Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old January 2nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Adriann and Judd deepest sympathies from everyone at my house, furry and not. You gave Horton the last gift of love you could. A pain free end. He knows you love him and did everything you could. As Lukka'sma said he's now running without pain and will watch over you.

Horton
Old January 2nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I am so sorry, Adriann...so utterly sorry.

You and Judd were such loving parents. There was nothing more you could have done. Never feel as if you let Horton down--nothing could be farther from the truth.

Horton

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:08 PM

Adriann and Judd ..... You were such wonderful parents to wee Horton, and everyone here has come to love him. We feel your pain, but please know you did the right thing freeing him from all the seizures. Take care.

Pat
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:11 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

baby Horton

I am feeling your pain.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Ohhhh noo

I am so VERY sorry Adriann and Judd..You guys did all you could for sweet Horton..He knew that both of you loved him very much.

You both are AMAZING people..You never gave up on him.

He isn't suffering anymore..He will always be with you and Judd.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both....

little

Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Geek Club CEO

Adriann and Judd, you did everything you could, and more than most people would have. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your little guy is pain-free. You did the right thing.
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:03 PM

Thank you to everyone for loving Horton, I think he has had his 15 minutes of fame in his short life, the look of a movie star!

Logically, I know we did the right thing. It's just that, when I've had to do this in the past, it was such a definite decision....I KNEW that my pets where going to pass anyway, it was inevidable, but with Horton, there where so many what ifs, and I knew they had lived long GREAT lives....it's just so hard to except.

Even the doctors where upset, I just completely lost it when they started the process. I wanted to hold him while he passed on but I couldn't even look, I knew I would tell them to stop if I had to watch.

We plan to bury him at Judd's parents house tomorrow, beside my Fred. Judd's parents have 100 acres of land, I like to think he could run and play on.

I'm a big believer in fate, and I KNOW that God brought little Horton to us for a reason, and even if I can't see it now....one day I will. Maybe it was so I could meet all of you!

This forum has a kindness not only for animals but, for people that is missing almost everywhere else in the world and you all have been my angels through this. I'll never get tired of saying thank you....so, THANK YOU!!!
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:14 PM
I'm a softy

Lucky puppy

what a sweet face! I just read all the pages and my heart is aching for you. What a sweet lucky puppy to have found you both. To get that unconditional love when he needed it most! You need to know that you did the right thing, he is thanking you for it I am sure. I don't know you but you are in my thoughts, I know you are feeling unimaginable grief right now. He is absolutly beautiful, and so are you for all the things you did for him. Take care and I hope that as time goes by you are able to open your hearts again for another little one that needs you.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
Owned by goldens

Baby Horton

I have been reading daily about Horton and was so hoping for a better outcome. You did everything you could for the poor little guy and in the end gave him the best gift you could have given him...peace.

I am so sorry that you had to make this decision but it was the right one for him. My sympathies.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:41 PM

i was afraid to open this thread tonight.....I am so sorry that you and Judd had to go through this, but you did what was right for baby Horton.

Run free sweet Horton, you will eternally be a puppy, healthy and happy.

sweet baby....

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Adriann my heart goes out to you. You didn't kill him, you loved him and helped him to leave his pain behind. Every animal should be as loved as Baby Horton was. I'm so so sorry for you loss. I can't believe I'm crying over a little guy I never knew but he really grabbed our hearts didn't he?
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM

I am so sorry to hear of the outcome for Horton. My heart bleeds, and tears fall down my face.

Having to make that choice myself a few times, the what ifs stick out like a sore thumb. However, remember, that you gave Horton, the best he could have. If he had stayed at the breeders, he wouldn't have had any chances at all.

One thing to think about, is your reception at the Rainbow Bridge is going to be a noisey one, at least I think it would. All the barks and Meows of happiness to have their loved one back in their life.

God bless you, for giving Horton all the love you had, the chances, and in turn, the love he could give you.

Take care of yourselves, and your furbabies
binky, Nikki and Koko
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Adriann,I usually do not come on here at night,but for some reason I was drawn to the PC and now I know why.
I think we all loved little Horton with his silly long ears and I for one was angry and sad about a stupid condition that ended his life,he would have had such a wonderful life with you and Judd.
I too believe little angel Horton came to you for a reason,a reason I cannot explain,maybe because someone knew you would love him and care for him until the end
Please give yourselves time to grieve this little boy,but at the same time try to find peace in knowing he's not suffering anymore.
I think everyone on this Forum,me included,are sitting here crying for your loss and ours,but I guess it was just not meant to be.
sweet little boy Horton
Sorry Adriann,I am just not very good at writing about something like this.............
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Adriann, I'm so sorry for your loss :sad: Chico's right, we all grew to love that little guy and are all so thankful to you and Judd for giving him the love and attention that he deserved.

Horton

and lots of and to you and Judd
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:18 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am so,so sorry to hear about precious Horton. You were the best parents he could have asked for. I don't think there are too many people in this world that would have done what you and Judd did for this little tyke.

Horton

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:42 AM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Not the outcome I was hoping for needless to say. I'm so sorry for your loss. The poor little guy is finally at peace and you no longer have to tear yourself up watching him suffer. You did everything you could have done and more.

Cindy
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:10 AM
-

Adriann27, I can't believe how big your heart is , already thinking about helping other dogs when you're still mourning Horton.

You can donate Horton's things to your local shelter or humane society. I'm sure it's going to be put to good use. I have everything I need here for my fosters , thanks so much for the offer though.

You are truly an angel , and that is why Horton was put in your family. Because only you could have taking such good care and given him so much love.

How are you guys doing this morning ?
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
NOT a senior member

The others have said it all. Horton.

My loyal menagerie... (all neutered, spayed, and gelded...and YOU aren't safe either!)

Ruben (Bullmastiff)
Emmy (Miniature Pinscher)
Petie (Miniature Pinscher)
Shadow (Miniature Pinscher)
Zoe (APBT)
Tito (Paint Gelding)
Francesca (Miniature Horse Filly)
Vincenzo (APHA gelding)

Lots of fishies......
Old January 3rd, 2009, 01:31 PM

Adriann, you and Judd are in my thoughts today. I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could for your precious Horton, and in the end, when he needed you the most, you found your strength to give him a gentle passing. Until I was faced with this decision, I didn't understand, but you did give him a wonderful gift out of your love for him. I too believe there was a reason he was sent to touch your lives--even so briefly.

Be at peace Baby Horton . You will forever live on in the hearts of those who love you .
Old January 4th, 2009, 10:45 PM

I am so sorry for your loss
Like everyone else has said you guys did everything you could for him, he was lucky to have found you and I am sure he knew how much you guys loved him.
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Live well, laugh often

I want to add my condolences for your loss of sweet Horton. I am so sorry that things ended this way but am sure that you made the best decision. Your love for Horton was obvious to us all and I am sure that he knew it even better than we did! He was very lucky to have you and Judd as guardians in his short life.

Old January 5th, 2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Adriann27, I can't believe how big your heart is , already thinking about helping other dogs when you're still mourning Horton.

You can donate Horton's things to your local shelter or humane society. I'm sure it's going to be put to good use. I have everything I need here for my fosters , thanks so much for the offer though.

You are truly an angel , and that is why Horton was put in your family. Because only you could have taking such good care and given him so much love.

How are you guys doing this morning ?
You are to sweet. I just want to help some other furbaby, due to the fact we couldn't help him in the end.

We are not doing to well. We both just miss him so much. My poor cats are running from me as if to say "stop hugging us, what is wrong with you woman?"

I am back to work today, so hopefully I can begin to think about other things. I thought also I may talk to the humane society today about their fostering program. I haven't mentioned it to Judd, but he's learned by now, I do what I want anyway.

To all my friends for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old January 5th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Adriann27 - I wish to pass my deepest condolences. Horton was a special soul and he had (and still has) wonderful parents that loved him and cherished him.

You and Judd are exactly what the word 'human' is suppose to mean. Your little man Horton has touched so many people and my thoughts are with you. It is so very very rare that we in rescue meet such truly beautiful people there are in this world..we forget at times. You remind me.

Bless you and your family.

Peace Horton - you were loved by many.
Old January 5th, 2009, 08:35 AM

One more thing

We buried Horton yesterday with his blankie and teddy bear/squeaky. He is buried right beside my Fred on Judd's parent's property which is beautiful. They are both buried under a small natural waterfall...there are deer, turkey and all other types of animals out there to keep them company. Judd picked the place for first Fred (which was my cat for 9 years) and then it just seemed right to bury Horton there to.

Little Face, we miss you so much!
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Little baby Horton is in a beautiful place with friends

I buried 4 cats(not at once)at the end of my yard,I always took comfort in knowing they are in the yard they loved to play in and ever now and then I talk to them.
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Baby Horton's

Are you going to pursue legal action against Horton's breeder?
Old January 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.pettet View Post
Are you going to pursue legal action against Horton's breeder?
We are going to try to persue it.
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Adrienn27 - If you would like to memorialize Horton you could go to the Pets that have passed away section - Rainbow Bridge and do a new thread for him. I am sure it will bring you some peace.
Please know my heart is breaking for you. I can not go to the Bridge section at the moment though. My loss is still too recent.
baby Horton

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 5th, 2009, 01:33 PM

Little Horton

Adriann
Old January 5th, 2009, 01:39 PM
~Cat Servent~

I've just been catching up on posts today, and read through this entire thread... first off I am so so sorry for your loss, reading through this just broke my heart.:sad: Little adorable Horton. Secondly you did help him in the end, you did all you could to help him recover and then you helped him pass with dignity and peace and gave him a beautiful resting place and most important of all he knew and had love right until his last moment. Thats all any of us, human and animal alike, can ask for at the end.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M