Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 17th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I'm a softy

crazy scary scottie dog

So I shall tell you all the story that happened to me the beginning of february.. I was attacked by a scottie dog.. Yup! Not a pitbull, had it been a pitbull I am sure it would have been front page news grrr, but alas it was a scottish terror so no headlines for me. I was alking my shih tzu with my oldest, she is 11, in our neighborhood and out of no where comes a little black scraggly looking dog he stopped by the stop sign looked at us, then came over, I was thinkin he was going to sniff my dog so no big deal, nope, he started a run about 15 feet away and like a flash was attached to my free hand, anything I moved he bit, so he got my other hand also, his owner came out, so that distracted him long enough to attack her hands also, he charged her got her hand in his mouth and shook it, I took the leash of my dog and had my daughter hole him, I made a noose thing and attempted to get it around the dogs neck, this got me bit another time but not as bad, at least then I was able to keep the dog off of people, the owner was in shock, I gave her her dog and she left, and we went home to try and clean my hands and arm, a couple bites were real bad, and were weeping clear fluid and ohh the pain, so my daughter and I went to the hospital.. There it was decided I needed surgery on my finger, the dog when he bit bit hard and shook and ripped my finger to the bone and through the nerves, my right index finger and the fatty part by your thumd got the worst.. Many stitches later, the swelling got so bad the had to be removed, I had to go to the doctor every second day for dressing changes, now finally, its all better, there are very noticible scars though on both hands and my finger may never be the same. Animal control went looking for the dog and couldn't find it, so the medical officer of health determind considering the nature of the unprovoked attack I need to get rabies shots, 4 in my legs of anibody serum and 5 of the vaccine in my arms, on day 1, 3, 7, 14 and 21, also got a tetnus shot... I would have got some info from the lady but with the shock amd pain you just don't think, of coarse this is the quick version, but seriously the dog just charged and attacked my hand so fast, it was a shock, I happened so fast I wasn't even watching the dog and all of a sudden it was on me. I don't know where the owner lady came from she seemed to just appear, but the dog went just as savage on her. All the nurses at the hospital came into my room, they heard about the nasty bites and wanted to see, some of the worst dog damage to hands they had seen I was told. So that's my story

It wasn't my daughter so that's what matters, I'm not angry at all about it, just wish we could have found the dog to see if it did have its shots and to be looked at after, as t may be dangerous. The thing that makes me the most mad though is this is proof of how dog attacks get no attention unless its a pitbull, ill bet my house that had it been a pittie it would have been told in the news! But a little black terror dog and life goes on, soooo messed up!
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter