Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

View Poll Results: What type of vehicle would you choose?
Sports Car 13 38.24%
Pickup Truck 18 52.94%
None, I take the bus or ride my bike 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 7th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Live well, laugh often

Are you a truck person or a sports car person?

OK, I own a Ford Escape which is currently in being repaired from a rear-ender a while back. My replacement rental is a brand new Silverado pickup truck. Gotta say I love to drive a big pick-up truck . I also love sporty type cars, drove my friends mustang convertible last summer for a week and loved it. But if I had to choose I absolutely love being a big, tough trucker babe. Unfortunately in my real life I wouldn't have one cause in the city it sucks to park it .

So, what type of personality are you?

Poll coming ......
Old April 7th, 2007, 06:58 PM

My dream car would be a little car that is fully equipped...
(oh, and preferably a Japanese car.... and preferably, a Honda )
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Senior Contributor

I had to say sports car, but I would really prefer an SUV (in an indeal world with no global warming ).
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Remembering Lukka

Truck person or SUV I should say. Mine is a Ford Explorer Sport, but the next one will be a Dodge Durango
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I'm a truck/SUV person.
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:09 PM

Definitely sports!!! I drive a Sebring Convertible and wouldn't want a truck or SUV!

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM

I live downtown, and all I need is within walking/biking distance. So I'm strictly a foot, bike, public transport person. I don't even have a driver's license.
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM
-

In my ideal world I am both. In the real world I am neither.

Can I tell you a story though ?

In my "wild and wicked" youth I had a Triumph Spitfire convertable ~ copper-cherry-red. She was drop dead gorgeous and I kept her to spit-polished and revving to a tee.
As I did my dog ~ a Samoyed cross. Tai, my baby, was equally drop dead gorgeous with long white-blonde hair and she went with me everywhere.

Now, I have to admit, we made quite a pair ~ I wasn't hard to at look in those days and at that time had waist long flying red hair. So imagine us ripping along the wide open road~ a gorgeous blonde, a redhead in a copper-cherry-red convertible , tearing into a curve and raring to beat the band into a parking space.

So I run off into the store, noticing but barely, two young men looking admiringly as they drive by. They aren't my concern. Getting back to my dog was of course !

I step out of the store and see the same guys parked alongside my car, laughing to bust a gut, enough to cry and wet their pants. When I can finally pry the truth out of them, it seems they thought my gorgeous girl was actually a girl .

So, I've probably told this story before ~ but, let it be a lesson to you all.
Drive what feels good ~ I drove a Jeep for about 15 years and loved it to death !
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Papa D

mine is not there.......5-6 days a week i drive a mini van.....1-2 days i drive a sunfire.....not really sporty and the van is not a pick-up.....and public transit really sucks here.....ride a bike.... i might lose my big investment....my beer belly god only knows how much i'v invested
Beathoven 7 year old mutt
Maggie 5 year jack russell
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
Tigger 10 year long hair cat
marley just a pup
sasha grand pup___________________________________________________________
Lettin the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin it back in.

Most of the stuff people worry about ain't gonna happen anyway.
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Live well, laugh often

Great story mumX3 . I once drove a pulsar which had t-roofs and I totally loved that car. My old cat (Bud) would go with me for drives and he totally loved it. Whenever we stopped at a light he would stretch up so he was peeking above the opening (as he could go in his harness) and everyone would always stop, point and stare at us.

Wdawson, the poll isn't what you are driving it is what you would drive if you could pick .
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Flyball Mom

Uuummmm there's no option for both. I like the sports car, and have a little yellow, five speed, coupe, but I need something bigger, an SUV perhaps.

I'll go with sports car because it's what I like, not what I need. Love the Mazda RX8.

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Papa D

oh .....if i could pick.....hmmmm first is a viper and then a porche 911 and if the dealers are out of those then i guess i will go with a vet.....wonder if you can get a hybred viper.. ...all show and no go..
Beathoven 7 year old mutt
Maggie 5 year jack russell
Felix 15 year tabby
Ozzie 12 year tabby
Tigger 10 year long hair cat
marley just a pup
sasha grand pup___________________________________________________________
Lettin the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin it back in.

Most of the stuff people worry about ain't gonna happen anyway.
Old April 7th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

I said truck.i have a dodge dakaota quad cab.but it's gone tues and getting a montana.but would like an suv.my all time favorite would be dodge viper.or an old muscle car.GTO

Last edited by angeldogs; April 7th, 2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old April 7th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Sports car all the way...
I like pick ups but not my style really.
Dream car.... idealy would be a Spider but more realistically I LOVE my camaros always have and always will.
Hopefully next purchase will be either a Tiburon or Civic Hybrid.
Old April 7th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Learning fast

with 2 Porsches, 3 Cosworth RS500's and an Isuzu Impulse i guess it's sports cars, but the Honda Ridgeline, yummy.
And yess you can fit 2 dogs in a Porsche
Old April 8th, 2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erykah1310 View Post
Sports car all the way...
I like pick ups but not my style really.
Dream car.... idealy would be a Spider but more realistically I LOVE my camaros always have and always will.
Hopefully next purchase will be either a Tiburon or Civic Hybrid.
Hubby is working on his 86 Camaro ...... should be ready to drive this summer. Unfortunately, he won't allow the dogs in the car, so I guess they will be stuck driving in the 'bring!

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old April 8th, 2007, 10:30 AM
-

SUV for winter, sport car for summer. (so that means here, SUV for about 7-8 months a year )
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Senior Contributor

The timing on this forum is incredible! Definitely a sports car person! I drove my 87 MR2 for 20yrs and loved it Then 2 months ago I fell in love with a 2000 MR2 Spyder. It only had 36k miles on it and I couldn't resist a great deal on Craigslist. I sold the 87 2wks ago and felt so guilty - I felt unfaithful! Like an old codger that leaves his wife for a sweet young thing. I took this picture of the two together. And, of course, Den-Den in the 87 looks so sharp!
Attached Images

Old April 9th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Living in Chaos!

I am definitely a truck/SUV person. We currently have a Mazda Tribute SUV. IF it weren't for the price of gas & global warming....

liSa - Animal slave 09/27/1972
Alicia - Orange Tabby 06/01/1999 to 10/22/2004
Sam - Lab/Hound 01/03/2001 to 06/14/2014
Josie - Orange Tabby 2003
Mr. Slithers - Red-tailed boa constrictor 02/2007
Zeus - Bearded dragon 06/04/2007
Ariel and Lola - Bearded dragons 06/13/2007
Harley - MinPin 01/26/2008

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:05 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Hmmmm...toughie.... Lessee...

6 dogs, between 42 and 63 pounds apiece...

sports car?

truck/SUV?

Hmmmmmm (:insert smiley face rubbing side of face thoughtfully with forefinger: here)

Take a guess!

sports cars have never been my style, anyway...I like to be up high where I can see the yingyang on the cell phone running the stop sign

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Last edited by hazelrunpack; April 9th, 2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:12 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

This is Lil Belle's dream vehicle. She borrowed her friend Buddy the Brittany's school bus and took it for a test spin:

Name:  Lil Belle wants to drive the CTU 10-1-06.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  77.1 KB Name:  Lil Belle at the wheel of Buddy's Canine Transport Unit (CTU) 10-1-06.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  71.4 KB

She loves it cuz it's easy to handle and can seat 22 dogs comfortably!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Last edited by hazelrunpack; April 9th, 2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Animal Lover

I'm a truck person. I drive a 4 door Saturn right now, which I love. BUT My dream vehicle would be a Dodge Ram, King cab, fully loaded. Someday....

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old April 9th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

You know, on second thought, if gas prices werent an issue like they are...
I really miss mud bogging, I miss Ol Faithful ( pictured below with its regular tires on the day we sold it:sad: )
We always had a blast abusing it by plowing it through some pretty wild mud holes. Got stuck many times due to it being a standard but always found a way to get it out.
So, I would love to have a good lifted mud truck.

Ol faithful

A good mud truck that I would like to have!

That dang easter bunny killing dog still hanging around, this time fetching beer!
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:51 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
That dang easter bunny killing dog still hanging around, this time fetching beer!
So that's what happened to my holiday beer And here I blamed the hubby for drinking it on the sly!

Old April 9th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

He's up to no good this dog, my guess is he is attempting world domination getting everyone drunk and then he makes his moves.
Old April 9th, 2007, 02:53 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Quote:
He's up to no good this dog, my guess is he is attempting world domination getting everyone drunk and then he makes his moves.
he he he Sounds like a plan!

Old April 9th, 2007, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass View Post
The timing on this forum is incredible! Definitely a sports car person! I drove my 87 MR2 for 20yrs and loved it Then 2 months ago I fell in love with a 2000 MR2 Spyder. It only had 36k miles on it and I couldn't resist a great deal on Craigslist.
omg, glasslass, you are the coolest! I would sooo love to take your MR2 out for a drive... Oh, they are such special cars.
Old April 9th, 2007, 04:55 PM

Here's a picture of Harley in the 'bring'.
Attached Images

Old April 9th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Senior Contributor

There was no option for SUV, so I voted for truck. We have a Chevy Tahoe Z71, and I just bought a Hyundai Santa Fe. Sorry, but with a kid, dogs, shuttling rescue dogs around in my minivan, I definitely need the space.
Old April 11th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Senior Contributor

I always thought of myself as a sports car person (I still get vaklempt when I see an RX-7 go by. I really miss mine *sniff*). Most of my cars were either "sporty" or an actual sports car. Then I got my first pick-up (before the infamous RED RANGER). I'd always loved going off road, but I didn't realize how much I'd love my truck. I always say, a sports car is like a mistress. You constantly have to keep spending money on it and keep it looking good to keep the love alive. But a good truck, that's like a buddy. Through thick and thin, it's always there for you.

Now, it's the Tribute, something that holds bikes and babyseats!

Incidently, it was shortly after I realized I had a love for speed and off-road type stuff I got involved with rally racing.

(RED RANGER April 2003-April 2006 Still miss ya, buddy!)