Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 25th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Chinny Chin Chin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V5i...ature=youtu.be

This is Chinny Chin Chin who showed up over FOUR years ago. After four years of putting food out and providing a warm place to sleep in winter we can pet her. We started by playing with the Magic Stick, moved on to the stick with a string as you can see here. Chinny initiated the first hand pet by moving up the stick to my hand and making it plain I was to use my hand to pet her. The video is of the third time I ever pet her. She is still very skittish.

The black cat in the background is another feral who appeared one year ago. Rather think he is a stray or a dumpee though as now I can pick him up any old way, tickle his feet and tummy. He has been in the house and does not freak out, wish we could keep him in but we are full. He is quite friendly with our Lab and they exchange ear licks and lie on the grass close by each other. Heck, half the time I go out with dog the cat greets the dog first.
Old July 26th, 2016, 12:11 PM

What a beautiful kitty It's shocking how any one could discard their kitty but thank goodness folks like you make these kitties lives better.
Old July 26th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Well done Longblades
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old July 26th, 2016, 06:20 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Must be so heart-warming to have her trust after all this time! What a beautiful kitty! The black fella is a handsome dude, too! Love how he greets the dog first!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 26th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh I want a kitty so bad ! I am so glad you helped the sweet beautiful kitties . It's a wonderful feeling rescuing unwanted pets, I did this a few times too.
Old July 27th, 2016, 06:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks folks. We have five cats inside, all live trapped in the backyard, and now these two outside. We are very sure two were true ferals, born in the wild and with little exposure to people. But the rest, even Chinny who resisted our overtures for four years, seem to have been pets at one time. Maybe just barn cats but all used to and liking being petted and played with. We have tried to find previous owners; nada. What kind of people bestow friendship, even love, on an animal and then let it go? Not try to find it? Even deliberately abandon it?

Yes, Joey, as we call the outside black boy, is very fond of the dog. Another sign he was a pet. Yesterday I wished for the hundredth time I had video recording capabilities out of my eyes as Joey walked over to the lying down dog, lay down beside him, reached his head up and back and purred and nuzzled the dog as the dog licked Joey's ears.
Old July 27th, 2016, 11:26 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

7 kitties! Holy catz! Where do you get the energy? JD is twice as time consuming as any two of the dogs! Your place sounds like a real kitty haven...it's no wonder Chin chin and Joey stick around! They can tell quality folk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
What kind of people bestow friendship, even love, on an animal and then let it go? Not try to find it? Even deliberately abandon it?
I've been asking myself the same questions lately. Boggles the mind!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 28th, 2016, 04:34 AM

That was great awesome good job.
Old August 3rd, 2016, 08:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Update - Last Evening Another First

I've been playing with the two after supper each night and getting pets. But it's been so hot several times I just went and sat on the chaise lounge in the shade instead and coaxed Chinny up beside me for pets. She will come up and even got completely on my lap once, but when I stop petting she leaves.

Last night Chinny just hopped right up without any coaxing, got some pets then when I stopped petting curled up on my lap. She's not a small cat and my lap really isn't big enough but when she slipped off she stayed by my side on the chair and just lay with me.

This is a big step, for her to jump up to be beside me without me coaxing her. She is still very skittish of any sudden moves I make but now I can turn the pages of a book and read without her being frightened and running off.
Old August 3rd, 2016, 12:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I think she's happy she found you!

Old August 3rd, 2016, 11:12 PM

Patience pays off!

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying