always leave pawprints on your heart.
Old November 28th, 2007, 07:30 PM

I think now we had stopped his zentonil liver pills for about 3 weeks before his passing , I keep thinking maybe this speeded up his sickness.
We went with the pred and Baytril.
My day was hard and I missed feeding him and giving him water and checking on him ,playing ball or giving him a cookie.

I feel I am still asleep and it is all a bad dream.:sad:
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Hey Budboy! You cant have those regrets! I have to say you did more than alot of people out there would have or could have done! really...you were there for him when he was sick and he fought a valiant fight! but you know I really believe that animals know there is a better place and after fighting sometimes they have to let go! Bud is running free without pain! and you have the memories! their in your heart and the best part is nothing can take those precious moments away!

Look at the picture of Bud on the bed! that is a precious moment I am sure! Things will get better..it will take some time....we are all here to listen and offer a ear! and it really does help to talk about those wonderful moments you had with him..

Whats Buddy's story? did you get him when he was a pup?

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old November 28th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Owned by goldens

Buddy passed away

I am a bit late I know but Pet Friends does cremations. They are very compassionate and will also go to your home to perform euthanasia for those who would rather their pet die at home. The person who runs the company is also involved in golden rescue.

My sympathy.
Old November 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM

Thks for the condolences ,I had Buddy since he was 4 months old, a very happy active puppy and a whole lot of fun to have around,My Best Friend - 110%.

Buddy will be cremated in Berthierville tomorrow Nov 29 at Incimal , we are taking part and bringing him home.

He loved playing in the sprinkler when he was young ,loved to have shoes in his mouth and picked up tricks and obedience soo fast.Very smart!

Thks for all kind words.
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Senior Contributor

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
Old November 29th, 2007, 07:48 PM

Well
It was a hard day for us, Buddy was cremated and we took his ashes home in a beautiful Urn with some of his hair and a tooth.
The ashes are in a sort of plastic bag at first then a nice satin bag to put the ashes in.
Then the satin bag is in the wooden Urn with his hair and tooth,and the Urn is wrapped in another satin black bag.
The Urn has his name on it with his passing.It took 2 hours for the whole cremation and a last kiss goodbye from all of us , and a clip of his hair and away he went to the crematory.
I still can't believe he is gone it is sooo lonesome without him , I'm sort of angry with life and also sad with his loss.
I tried to keep it together at the crematory which I did except for a little part but that was for making it his moment and not ours.
At home now though it is very hard ,I'm sorry I repeat myself but how do any of you get through this, he was my only best friend ,well except for my wife and my son.
Thks all for your wishes.