Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:10 PM
Gail P's Avatar
Gail P Gail P is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,301
Lost Border Collie (York Region)

A friend of mine just cross-posted this on facebook 10 minutes ago:

LOST DOG! anyone in the area(york region): Black & white Border Collie,
name INDY Last seen kennedy RD ad queensnville side road area ( york
region) around 3:30 June 2 nervous of strangers. Please call 905-432-
4124 Natasha if you see him!!
__________________
Beware of Mushers...They will suck you into their addiction!

If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion!

http://www.racingrescues.com
http://www.goodbyegoose.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
Chris21711 Chris21711 is offline
-
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Queensville, Ontario
Posts: 8,992
Keeping an eye out for her, she went missing just down the road from us.....odd though, she is a highly trained dog and frequents the property from where she went missing very often (Natasha's b/f). My daughter called last night saying that Natasha had texted her....I called several neighbours and asked them to keep an eye open for her.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Gail P's Avatar
Gail P Gail P is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Keeping an eye out for her, she went missing just down the road from us.....odd though, she is a highly trained dog and frequents the property from where she went missing very often (Natasha's b/f). My daughter called last night saying that Natasha had texted her....I called several neighbours and asked them to keep an eye open for her.
Was there any thunder? Up here we had some. It's not uncommon for dogs that otherwise wouldn't wander to run scared during a storm, or even if they sense once coming. My neighbour's dog used to sometimes come over when a storm was coming and hang around me and try to slip into the house with me. Or she'd run and hide in a stall in a corner of their barn. She was supposed to be in a fenced area around their house but no fence will hold her, she always finds a way out when she really wants to.
__________________
Beware of Mushers...They will suck you into their addiction!

If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion!

http://www.racingrescues.com
http://www.goodbyegoose.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Chris21711 Chris21711 is offline
-
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Queensville, Ontario
Posts: 8,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail P View Post
Was there any thunder? Up here we had some. It's not uncommon for dogs that otherwise wouldn't wander to run scared during a storm, or even if they sense once coming. My neighbour's dog used to sometimes come over when a storm was coming and hang around me and try to slip into the house with me. Or she'd run and hide in a stall in a corner of their barn. She was supposed to be in a fenced area around their house but no fence will hold her, she always finds a way out when she really wants to.
I don't recall hearing any thunder Gail, but it was just teeming down, pounding against the windows....I really don't understand why Indy would have been out in it.....The property from where she went missing has quite a bit of bush, but it does back onto a "mini" subdivision with large homes...hopefully Natasha went knocking on doors. I'll give my Daughter a call to see if she has heard anything. If she has I'll post it here.....Fingers crossed that she has shown up
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
Spatx's Avatar
Spatx Spatx is offline
Mom of Cody and Nova
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 591
Saw this here and just received notice on Facebook about him going missing. Fingers crossed Natasha finds Indy! I know him from flyball, and it is unusual that he'd suddenly go missing. He's a senior dog as well.

he gets home soon.
__________________
Cody - Australian Shepherd
Nova - Border Collie
Sniper - Border Collie/Cattle Dog X
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 7th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Chris21711 Chris21711 is offline
-
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Queensville, Ontario
Posts: 8,992
My Daughter told me yesterday that Indy has been reunited with Natasha after two days missing.....She doesn't know the details.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 7th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Frenchy's Avatar
Frenchy Frenchy is offline
-
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Quebec
Posts: 30,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
My Daughter told me yesterday that Indy has been reunited with Natasha after two days missing.....She doesn't know the details.
yipee !
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 7th, 2010, 04:54 PM
chico2's Avatar
chico2 chico2 is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oakville Ontario
Posts: 26,591
Good stuff
__________________
"The cruelest animal is the Human animal"
3 kitties,Rocky(r.i.p my boy),Chico,Vinnie
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 7th, 2010, 05:03 PM
BenMax BenMax is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,187
Love, love, love happy endings. Great way to start the week!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 7th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Gail P's Avatar
Gail P Gail P is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,301
Excellent!
__________________
Beware of Mushers...They will suck you into their addiction!

If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion!

http://www.racingrescues.com
http://www.goodbyegoose.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Forum Terms of Use

  • All Bulletin Board Posts are for personal/non-commercial use only.
  • Self-promotion and/or promotion in general is prohibited.
  • Debate is healthy but profane and deliberately rude posts will be deleted.
  • Posters not following the rules will be banned at the Admins' discretion.
  • Read the Full Forum Rules

Forum Details

  • Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
    Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise (Reduced on this page: MySQL 0%).
  • All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.