Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old February 26th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Pre-mature RIP but I need your prayers

I am not much for opening up threads and asking for help but this is a tough one and I need whatever blessings you can give to a kind soul I recently rescued.

Not to get into detail, a beautiful and kind 'junk yard dog' was rescued. He is such a wonderful man with spirit, gentleness, and just an all round good natured soul. I brought him to the vet for a overall check up to ensure that he was in tip top shape so that a home and forever family could be found.

The vet contacted me as the dog was ailing so tests were done. Renal failure. Nothing left to do as there is nothing left. The doctors contacted me about 15 minutes ago and tell me that he needs to be put to rest....for my vet to say this it means that I need to throw in the towl....I so don't want to as you all can imagine but I have no choice it seems. (Gosh I am having trouble just typing this).

So after work I am going to take him for a small walk and say good bye to a wonderful boy.

Please say a prayer for this beautiful GSD that served man as they asked. Please remember him for 5:45 pm.

Thanks for reading and letting me share this little piece of who he is and I will be sure to let him know that he is loved....finally.
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

:sad: How sad. Thank you for sharing this story. It puts things in perspective for all of us, doesn't it? And please don't be bashful about asking for help. It truly does help with our inner conflicts to share.
beautiful boy Know in the end you finally found the love you deserved.
My candle will be lit to guide him...........

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so sorry to hear that, BenMax, I know this is a dog that you became very close to. .

Sometimes animals come into our lives for a reason and I believe he came into your life so you could give him those few weeks of love and care that he so deserved.

You are his .

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you so very much 14+ and L4H for answering this thread. I am having a very very difficult time with this as this was not suppose to be the outcome. I did not expect this to happen as initially I was told that the meds would help and he had at the very least 6 months to 1 year.

On the walk tonight - I am going to tell him your names and that you as well wish him well on his journey. I want him to hear all those people that really DO care. I promise to relay the message.
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:37 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

My name isn't necessary. Just tell him his story touched a lot of people. :sad:

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Give him a hug for me too.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Give him a hug for me too.
I so will L4H. In a big big way. Thanks.
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Rottie owner and lover

I am so sorry you and he will be going through this. You will finally be able to give him the love and the peace he deserves.
We are all thinking of you guys
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Senior Contributor

BenMax,I don't really know what to say,this is so very difficult,but you and this wonderful pup will be in my thoughts.
We all at one time need help to deal with our emotions and sadness,your inner strenght to help needy animals,is probably more than many of us have,but sometimes the sense of injustice will be too difficult for even the strongest.
He knows you love him and will leave this world that treated him badly,with love in his heart.to both of you and thank you for helping this boy.
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:10 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

As short as your time with him is, BenMax, at least he has the gift of someone who loves him to be there as he crosses over.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Benmax I am truly sorry...I am crying writing this. Please give him lots of kisses from me! I have such a soft spot for the GSD's! I wish there was something more that could be done! Keep him in your heart with all the others you have saved! He will be waiting at the bridge for all those that made his life happy! Bless you for being there!

I will be thinking of you tonight! Can you share his name with us?

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww benmax..

I will as well add to this my candle.. There are many across the bridge that are waiting for him..

Sending you my huggs as well..
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you all very much. Gawd I am chocking here....so not like me but I am just so tired I think right now. I know I have to be strong for this (for him) but I just can't help it. Just when there was hope that finally something good was on his way - it dashed as quickly as it came.

I didn't tell anyone about this (except for L4H) but I was planning on adopting him myself. He has the same personality as my Ben and I just feel head over heals in love...truly.

Anyways I have to deal with it.

Oh yes Winston - his name is Atticus.
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:23 PM

Lucky dog, has found you in his last moments. Please give him a hug from me and he will be with all the other pets at the bridge. I will be saying a prayer for him.
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Senior Contributor

umm benmax you also told me

Here is Atticus...

Attached Images

Old February 26th, 2009, 01:24 PM
150% PRO S/N

Run free to the bridge Atticus. You will find lots of friends and love there.

Old February 26th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks DM for the picture of Atticus.

I guess I told more people than I thought. In fact I think I did tell everyone just about....(heck I can't keep a secret it appears).

It is what it is right? I just wanted to be his mom.
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Senior Contributor

I think my dear.. that you rescueing him & giving him the vet attention he needed.. you are his mom..

He will be with you forever.. & waiting for YOU at the bridge
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

I'm sorry BenMax,Atleast he was able to have some real love in his life thanks to you even if it was for a short time.
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry for both of you. I'm sure his time with you, however short, will bring him much happiness though.
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM

BenMax...I am really sorry to hear about Atticus. He will be in my thoughts this afternoon, as will you. You showed him love and affection, please give him a hug for me as well...

Atticus
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:23 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Benmax, the little time of love Atticus got with you is a lifetime for him. He got affection and vet care that he'd probably never had before. Love from me and Grace, i'll hug you in person when i can.

Atticus
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG...Benmax, it is with such sorrow I write this. I am so glad he had you in his life even if it was for a short time. My thoughts and prayers will definately reach you and Atticus..:sad:have a wonderful walk. My thoughts will be with you and Atticus
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I'm a softy

what a beautiful dog, I don't think I have the words, but my thoughts and prayers will be with you througout. There is nothing like finding a dog that has the ability to touch our soul. Please try to take comfort in knowing that he will be thankful for the time you gave him, no matter how short the love you showed him is far better than any length of time he would have spent in his previous situation. This is the time he needs you most. Being with him with unconditional love, what an angel you are. You will be blessed for what you do, for what you have done. I will ask for you to be given the strength you need to get through this, my thoughts are with you, give him a couple of pats from all of us here.
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:30 PM
banned user

Benmax...my thoughts are with you this afternoon...but know that you have given him love and he will feel that
love....take care you are a special person to do this
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Kitty pimp

what a well whtever you can think of thats bad

My pryars are with you all
Old February 26th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you all so very very much. Atticus is loved isn't he!

You know just to share alittle about me..I am suppose to be the rock I assume. Seeing the worst and best of people and animals. I am strong in front of those that know me (or don't) but I have to tell you I am not who people may think I am. When it comes to life and how it ends, I am the worst. Even if I go to a funeral where I don't know who it is that has passed, I fall apart....completely. Animals are my weakness when it comes to this. It is so difficult for me to say good-bye...I feel cheated or even guilty sometimes that I either was not there on time, or I just didn't spend enough time with them. Either way - I feel like I could have or should have done more.

When Ben died I guess I just wanted him back so much that I really dove into my 'work'. I just couldn't deal with it very well...still don't to be honest. Atticus reminded me of Ben so I guess for this reason I am totally chocked. This is almost like saying good bye to an old friend again.

I just want to say thank you to all of you as this means more to me than anything..really truly does. Even though you are my friends behind the screen, I know you all 'get it' and I can be as weak or as strong as I truly am.

Forgive me for babbling. I just wanted to say thank you.
Old February 26th, 2009, 03:16 PM

BenMax: I do believe that Atticus chose you.He knew you were the one who would take good care of him.

Atticus,you are beautyful.You'll be love for ever.I give you a kiss and if you meet my sweet Bonnie,please tell her I love her too.

Just for you big boy
Old February 26th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Half Way To Crazy

Old February 26th, 2009, 04:31 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Bless you Benmax for blessing Atticus with a quick and painless death. Imagine if he had stayed where he was what his outcome would have been unimaginable!
for you for this evening. Atticus will be greeted by many at the bridge and he will wait for you there with Ben.
Atticus, sweet angel
for you Benmax

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!